Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Marshall group Lexus transfer of business

On 7/8/2023 at 11:14 AM, dutchie01 said:

Sign of the times. All Dutch Lexus dealers are now operating from a Toyota dealership. Stand alone Lexus operations are too costly and a corner in a Toyota showroom is easy to find. Maybe thesame to happen in the UK?

Bernard i vividly remember buying a used Toyota Carina many years ago. From a main Toyota dealer. In the showroom talking to the salesman i asked what is that over there it was a Lexus he said it is a new luxury vehicle toyota are bringing out. So you might not be far off the mark here. Hope everything is all well over there.  

If we service at Toyota, will we still get the Lexus Relax warranty? 

Sad to see the Maidstone Lexus closed, the next ones are a bit far for me, either Tunbridge or Canterbury.

On 6/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, fourbanks said:

Personally, the Marshall group overall were poor, i found. As to the Steven Eagell Group performing better, only time will tell. 

My local dealer at Gatwick has some new staff that i've just been round to meet as I do from time to time as they are very local to me. so far not bad could be better. Typical sales staff, very friendly but the other staff a bit indifferent 

Marshall group seems poor for sure from my experience.

On 7/2/2023 at 6:30 PM, Duggie B said:

For anyone in the Maidstone area the Lexus dealer has relocated to Canterbury Lexus (Toyota are across the road to share servicing) where I understand they are looking for a suitable bigger site for the Lexus brand possibly Ashford I am led to believe.

Thanks for sharing that. I was wondering where they moved .. also Ashford, that is interesting.

I have been using Maidstone Lexus for the last 2 years & I must say I wasn't totally happy with the service they provided, it will be interesting to see how well Tunbridge Wells perform with my next service in Nov.

4 minutes ago, Bounce75 said:

I have been using Maidstone Lexus for the last 2 years & I must say I wasn't totally happy with the service they provided, it will be interesting to see how well Tunbridge Wells perform with my next service in Nov.

Hi Steve 

can you elaborate on what didn't meet your expectations 

i think the reasons for poor service are varied and as I know the Lexus staff at senior level at head office it doesn't take away the fact I get bad service like being ignored and never addressed by my name by local staff who should know it but never do 

god help us, that's all I can say. The staff levels of service overall are well short, and I'm not seeing any changes. i should also add that the other manufactures are no better

11 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Hi Steve 

can you elaborate on what didn't meet your expectations 

On the first service then never bothered to change the pollen filter until I questioned it & they said it was an oversight.

On the second service they didn't stamp the service book or change the diff oil when the service schedule said it should be changed.

Hopefully T/Wells will be an improvement.

1 hour ago, Bounce75 said:

On the first service then never bothered to change the pollen filter until I questioned it & they said it was an oversight.

On the second service they didn't stamp the service book or change the diff oil when the service schedule said it should be changed.

Not great Steve thanks for the explanation 

17 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

Ah! Okay, thanks for sharing. I hope Tunbridge Wells performs as I am debating between Canterbury and Tunbridge, Canterbury is 5 miles farther, but a better drive than the twists and turns  roads to Tunbridge 🙂

5 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

Oh, that's not good. How would we find these are not changed... we expect them to do their job correctly. 'Oversight' is a fancy term to use to coverup the mistake. 😕

6 hours ago, Kaizen said:

Oh, that's not good. How would we find these are not changed... we expect them to do their job correctly. 'Oversight' is a fancy term to use to coverup the mistake. 😕

It was my Brother in law who spotted it as he used to work for Audi & he said it was common not to bother changing them on low mileage cars as most people wouldn't notice. Seems he was right as Lexus Maidstone told me it was an oversight.

Mine goes into Toyota/Lexus Gatwick this morning and for another "major" service at just 11600 miles. I have a feeling I am going to find the experience a tad stressful, given there is next to no parking at the site, and it looked extremely crowded when I swung by earlier in the week. Good to see the Lexus staff have migrated to the new site so at least there will be some continuity. Will report back as I find.

3 hours ago, Brian R said:

Mine goes into Toyota/Lexus Gatwick this morning and for another "major" service at just 11600 miles. I have a feeling I am going to find the experience a tad stressful, given there is next to no parking at the site, and it looked extremely crowded when I swung by earlier in the week. Good to see the Lexus staff have migrated to the new site so at least there will be some continuity. Will report back as I find.

Please do Brian as my car goes in for a service on Monday 

8 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Please do Brian as my car goes in for a service on Monday 

I've just collected the car and overall the experience was not too bad. Parking was not as easy as it was in Flemming Way but having arrived at around 8.30, I was able to pick from a couple of spots and in the event I parked about 2 spaces away from the front door. A little disjointed when I arrived and I sensed the staff might have been a little overwhelmed having to contend with 2 marques. The reception staff were looking a bit "homeless" but I was duly invited to take a seat in one of those god awful Lexus chairs that look like something out of a James Bond film, definitely more style than substance!

Upon collection, I settled up and the car that had been secreted somewhere was driven round for me to then head off into the wide grey yonder.

1 hour ago, Brian R said:

I've just collected the car and overall the experience was not too bad. Parking was not as easy as it was in Flemming Way but having arrived at around 8.30, I was able to pick from a couple of spots and in the event I parked about 2 spaces away from the front door. A little disjointed when I arrived and I sensed the staff might have been a little overwhelmed having to contend with 2 marques. The reception staff were looking a bit "homeless" but I was duly invited to take a seat in one of those god awful Lexus chairs that look like something out of a James Bond film, definitely more style than substance!

Upon collection, I settled up and the car that had been secreted somewhere was driven round for me to then head off into the wide grey yonder.

Thanks, Brian

my car has had to be rescheduled now for next Friday, noon 

• Like 1

I had my car serviced today at Lexus Gatwick and although the service was OK the car wash at the finish was dreadful so don't bother with that, plus I had to get various black marks off the seats so all in all for just under £300 not good just an oil change and filter and a stamp in the book 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links