Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mounting issues with the Celsior.

Having a few issues with the Celsior recently.

First problem was the button illumination only working intermittently, a bit of research suggested the passenger side fuse box ( with a PCB inside) was the likely culprit.

Managed to find one but you need a child’s hands to get in there to remove it so mission postponed.

Second problem appeared a week ago when having been stuck in traffic for several hours due to the closure of the M1 I realised that the car would not hold on a hill in Drive, it began to roll back. Shifting from D to N then back to D it then held.

Further investigation showed this only happened when the transmission was hot.

Hopefully a couple of drains and refills of Toyota WS will sort it.

Finally today during a visit to the local butchers I reverse parked the car and no reverse sensors bleep, nothing has been done to the car since it was last put away in the garage when they were working.

Good job I’ve retired!

• Like 1

hahahahaha maybe the fallacy of thinking a Celsior 430 could be better than your old,  a Ls400 😉

I'm sure a little tlc and your breadth of knowledge will overcome these " tiny " issues .......  after all, your car isn't yet 20 years young 🙄

Malc

• Like 1

I know, having driven the old one for 16 years I just needed a change.

I still don’t know what has happened to it, last time I checked the MOT had expired.

Took a look in the boot and found the aftermarket reverse sensor unit which of course is partially obstructed by the trim. Looks like a 12 Volt supply which should be supplied when reverse is selected, a ground wire firmly attached to the parking assist ECU metal casing and a twin wire presumably to the bleeper.

Multimeter out tomorrow weather permitting.

• Like 2

Ah Steve, your car is just keeping you entertained. I just tell myself it's all part of the cars ever developing character when these idiosyncrasies arise. Currently my drivers mirror pretty much always resets itself to a slightly different position to the one I've saved. Then once in a blue moon it twists itself up into an unnatural position for no apparent reason? I quite like it, cant say why, but it makes me smile 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 4:09 PM, Malc1 said:

hahahahaha maybe the fallacy of thinking a Celsior 430 could be better than your old,  a Ls400 😉

I'm sure a little tlc and your breadth of knowledge will overcome these " tiny " issues .......  after all, your car isn't yet 20 years young 🙄

Malc

Well I'm glad your opening line was sympathetic! The things Steve mentioned are minor, and being the person who sold him the Celsior I know for certain that the car is basically excellent. And if you read this Steve, I wouldn't bother draining the trans fluid, I know shortly before you bought it the colour and smell of the fluid was as it should be, unless of course the transmission is playing up when driving, which I doubt. 

• Like 1

No complaints from me Phil it still purrs like a kitten.

Already sorted the reversing sensors, the power is taken from the reversing lights so the wire was taken from the boot Iid into the boot, although well protected encased inside a plastic shroud ) it had broken. Soldered and heat shrink. Conclusion too many trips to the recycling centre.

Noticed last night transmission still letting car roll back in drive on a slope, got some WS on order so going to do the drain and refill. Already have a IR thermometer for the fluid temperature check.

Just my luck already had 5 litres of Type IV in the garage.

Interior button lights …..they can wait 😀

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links