Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First year of owning an is250

Steven9233

So , had the car a year now , and I can honestly say I can’t think of a car I’d rather have , other than a LC500 or a new shape IS but sadly the IS  all seem to be hybrid which I just don’t want . She still looks good and gets comments more than any other car I’ve owned !! Maybe down to the colour I don’t know . But year in and still feels special IMG_6547.thumb.png.3966a0e4307cfe0dac42f7209723b887.pngIMG_6546.thumb.png.8a8b20aa82035300c91b6ef38075b0d7.pngIMG_4100.thumb.png.1af96f82a657457fac8cb5b53b9a1b63.png

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Steven9233 said:

So , had the car a year now , and I can honestly say I can’t think of a car I’d rather have , other than a LC500 or a new shape IS but sadly the IS  all seem to be hybrid which I just don’t want . She still looks good and gets comments more than any other car I’ve owned !! Maybe down to the colour I don’t know . But year in and still feels special IMG_6547.thumb.png.3966a0e4307cfe0dac42f7209723b887.pngIMG_6546.thumb.png.8a8b20aa82035300c91b6ef38075b0d7.pngIMG_4100.thumb.png.1af96f82a657457fac8cb5b53b9a1b63.png

Stunning car Steve 🙂  

• Like 1

The IS250 is real headache... if you ever need to replace it. I struggled for a while to find worthy upgrade, RC wasn't it (at least not 200t/300h, 350 would probably have done it for me), I guess GS450h mk4, but those are rare and keep values as well. Obviously IS250 mk3 exists, but I just see no reason of paying twice the price for what is fundamentally the same car. 

So indeed - enjoy it as much as you can as that is really good car. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes. A beautiful looking car Steve and those later headlights look superb. Just keep on looking after it. But please don't drive it like a pillock in showery rain conditions like I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had mine almost 2 years now and love her to bits. Put new struts all round and she drives like a new car and has now 90,000 miles on her. only let me down once and that was the alternator packed in but, this happens to younger cars. had a mate and his packed in on a 3 year old ford. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2023 at 5:46 AM, Steven9233 said:

Hey Steve - love it; recently bought a Silver IS250 would have loved the Burgundy - but were none around at the time. Where did you source the headlights - I have considered VLAND's but still not sure - think the black shaded lights look nice too....

Steve from Oz

Good morning , the headlights on my car are standard DRL and HID’s due the fact it’s a facelift run out model I believe they are on all 2012 model year .  The rears are Vland , the standard ones are nice and I was perfectly happy with them , but then I spotted another is250 with the Vlands on the rear and had to have them . 
Takes a bit of time to adjust to get a flawless fit but essentially they are plug and play . I sold my old pair (face lift type ) for nearly as much as the Vlands cost so I was quite happy . There are two types I think , mine are red version just a slight tint , full black tint are also available but they look a little too aftermarket and Halfords like for me (just my opinion ) although on a black is250 they would likely look lovely or possibly on that electric blue colour they do , Funny enough when I started looking for a is250 my first preference was silver one then the grey , my car is so immaculate with low miles I had to buy it , I’ve since fallen in love with the colour and the interior contrast , the red looks pretty standard burgundy until the sun comes out and it literally sparkles to life . 
If you want DRL type aftermarket’s Vland do them which look very similar , but no idea how good they actually are are for light output as they are LED type . No point having them coz they look nice if you can’t see where you’re going !  Others on here are bound to have them.

much as I love the car , I literally drive it once a week (for pleasure ) for a decent run as my commute is now by bike . To be honest I can barely justify having a car myself as the wife’s work horse is used for everything . It’s now on 52k be lucky if it sees 56 by spring . Really I should be driving a Honda jazz or something hideous although reliable as that . Take care 

In the rain you can see it looks normal burgundy compared to the photos I’ve uploaded in the sun , I need to sort my double garage out which has been robbed off me so I can get the car in with nothing else “just the car “ , currently full of kids junk and bikes etc . Need to invest in a decent sized shed shame not to use the garage for what it’s intended for . Get it out of this crap weather we are seeing down here at least IMG_7331.thumb.jpeg.d066cc618eff33e5fa5ee8a8a57a1327.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links