Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone changed their Headlight lenses on IS250?

As title, they are for sale for about £105 a pair

I restore my headlights every year with the Meguiers restoration kit but they still go foggy after a while.

They also aren’t that great on the inside.

So has anyone replaced their headlight lenses?

These are the ones I found

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134628496918?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2c9iwa6hrr6&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=KXES22htS7K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Those aren't replacement lenses. They are covers for the lights to protect from stones etc - they may provide some protection from uv fogging but only if the lenses are in first class condition in the first place.

Sorry - you'll just have to keep on cleaning or replace the whole light units.

• Like 2

Replacement lenses as well exists, but the process is basically impossible. You have to hack trough epoxy glue that holds the lens and that is material that was designed to be as thought as possible... and then you would have to glue the lens back in place with same glue which again easier said than done. 

In short - if they are not cracked then simply polish them, or if they are really really bad, then you can as well replace them altogether.

As it happens forum member selling pair for £200... 

Just note - you will have to remove front bumper to replace them (either way, even if you get replacement lenses that would still be needed as there is no way you replacing them on the car)

• Like 1

They basically do - the solution is sanding the lenses and clear coating them. This is sort of permanent solution and in my experience lasts good 5 years (so more or less the same as original).

Or just polishing them, which is obviously quicker, cheaper and less involved process, but it gives back like 80% shine and last maybe 2 years. If good ceramic coating is used then maybe 3 years. 

I mean sure - neither is 100% like new headlight, but for sort of £50 to polish or £100 to sand/clear coat it get's 80-90% of the looks and 100% of performance back, so no real need to remanufacture anything. I doubt there would be huge market for remanufactured headlight for say £250 each (half the price of original). I certainly given the cost would rather polish mine every 2-3 years rather than spending £500 to have them looking slightly nicer for maybe 5.

If they were very faded, there is point by which they are too far gone to refurbish, but normally if they just started yellowing/fading then it should be good for many years. As well there is possibility that something is not done right. 

I just polish mine every time I polish the car and never have a problem with my lights

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links