Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Marshall group Lexus transfer of business

This is to let you all know that at the end of the month The Marshall group Lexus transfer of business will take place. Paul Dillon will no longer be the chief executive of Lexus 

the new owners will be the Steven Eagell Group

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Is this a good or bad thing for us? How so?
I really am in the doldrums when it comes to this soap operas in the high echelons of power

Personally, the Marshall group overall were poor, i found. As to the Steven Eagell Group performing better, only time will tell. 

My local dealer at Gatwick has some new staff that i've just been round to meet as I do from time to time as they are very local to me. so far not bad could be better. Typical sales staff, very friendly but the other staff a bit indifferent 

The inside opinion appears it to be a good thing. Marshall grouyp are part of a bigger organisation that have large stakes in Cinch or WBAC (?) and British Car Auctions. Lexus UK were not happy about newer stock appearing on non-dealer sites like Cinch. 

As Nick says - time will tell.

Steven Eagell only operates Lexus / Toyota dealerships, unlike operators such as the Marshall Group that cover multiple marques.

I think that's a better model than a dealership that may be BMW one month, Jaguar the next and then Lexus.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know that the transfer of business from Marshall franchises to  Steven Eagle Group has been completed. From tomorrow, you will now find that you will need to use the local Toyota dealers in many of the areas affected, as Lexus will have moved in

this in turn will make the sites extremely busy, and I will report back on how the Lexus part of this changeover is affected by customer service once I get to see for myself if any improvement has been made

For anyone in the Maidstone area the Lexus dealer has relocated to Canterbury Lexus (Toyota are across the road to share servicing) where I understand they are looking for a suitable bigger site for the Lexus brand possibly Ashford I am LED to believe.

1 hour ago, Duggie B said:

For anyone in the Maidstone area the Lexus dealer has relocated to Canterbury Lexus (Toyota are across the road to share servicing) where I understand they are looking for a suitable bigger site for the Lexus brand possibly Ashford I am led to believe.

Is Canterbury Toyota going to be transferred to Steven Eagell?

Maidstone Lexus had to move due to the workshop being shared with Marshall Hyundai, Maserati etc ....big clash of interests....the service manager and his assistant are going to Canterbury along with some sales personnel also one tech the rest of the Maidstone team (as I was informed by the service receptionist) are going to various Toyota sites until such time as a new bespoke Lexus dealership is up and running where all the team will be reunited, hopefully in time for next year when my F goes for service etc as the Canterbury site is a bit tight for parking.

Paul Dillon has now moved over to Volvo as a director from Lexus with the Marshall franchise. i think one of the main reasons for the overhaul of Lexus is that Marshall Motor Group is backed by the Constellation Automotive Group, the UK and Europe’s largest market-leading integrated digital car marketplace.

The Group operates some of the most well-known brands in the automotive industry including WeBuyAnyCar, BCA and cinch of which i think are bad players and no doubt Lexus think that also? 

• Like 2

Conformation for those in West Sussex for the transfer of business as i posted earlier above 

Lexus Gatwick

Important Customer Announcement

As a customer of Lexus Gatwick, we are writing to inform you that the Steven Eagell Group has acquired the Lexus franchise in Gatwick from the previous owner, Marshall Motor Group.

The Steven Eagell Group is the largest Lexus retailer in the UK, with 12 dealerships across the South East, East of England, West Midlands and now Gatwick.

We are recognised by Lexus UK for delivering outstanding levels of customer satisfaction. We strongly believe in a long-lasting relationship with our customers, and our primary objective is to provide complete customer satisfaction at every opportunity – whether purchasing a new car or simply requesting a replacement headlight bulb.

As part of the transition, we will be closing the current site and temporarily relocating to the Toyota Gatwick dealership at The Drive, Gatwick Rd, Crawley RH10 9AN. As a Lexus customer, we wanted to personally let you know and reassure you that we will continue to provide the same level of excellent service and take care of all your vehicle needs, including maintenance, new and used vehicle sales and financial services.

Further details regarding permanent relocation will be communicated nearer the time.

The Marshall Motor Group privacy policy enables the transfer of customer and vehicle data to Steven Eagell Ltd. This ensures we can continue to operate the franchise and communicate with you effectively. We are pleased to let you know that the integration of customer records has now been completed, so when you contact us, we will have all your information to hand and will quickly be able to meet any requirements you have.

At Steven Eagell Ltd we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide products and services. We will never sell your data on to third parties. Under the UK General Data Protection Regulations, we are required to inform you as to the lawful basis under which we process your personal data.

When we have a new product, service, offer or exciting event we’ll tell you about it by sending you personalised communications by email, phone, SMS or post. In most cases we rely on ‘legitimate interest’ as the legal basis upon which to process your personal data (full details of our lawful basis for processing are in our privacy policy which can be accessed at www.steveneagell.co.uk/privacy). We will also remind you when your service is due or other relevant products are due for renewal, as well as periodically inviting you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys. You can update your marketing preferences or opt out completely from receiving communications from Steven Eagell Ltd at any time, by visiting www.steveneagell.co.uk/opt-out.

