Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best paint protection.

Recently got a 7month old F Sport Design in Terrane Khaki. Previous motor was a 16 year old Rav4 we'd had from new. It was treated with Diamondbrite and never had to polish/wax it, always used their shampoo and conserver, it was still shiny and looked mint when it went.

Looking to having the UX treated, Does the modern ceramic/glass treatment that seems to be the norm nowadays have a decent life? Are there any particular makes recommended or to be avoided?

My IS had Gen3 Glasscoat. 8 years later it still looked shiny. Always used the Gen3 shampoo and two bucket method. 

Got Gen3 again on the UX. 

Wifes car has Diamondbrite but not had it long enough to compare yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bezzer said:

Does the modern ceramic/glass treatment that seems to be the norm nowadays have a decent life? Are there any particular makes recommended or to be avoided?

When I had my Lexus professionally detailed, it was with Modesta ceramic products.

They claim a finish with up to a ten year life.  But I guess that depends on usage and aftercare.

I’m certainly very happy with it.

http://www.modesta.co/

• Thanks 1

CeramicPro, Pyramid Car Care, Gyeon all do very good ceramic products

new craze at the moment is graphene though

Siramik does a full graphene coating. 

Usually lasts about 2-5 years dependent on coating. It does need looking after and sometimes top ups are required so there is a maintenance scheme you should follow. If its going to be taken into the local handwash or motorised car wash there is really no point

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

To round this off…spoke to local Lexus salesman, they did paint protection at around £400, he didn’t sound too keen on it and even told us what day to book it in as they had one good valeter and one not so good !!! Plus they did it outside in under a day, needless to say we passed.

Had to wait for 2 months as he’s that busy but it went in yesterday (Monday) to Mark at Detail Thugga, who is not too far away, for a proper full polish and ceramic coating session for 3 days.

God knows how shiney it will be, this is it after the first day, more to come apparently, other pics on his farcebook page.

IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

To round this off…spoke to local Lexus salesman, they did paint protection at around £400, he didn’t sound too keen on it and even told us what day to book it in as they had one good valeter and one not so good !!! Plus they did it outside in under a day, needless to say we passed.

Had to wait for 2 months as he’s that busy but it went in yesterday (Monday) to Mark at Detail Thugga, who is not too far away, for a proper full polish and ceramic coating session for 3 days.

God knows how shiney it will be, this is it after the first day, more to come apparently, other pics on his farcebook page.

IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

Impressive

Absolutely love that colour although my mrs has the green car thing and won’t entertain it.  Please don’t take this the wrong way because it’s only an advisory.   Lexus paint shouldn’t be polished because it has a self healing outer layer which shouldn’t be removed.   So any coatings need to be applied with minimal disturbance to the outer layer.  It look sensational in the photos.  

I know what you're saying but I trust the bloke (it's Carl not Mark as I said earlier) he does use a paint thickness meter before and during the job. My paint isn't that self healing anyway, there were several straight lines on the rear passenger door that you could only see at a certain angle, looked like someone had brushed past with a bag or something similar. Very faint certainly hadn't healed, would have noticed them straight away whenever they were done if they were any worse then healed a bit.

1 hour ago, Bezzer said:

I know what you're saying but I trust the bloke (it's Carl not Mark as I said earlier) he does use a paint thickness meter before and during the job. My paint isn't that self healing anyway, there were several straight lines on the rear passenger door that you could only see at a certain angle, looked like someone had brushed past with a bag or something similar. Very faint certainly hadn't healed, would have noticed them straight away whenever they were done if they were any worse then healed a bit.

You have got it but it won’t recover deep scratches, it does take the spider webs you can see in bright sun and it works better on hot days when the outer layer softens and it takes time too. I  I’ve got a pdf somewhere.   Your car looks amazing.  

Morning all!!!

Does anyone have any experience with local detailer (there are many on facebook) and they seem to charge in range of £200-£300). They all are mobile detailer and they seems to be using all the right products. Only concern I have is how the ceramic coating can be done in open air. I would assume proper detailing can be done in indoor only with very less dust.

Thank you,

Pavan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links