Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It’s arrived

kevtoon2905

After my second attempt of buying an Lexus ES premium addition (2022 - 6 months of waiting with no built date, end up cancelling) now after an order in April - it arrived 8th august. Was out the country and missed the calls/emails to say it was ready….just a 400 mile flight and to sell my old 3 series!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kevtoon2905 said:

After my second attempt of buying an Lexus ES premium addition (2022 - 6 months of waiting with no built date, end up cancelling) now after an order in April - it arrived 8th august. Was out the country and missed the calls/emails to say it was ready….just a 400 mile flight and to sell my old 3 series!!

Congratulations Kevin!

There’ll be quite a few ES enthusiasts here eager to know what you think of it.  Sounds like the story of your ordering was something of a saga.  Hopefully, your collection went smoothly and you’re now enjoying your new Lexus.

Photographs are always well received.  😊

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LenT said:

Congratulations Kevin!

There’ll be quite a few ES enthusiasts here eager to know what you think of it.  Sounds like the story of your ordering was something of a saga.  Hopefully, your collection went smoothly and you’re now enjoying your new Lexus.

Ive just reviewed the finance quote, which add's £2k to my deposit. 

During my initial order, this was made of a £2k deposit contribution by Lexus....my concern now, that deal wont be available.

Any thoughts? I'll be abit miffed if thats the case after nearly 2 years of waiting for the car. This is the first time Ive utilised PCP....

1 hour ago, kevtoon2905 said:

During my initial order, this was made of a £2k deposit contribution by Lexus....my concern now, that deal wont be available.

Any thoughts? I'll be abit miffed if thats the case after nearly 2 years of waiting for the car. This is the first time Ive utilised PCP....

This is not something I’ve ever used, Kevin, but I’m sure someone will come along with some definitive advice.

Having said that….my thoughts would be that the £2K initial deposit contribution formed part of the original Contract offer by Lexus and was a factor in persuading you to proceed with the purchase.

Unless the Contract Offer was time limited or didn’t apply to the second car - after all, you cancelled the first car because you felt the delay was unacceptable - then I would have thought it should still apply.

In that case I see no reason why you should not simply contact Lexus to confirm that it still applies.  You could make the point that the second car was delivered in only four months from the initial Order whereas there was not even a fulfilment date for the original Order.

But first I would scrutinise the Order for the second car to see what conditions have been applied.  It might well be regarded as a new Contract and there may be no mention of an Offer.  In which case, if this wasn’t made clear at the time, then you might point that out and suggest that you therefore had no reason to suppose that the original Contract conditions didn’t still apply.

As I say, hopefully someone who has been through this with Lexus might come up with better advice!  In the meantime, not knowing how familiar you are with the detail of PCP, as it’s your first experience, I thought this article from Experian might be useful.

https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/car-finance/guides/personal-contract-purchase.html

10 hours ago, kevtoon2905 said:

Is the finance quote for the current vehicle, or for the order you cancelled? I'm not an expert, but I would say that if you cancel an order, then all the terms relating to that order are cancelled with it. When you ordered the current vehicle, did the finance deal offer the deposit contribution?

9 hours ago, LenT said:

This is not something I’ve ever used, Kevin, but I’m sure someone will come along with some definitive advice.

Having said that….my thoughts would be that the £2K initial deposit contribution formed part of the original Contract offer by Lexus and was a factor in persuading you to proceed with the purchase.

Unless the Contract Offer was time limited or didn’t apply to the second car - after all, you cancelled the first car because you felt the delay was unacceptable - then I would have thought it should still apply.

In that case I see no reason why you should not simply contact Lexus to confirm that it still applies.  You could make the point that the second car was delivered in only four months from the initial Order whereas there was not even a fulfilment date for the original Order.

But first I would scrutinise the Order for the second car to see what conditions have been applied.  It might well be regarded as a new Contract and there may be no mention of an Offer.  In which case, if this wasn’t made clear at the time, then you might point that out and suggest that you therefore had no reason to suppose that the original Contract conditions didn’t still apply.

As I say, hopefully someone who has been through this with Lexus might come up with better advice!  In the meantime, not knowing how familiar you are with the detail of PCP, as it’s your first experience, I thought this article from Experian might be useful.

https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/car-finance/guides/personal-contract-purchase.html

Thanks for the info. Dealer confirmed the 2k from Lexus is still a thing for my order.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Is the finance quote for the current vehicle, or for the order you cancelled? I'm not an expert, but I would say that if you cancel an order, then all the terms relating to that order are cancelled with it. When you ordered the current vehicle, did the finance deal offer the deposit contribution?

Yeah the deal was for the second car (they were from two different dealers)

they confirmed the 2k from Lexus was still a thing.

finance signed, now I wait for a collection day….

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 3:57 AM, LenT said:

Congratulations Kevin!

Len, 

Made a round trip from London to Glasgow to visit family about 3 weeks ago, and normally my wife hates the journey and i have to force here her to travel up there. Too my surprise she said this time "That journey wasn't to bad".

That alone speaks volumes about the ride and comfort of the cabin. And my previous vehicle was an Audi A6. So for Comfort,Ride and a nice steady drive the Lexus all the way. But if you want feedback and response from your driving experience, then go for one of the German brands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kam said:

So for Comfort,Ride and a nice steady drive the Lexus all the way.

These days that suits me just fine, Kam.

In any case, MrsT is apt to keep telling me to slow down - and that’s just in our Drive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Might be just my impatience, last got an email from dealer on Friday (25th aug) to say they were waiting on a part that’s in bank order (odd for a new car) and “should be ready” Wednesday 30th. 

well, No comms from the dealer and it’s now the 30th…I don’t want to be “that guy” cos of the bank holiday, but having to travel 400 miles to collect (he’s aware) means it’s not as easy to just “pop in”

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 11:06 PM, kevtoon2905 said:

My ES took 18 months to arrive (in June 23) and both the list price and interest rate on the finance increased in the meantime. To their credit the dealership honoured the original deal to the letter including the various incentives so, if my experience is typical, you don’t have to worry.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Baggers said:

My ES took 18 months to arrive (in June 23) and both the list price and interest rate on the finance increased in the meantime. To their credit the dealership honoured the original deal to the letter including the various incentives so, if my experience is typical, you don’t have to worry.

18 months wait? 
 I collected my new one also in June (premium spec) after just under 4 months. Is yours a Takumi? I know they had long delays on the ML audio chips

20 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I think they are lovely looking cars. They appear much bigger in the flesh.

It’s a big car, however not had an issues with that fact tbh….sticks out abit in car parking spaces but that’s to be expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevtoon2905 said:

It’s a big car, however not had an issues with that fact tbh….sticks out abit in car parking spaces but that’s to be expected.

It's when you come to navigate and park in a multi story car park that it becomes problematic. I've stopped trying.

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

It's when you come to navigate and park in a multi story car park that it becomes problematic. I've stopped trying.

I've kept well away from multi storeys after kerbing the alloys on my IS300h in Peterborough's Queensgate car park. I can't imagine taking Betsy into a multi storey - I have a feeling it wouldn't end well. We park in nice end spaces in normal car parks, well away from the hoi polloi. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 12:57 PM, beyond the blue said:

Tbh - I’ve had no issues the multistory car at my work….and it’s pretty old one designed for smaller cars. Parking sensors go abit crazy but had no jssue

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links