Further information about how we process your data is provided in our privacy policy, or if you have any further questions regarding how we process your data, you can contact our Data Compliance Team at dpo@steveneagell.co.uk.

We anticipate you may have some questions regarding ongoing transactions, so to help, we have produced a summary of Frequently Asked Questions and contact details, covering:

• Future/existing service or MOT bookings
  • New/Used vehicle orders and deposits
  • Service plan transfers
  • Finance applications

The existing team from Lexus Gatwick will be moving to the new temporary location, enabling us to continue to provide a first-class service to all our customers.

The Lexus Gatwick team look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Steven Eagell

Chief Executive Officer

As to why this transition took place is anyone's guess, but from my own personal observations were that the Marshall group were never at a level that I personally required being from the old school 

only time will tell if the change over lives up to a more professional standard 

Further reading 

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/exclusive-constellation-forced-to-put-toyota-and-lexus-marshall-dealerships-up-for-sale/277398

Drove past the Gatwick site yesterday and could see the Lexus signage had been removed from the building. I assume the building is now closed and my forthcoming service/MOT will be at the Toyota dealership just down the road. Have to say the email I received this morning wasn't entirely clear as to when the move takes place but I guess it must have now happened.

A bit of a pain because the Toyota site is not an easy place to park, and especially given I think they may well keep my car for a few days.

2 hours ago, Brian R said:

Drove past the Gatwick site yesterday and could see the Lexus signage had been removed from the building. I assume the building is now closed and my forthcoming service/MOT will be at the Toyota dealership just down the road. Have to say the email I received this morning wasn't entirely clear as to when the move takes place but I guess it must have now happened.

A bit of a pain because the Toyota site is not an easy place to park, and especially given I think they may well keep my car for a few days.

The change over was last Monday the 3rd of July

there is no parking at all and is crammed full of cars, so you will need to park in the service bay only and although full you will need to take advice on the day 

Tim is the top mechanic over there, so try to get him to see to your car if possible. If you run into any trouble with the staff, then you will need to call Steven Eagle on 01908 248888 and put a complaint in

Thanks Nick but curiously earlier this morning I phoned Lexus Gatwick (at the original location) and having gone through the obligatory push button exercise I was put through to various numbers that were not answered! I then contacted Lexus direct and they said the original location was still operating and to take my car there. I'll be honest and say I was less than convinced the fellow knew the facts. Long story short, I've again asked by mail where I should take the car. Must say from what you said it rather sounds like the Toyota dealership, a place I really do not like visiting!

Sign of the times. All Dutch Lexus dealers are now operating from a Toyota dealership. Stand alone Lexus operations are too costly and a corner in a Toyota showroom is easy to find. Maybe thesame to happen in the UK?

At this time, to book a service you need to speak to Steven Eagle head office on 01908 248888 and ask for Joe (female) until further notice. as she and her team are dealing with all the service bookings 

On 7/8/2023 at 11:14 AM, dutchie01 said:

Sign of the times. All Dutch Lexus dealers are now operating from a Toyota dealership. Stand alone Lexus operations are too costly and a corner in a Toyota showroom is easy to find. Maybe thesame to happen in the UK?

What comes around, goes around. Lexus made Toyota dealers create separate operations in the 1990’s to create a difference. That helped stop Bracknell giving me the smallest base model Toyota loan car when my LS400 was being serviced.

Regarding Marshall’s I bought my LS430 in 2004 from their Cambridge site and they weren’t great then. I’ve used Milton Keynes (Steven Eagell) since 2015 for IS, GS and NX and they’ve been very good.

Is this specific to those two groups (i.e. Marshall and Eagle) or does affect the wider lexus dealerships? Ours up here is a vantage group lexus dealership for example.

Marshall Bristol's new dealership has been offloaded to Listers - had the email back in the week to confirm they had taken over.  As I understand it there was some level of unhappiness from Toyota over Constellation and their acquisition of Marshall (who in turn took over motorline) - not sure if that was due to the number of franchises held or other issues

1 hour ago, peniole said:

Is this specific to those two groups (i.e. Marshall and Eagle) or does affect the wider lexus dealerships? Ours up here is a vantage group lexus dealership for example.

This change of business only effects the Marshall group, who had purchased the Lexus franchise 2/3 years ago 

if you were with any other group like Lexus Guilford ( Inchcape) then nothing will have changed, and you will continue to be served by your local Lexus dealer

inchcape are by far the best to deal with and a trip to Guildford is a good option 

having said that, my car is due for a service next week at Toyota Gatwick, so will report back how this pans out later

the Lexus technical team there is very good, LED by Tim and providing he's around things should be OK 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links