Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Lexus IS Infotainment-Dash Touch Screen

Not sure about this particular model (there is literally million different chinsese screens being sold). But the short summary - you can replace 7-8" screen with 10.25" screen in your mk3 IS for ~£250-800 (dependant on where you get it and spec). The very worst screens for £250 will be 10 times better than what Lexus came with from factory, sure it will be slow and will have outdated software relatively speaking, but it is a move from 2010 technology to 2020 technology and with android you have a lot of flexibility. If you get best of the best which may or may not cost more money (I think for ~£400-£550 you can get best spec. out there if you ordering directly from china), then it will blow Lexus system out of this universe... in most simple terms they give you apple car play and android auto and from there possibilities are limitless, but if you get well specced system, then even as standalone it can pretty much be used as an android tablet in your car which seamlessly integrates with all car functions.

Installation wise - if you know exactly what your car needs and if you get it what it needs then it will be "plug & play", maximum 30 min job for somebody who knows what they are doing. Generally speaking most of places selling them will know exactly what you need and even insist you taking out your unit to confirm that they getting you the right stuff, so you really need to try deliberately to get wrong one. I think for IS realistically there are 6 different variants you can have - 2013-2016 models with either base, premium or ML spec. or 2016-2018 models again with standard, premium or ML. after 2018 Lexus came out with their own 10.25" screen and LSS+ and I don't believe unit replacement is worth it for them, nor I believe there are any for sale (yet.. although I might be wrong). So for those cars instead you get plug-in module (like GROM), just to add AA/CP. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this: Wireless CarPlay for Lexus NX RX IS ES GS RC CT LS LX LC UX – Road Top

It isnt a touch-screen but that doesn't bother me - my reading around the touchscreen and the bigger 10 inch ones are that they arent as robust/have more issues than the smaller non-touchscreen ones.

Setup is fairly straight forward whichever you choose and will take anywhere between 1-3 hours depending on your skill and prior experience (I had 0 knowledge of taking apart cars but fairly DIY orientated and it seemed intuitive).

I followed this video which went through the steps really well, although make sure you follow your own manufacturers instructions for the electronics (e.g. with DIP switches etc...).

Overall its a HUGE upgrade in terms of functionality - really night and day.

I would say if you have the premium navigation with the joystick, navigation its a bit fiddly on non-touchscreen versions as it jumps around a little, I hear those with the knob or touchpad have a better experience. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links