Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My wife rattles!

I am the first to agree that my hate of rattles has gone to an obsession. I have a super smooth ES 300h. I spend my entire trips listening for the tiniest of rattles. When I'm on my own there are very few but when the wife's in the passenger seat it is endless. If it's not the squeaking of leather clothes it's rattling from her handbag or buckles and zips on her boots. Then it goes a stage further when she taps her nails on the door panel or starts chewing mints. She drives me up the wall with it, then she says swap it for a different car if you're not happy with it. I'm perfectly happy with the car, it's the wife I need to swap!  

• Haha 4

Very good Neil. It's made me properly chuckle, that...!

I do have one very minor ‘buzz’ sound which you can only hear at certain revs - which is coming from somewhere behind the centre of the dashboard - either behind the centre vents or the screen but it’s something I’ve just lived with. Fortunately, that’s about the only 'non-standard' sound it makes.

I can be a little picky who can be passengers in my car. I’m known at work as someone who likes a spotless car. I remember giving someone a lift home once and she knocked her shoes together as she got into the car and then when she got out, make an audible gasp and picked up a couple of stray stones which had found their way onto the passenger floor mat before wishing me a good evening and leaving!

I drove away thinking "Crikey, I'm not that bad, am I?!😳😄

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2023 at 10:09 PM, Gary H said:

Very good Neil. It's made me properly chuckle, that...!

I do have one very minor ‘buzz’ sound which you can only hear at certain revs - which is coming from somewhere behind the centre of the dashboard - either behind the centre vents or the screen but it’s something I’ve just lived with. Fortunately, that’s about the only 'non-standard' sound it makes.

I can be a little picky who can be passengers in my car. I’m known at work as someone who likes a spotless car. I remember giving someone a lift home once and she knocked her shoes together as she got into the car and then when she got out, make an audible gasp and picked up a couple of stray stones which had found their way onto the passenger floor mat before wishing me a good evening and leaving!

I drove away thinking "Crikey, I'm not that bad, am I?!😳😄

Is this rattle centred behind the steering wheel? Perhaps to do with the sun shade thingy over the instrument dials? Mine's driving me batty!

30/40 mph, bumpy roads = maximum annoyance!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links