Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link so called +

Used the app and it now requires an update. You would expect the update to be an improvement. It isn’t. 
They promised ‘Send to Car’ would be in it - I can’t find it. Also see below regards the charging map  

The previous version had a refresh icon in the Battery status section whereby you could force the app to refresh - it was mostly out of date until you did that. That’s been removed. 

Find my car seems to be in the map section along with the useless charger locations.  It is perverse that in the charging location when you select ‘navigate to’ it offers apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze not the incar Lexus one  If you select Google then you don’t get the nav in the HUD but you do get it in apple Maps. Google Maps satellite looks excellent, Maps doesn’t display satellite and the resolution is awful.  

Strangely, in notifications I have those from the wife’s Yaris and none from the RZ. 
As is the norm for Lexus at this time, the update isn’t really an update and is very poor compared to the apps from the likes of Merc & BMW 

42 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

Used the app and it now requires an update. You would expect the update to be an improvement. It isn’t. 
They promised ‘Send to Car’ would be in it - I can’t find it. Also see below regards the charging map  

The previous version had a refresh icon in the battery status section whereby you could force the app to refresh - it was mostly out of date until you did that. That’s been removed. 

Find my car seems to be in the map section along with the useless charger locations.  It is perverse that in the charging location when you select ‘navigate to’ it offers Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze not the incar Lexus one  If you select Google then you don’t get the nav in the HUD but you do get it in Apple Maps. Google Maps satellite looks excellent, Maps doesn’t display satellite and the resolution is awful.  

Strangely, in notifications I have those from the wife’s Yaris and none from the RZ. 
As is the norm for Lexus at this time, the update isn’t really an update and is very poor compared to the apps from the likes of Merc & BMW 

No update for my app yet Bob. Still the same useless app it has always been. It beggars belief that Toyota/Lexus cannot get a basic thing such as this to work.  We can all live in hope they will provide a descent app one day but I won't hold my breath.

4 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

What app version are you using? (Apple or Android?)

My iOS app is currently version is 4.18.1 (512) - Seems to do what I expect in a clunky way. But all I expect it so see charge status and range/battery %

I'm Android version 4.18.0 updated on 14 July.It says this update includes "plan your journey" and "send to car" but it doesn't

43 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Just noticed mine is LexusLink not the + version.

What's the difference

So was mine! I've just installed the + version. I was wondering if there was a different version because someone the other day posted saying that they could see the doors were all unlocked through the app. It pretty much looks the same, but I think it's crucial to have the "+" version. I'm very much like a 1980's sales rep who had to have the fuel injected version of the Vauxhall Cavalier - the "i" was for "important" after all.... 😉

I understand it better now. 
I definitely can’t find send to car. I suppose they are thinking if you want this then use Google Maps or apple Maps. 
To update the charge state you slide down as other apps. Initially it looks like the app has crashed as the screen goes black and a spinning cog (in IOS) appears. Leave it and then the screen is updated. There is a bit of a lag but not too much. 
Car location is now in the Map. As I said above, it is perverse that when you select navigate to a charger you are offered Google, apple Maps & Waze. It may not VE a coincidence that you are offered the same options in Zap Map. 

The car status is a bit more detailed as it reports open windows - handy in the rain but my previous Mercs automatically closed the sunroof and windows if the car was locked and it started raining. 

So, in my view, very little improvement and they should have spent the time implementing the Remote Park app available elsewhere and not banned in the UK. 

John - I’ve just noticed that the Link+ main screen reports the range for full a/c whereas the previous one reported the range without. Let’s hope that is because the Sept update will considerably narrow the gap between with and without a/c. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Just tried to use it and had to log in again. Car status is no longer available. 
This is far less stable than the previous version 

This morning I went to a Pod Point charger and the app was showing 46% charge. After 2 hours of charging it was still showing 46% although the range had increased in the car. Now, some hours later it is still on 46%.  Not looking good is it?

John - I found you have to refresh it a few times. I do this by going into the range screen and sliding down a few times and then return to the Home Screen and slide down again. 
Have you got anything in the Status screen. I just have a message saying no data received. It worked when I first used it.
I never understand why IT gurus insist on so called upgrades that bring nothing new and are far more unstable than what they replace. 

10 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

John - I found you have to refresh it a few times. I do this by going into the range screen and sliding down a few times and then return to the Home Screen and slide down again. 
Have you got anything in the Status screen. I just have a message saying no data received. It worked when I first used it.
I never understand why IT gurus insist on so called upgrades that bring nothing new and are far more unstable than what they replace. 

Bob, I did refresh it a number of times and it was showing 46% until about 10pm last night when it suddenly updated and also showed the actual location of the car. Just a glitch but something that shouldn't really happen. This app is so behind the competition it is embarrassing.

John. Just sent an email complaining - typical, the address is Toyota. I’ll receive some generic response ….. we are working hard …..

The main functionality you need on an EV app is it reports if the car is charging, what the range currently is and how long to complete. Really basic. 
I collected my car after the flat Battery. They said they didn’t find anything draining the Battery but had no answer when I asked what fault codes were seen after the car refusing to open and my Tracker app reporting the Battery at 8v - this after the car being in for diagnostics. I showed them the AA report. They couldn’t say. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

John. Just sent an email complaining - typical, the address is Toyota. I’ll receive some generic response ….. we are working hard …..

The main functionality you need on an EV app is it reports if the car is charging, what the range currently is and how long to complete. Really basic. 
I collected my car after the flat battery. They said they didn’t find anything draining the battery but had no answer when I asked what fault codes were seen after the car refusing to open and my Tracker app reporting the battery at 8v - this after the car being in for diagnostics. I showed them the AA report. They couldn’t say. 

Lets hope you get some meaningful response from Toyota/Lexus.

The Battery is a puzzle and I am surprised they couldn't give any answers. Keep you fingers crossed it doesn't happen again  

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Lets hope you get some meaningful response from Toyota/Lexus.

The battery is a puzzle and I am surprised they couldn't give any answers. Keep you fingers crossed it doesn't happen again  

Blimey John. Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't happen again...! IT IS A LEXUS...!!!

Luckily I can see if it getting low by my Tracker app. Shouldn’t have to but I really didn’t want the ES curtesy car for 3 weeks until the AC bit arrives. 
when I drove away in the ES I thought the handbrake was still on ! 

Mu app is taking at least a day to update despite refreshing the screen. It is still showing the charge level from yesterday morning of 38% even though the car was charged yesterday and is currently on around 80%.  More annoyingly, it has been showing the car as unlocked since yesterday morning although the car is currently locked in my garage. These might be "teething problems" but it is still disappointing Lexus issue an app with these issues.

My wife’s Yaris uses My Toyota which looks very similar, except it has send destinations, and has been totally stable and reliable from day 1 of its release (it replaced My T). Why they couldn’t just add to that for the RZ heavens only knows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links