Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That's More Like It Before and After = 4 Hours

SH20

I do like a tidy engine bay, it must be said! A sign of a caring owner. Great work there, Steve!

Whilst I don't always clean the engine bay every time I wash my car, it certainly gets a once-over every month or so - just to keep on top of it. 

Pretty sure that looks like a Triumph maybe a TR model with it's  twin carbs.    Yes? No?  Good old Solvol Autosol, a great product for shiny bits.  Looks like you are detailing it in your kitchen Tony !!     You can see the laminate/wooden flooring. 

41 minutes ago, SH20 said:

The interior is where I need it to be now.

Front Interior.jpg

Rear Interior.jpg

Is it real leather in the premium pack? Or pretend like my premium, I’m wondering how mine will look in several months if not wiped properly every few weeks

Premium Pack spec  has natural leather and thankfully doesn't have that highly grained look which a lot of manufacturers go for.  

The Lexus ES Takumi goes one better and has semi aniline leather, super soft and only used on the top line models but I think all LS models have it as standard.   Never knew what semi aniline leather was until I asked and it turns out the pigment colour goes all the way through the hide from front to back whereas traditional  leather is effectively sprayed on the surface with limited penetration.  The advantage with synthetic leather is it resists creasing and doesn't really need feeding.  Much more robust in day to day use.  My second ES was a Premium Edition and it looked just the same to me.

So 3 days of cleaning have finished.  I can stop obsessing on how dirty it was.  

ES300  1.jpg

ES300  2.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, SH20 said:

The Lexus ES Takumi goes one better and has semi aniline leather, super soft and only used on the top line models but I think all LS models have it as standard.

Not these days, the base level LS just gets basic leather, although you can have optional l-aniline leather on the top end grade rather than semi-aniline (I assume L-aniline is still lightly lacquered as full aniline takes too much looking after and it's too rainy in the UK to avoid getting water marks on it). 

On 7/21/2023 at 6:43 PM, SH20 said:

Pretty sure that looks like a Triumph maybe a TR model with its  twin carbs.    Yes? No?  Good old Solvol Autosol, a great product for shiny bits.  Looks like you are detailing it in your kitchen Tony !!     You can see the laminate/wooden flooring. 

She is indeed a Triumph. A 67 TR4a, one of the last few made. I enjoy my ES for longer distances, and will be heading off to the Pyrenees again on Monday, but my TR always brings a smile to my face. She is such a ‘mildly modified’ joy to drive. Did 1000 miles in her over and around the Pyrenees a couple of years ago and she never missed a beat, though I do need to add a heat shield between the carbs and downpipes to maintain a steady tickover when hot. Taking her out on a local rally tomorrow morning.

As much as I’d like to bring Ludo into the kitchen, the photo was taken in the barn where I’ve installed pvc floor tiles. The ES is has her own covered parking but makes do with a gravel floor!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links