Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beware. ES recall.

cdmaskell

Had the recent recall done on Tuesday.  Took about 2hrs.  On return all of my settings, audio, climate, display screens etc.had changed. Deep grief for a technophobe like me. Managed to reset a few, but others didn’t want to play.  Took back to dealership. They eventually reset them. Took there time mind.  Yes I am an old git but ye gods the amount of scrolling and back and forwards is well beyond me.  Unfortunately my 15 year grandson is on holiday!

15 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

Had the recent recall done on Tuesday.  Took about 2hrs.  On return all of my settings, audio, climate, display screens etc.had changed. Deep grief for a technophobe like me. Managed to reset a few, but others didn’t want to play.  Took back to dealership. They eventually reset them. Took there time mind.  Yes I am an old git but ye gods the amount of scrolling and back and forwards is well beyond me.  Unfortunately my 15 year grandson is on holiday!

What is this recall regarding? Which model year is it affecting?

Thanks

—E

2 hours ago, e-yes said:

What is this recall regarding? Which model year is it affecting?

Thanks

—E

It is to do with the Data Communication Module which affects Emergency call back, location data etc. Seems to be 22 on, but could be by individual build batches.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Presumably different vendor DCM modules were used on the line.

Unlikely as they rarely mix and match sub-assembly manufacturers in that way. Just a manufacturing batch issue inside the OEM I'd imagine.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Unlikely as they rarely mix and match sub-assembly manufacturers in that way. Just a manufacturing batch issue inside the OEM I'd imagine.

Only Toyota know the policy here, since Convid parts are in short supply. A manufacturing company I do some consultancy for have a dual sourcing policy for some mission critical components...

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links