Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto lights/wipers

I’ve tried to find out if the lights come on with the wipers. In all of my previous cars with dusk sensing lights and rain sending wipers it takes about four sweeps of the wipers to activate the automatic headlamps. They don’t seem to come on at all with the NX. Of course, I can switch them on manually (ah, the good old days…) but I’m wondering if I’m missing something…? 🤔

I think each works independently. Wipers are indeed rain sensing and will switch on in the auto setting but don't automatically turn on the headlamps at the same time. Headlamps will turn on automatically at dusk if set to do so.

• Thanks 1

There is a setting that changes the sensitivity and hence the point when the lights come on but mine is at the most sensitive and they still refuse to come on in heavy rain even when visibility is atrocious. I think this is one lexus have got wrong and should be addressed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lizard Lounger said:

Agreed, and I expect Lexus will eventually sort it. In the meantime, I guess we’ll occasionally have to go through the laborious process of switching on our own headlights….😱

And remembering to switch them off again!

• Like 1

I am looking forward to the full beam auto dip. Which I will not have the chance to use this time of year as most of my driving is urban. I have use it on someone else’s Range Rover and it work very well. The auto wiper does not seem to work as well as it did on my old 350. 

No issues here with the auto wiper but it does rain less south of the Channel 😉 
When you say auto dip high beams do you mean auto adaptive high beams ? The last are just great to use and other drivers did not complain about it (yet)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BillSt said:

In some countries such as Spain, it is required to have lights on if wipers are in use for rain.

Nothing stopping one from turning them on manually..

That said my Mercedes had the auto lights on with wipers, as it's a requirement in Germany.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2023 at 9:34 PM, BillSt said:

In some countries such as Spain, it is required to have lights on if wipers are in use for rain.

Goes for the whole EU; DRL is ONLY OK in clear dry daylight, rain,sno, fog etc etc requires rear lights too...( same with trailer connected..)

VW, Volvo MB ( et al.) all turn on rearlights + DRL or Dippedbeam and rearlights as soon as the rainsensor triggers the wipers  

Sweden was first with DRL ( and headlight wipers) back in 1976 (?) in 2010 EU join in on DRL...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links