Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price list for new cars in 2020

65mike

Hi all.

May seem a strange topic but here goes.

I am looking / thinking off replacing my is250 now seen the es300h and was looking for prices for 2020 year cars from new.

The reason this is I wanted to know what specs fell below the £40,000 pound limit as I do not intend to give DVLA anymore than I have too hence looking for a 2020 new car price list.

Can anyone advise me please or even better point me in the wright direction.

I have tried a search but did not seem to come up with anything.

Thanks.

65mike

59 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Thanks for the info but that only works if you own the car and have the logbook.

Nope works for any registration, eg MC23LLG, additional rate until 31st May 2029.

A random car from Auto Trader (not mine unfortunately).

16 hours ago, Spock66 said:

You can check from the vehicle registration on the DVLA website whether it falls into the £40k tax bracket, it will state Additional Rate Applicable until....

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

This website is also really useful, it lists the taxable rate and other useful bits. 
I use it when researching older cars for family and friends, especially the MOT history 

https://cartaxcheck.co.uk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dippo said:

I did a search (lexus price list 2020 pdf) and it came up with this. I've listed the search I used, because the website address doesn't seem very specific, but if it works then you won't need that.

https://forms.lexus.co.uk/EBrochures/Lexus_PriceList_e-brochure.pdf

Prices were slightly cheaper until April 2020 but only by around £50 so doesn't make a different to the £40k threshold as I don't think there was an option right on the limit.

16 hours ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

May seem a strange topic but here goes.

I am looking / thinking off replacing my is250 now seen the es300h and was looking for prices for 2020 year cars from new.

The reason this is I wanted to know what specs fell below the £40,000 pound limit as I do not intend to give DVLA anymore than I have too hence looking for a 2020 new car price list.

Can anyone advise me please or even better point me in the wright direction.

I have tried a search but did not seem to come up with anything.

Thanks.

65mike

I am really surprised that more people don't try to buy cars that are below £40,000 (for tax reasons).

I am also surprised that most manufacturers don't have loads of cars priced at £39,999.

People must have too much money 🙄😀😀

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

I am really surprised that more people don't try to buy cars that are below £40,000 (for tax reasons).

I am also surprised that most manufacturers don't have loads of cars priced at £39,999.

I understand your point however I wanted a Takumi so my 2020 attracted the extra VED although I paid less than 40k as it was second hand. At least the extra tax disappears after year 6 unlike some older larger engined models which are £600 plus a year for ever.
You could say I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t buy a Dacia Duster and save even more money!

As we are adding links time;

I always use this website when ordering my next company car, it even lets you search historic data on list price and options, so it may be helpful.

https://comcar.co.uk/companycar/tax/history/Lexus/ES/20

My 2022 f Sport was just below the 40k mark with a tech pack, but ended up being above it when it arrived due to a price increase. Luckily thats was a problem for Lex as the payments were already agreed.

Al

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scotlex said:

I was incredibly careful when I specced my UX back in 2020. I made sure it was just under the £40,000 mark. The Takumi spec was out of the question unfortunately, so in the end I plucked for an F-Sport with a few option packs (Tech & Safety, Premium Plus and Adventure Pro) which at the time brought it to £39,574. 😄 So I got it to as close as possible to being a Takumi in terms of spec without it actually being one for under that £40,000 price bracket.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:30 AM, Scotlex said:

It has always annoyed me that manufacturers give an official price knowing full well that this is rarely the price which customers actually pay. However taxes are based on this artificial price. Have the manufacturers done some sort of deal with HMRC? With the present gang  in Westminster who are blatantly lining their own pockets, this wouldn’t be a surprise.

9 minutes ago, DTR said:

Have the manufacturers done some sort of deal with HMRC? With the present gang  in Westminster who are blatantly lining their own pockets, this wouldn’t be a surprise.

It's been that way for 30+ years so nothing specific to the current government.

There has to be an official price list that must be used otherwise the system would be hugely inefficient in having to individually prove what you paid for a vehicle - and that itself would be open to abuse. You anger needs to be directed at the manufacturers that inflate their prices and then discount them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links