Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2000miles European road trip in a 6.5year old EV:)

ganzoom

How about Spain? ferry up north like A Coruna, then take it easy. San sebastian and especially Logrono deserve a sleep over. Food is the best you can get on this globe. Drive towards Barcelona and you will see nature around you change into bizarre Mars like views. If needed stay one night in Barcelona but better stay in the village of Sitges just South or LLafranc just north. Then head south towards Valencia, Then Madrid, Salamaca and back to the ferry in A Coruna. May or October is best dont go in July/August. Just and idea...

• Like 1

I saw a TV programme where they took a Kia  EV6 GT to Norway to test the charging availability and reliability. All of their EV charging power comes from hydro so true zero emissions environment. They drove the full length of Norway and couldn’t fault the infrastructure in any way and the scenery was spectacular. 

I remember reading a car magazine article a few years ago, when they opened a stretch of motorway which allowed you to drive all the way to southern Italy by motorway. They did the road trip in 2 BMW 7 series cars - plus another BMW with a boot full of spares! Which they DID use! Can't imagine a Lexus needing spares!

I had a month driving all over and around Italy top to bottom and around and back again and tried to avoid motorways wherever possible

They had the worst condition motorways I’d ever experienced ….. dreadful useless road condition …..

Did 4k miles over the month …… just chased thru France tbh ….. my target was a month traversing Italy ….. 2018 it might have been 🤔

Quite a magical wonderful experience ….. my Ls400 is a wonderful steed 👌

The prior ??? year I had a month 4k miles travelling the length and breadth Top to Toe of Spain and Portugal 

Beautiful Salamanca ….. imagined Wellington chasing Bonaparte all over the vista 😄 

Must try to get back into that holidaying mode ….. avoiding the dreadful heat of course 

Malc 

In April next year I set off on a roadtrip to southern Spain via France and Portugal.

Nine days to reach Andalucia, a month in a rented place, then an eight day return drive.

3300ish miles. Hope the wife likes the private covered heated pool with views over to Gibraltar.

Covered heated private pool and sun terrace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

In the UK one is advised in the Highway Code not to park during the day facing against the traffic flow …. &c.

I find it admirable that the U.K. Highway Code should recommend rather than regulate against day-time parking against the traffic flow.  The U.K. is probably not alone in allowing its citizens to exercise some measure of common sense, but comparisons are academic. 

That you are unlikely to find a busy street anywhere in Italy (and not only Italy) without several vehicles parked against the traffic flow has less to do with indiscipline or any lack of common sense than with physical circumstances.  

Only last week I was in an area of Milan consisting of narrow two-way streets lined with parked cars on both sides.  After driving around for quite a while looking for a spot to park I suddenly saw one on the other side of the street.  I quickly crossed over and took it, naturally after signalling my intent.  And I must admit I was rather proud of myself for having made what was unquestionably a very nifty move.  The thought of blocking the traffic in an entire neighbourhood by attempting a series of three-point wriggles with the aim of reversing into the space with my nose pointing in the  right direction would have been totally ridiculous.

Of course, I could have decided to not take the spot and thus continue driving around getting more and more desperate.  Whether this would have made me feel like a solid citizen rather than an idiot is a question to which I already know the answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links