Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport Design - No keyless entry !!

Hi all,

We picked up a brand new F Sport Design today for my wife and we’re very surprised to find out there is no keyless entry ! This is our fourth Lexus over 10 years and got used to just grabbing the door handle to open the door. She’s not happy having to dig out the remote control from her handbag to open the car. I suppose we should have checked but we just assumed it would have it, after all we can open it with our phone. 😢

• Sad 2

Yes theres no keyless entry for F sport design. Its standard on higher trims/ models and optional premium plus pack on base model. 
But cars with keyless entry are easily get stolen or cloned than non key less entry cars. IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey B said:

I'm surprised, but looking at the spec sheet its the only model where it isn't even available as an option - I thought it was a pretty standard item on Lexus

It's just an appearance package with a few extra bits on top of the base package.

It's not an F Sport so has keyless entry missing amongst a few other bits 

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

It's just an appearance package with a few extra bits on top of the base package.

Its available as part of an option pack on the base model.  Strangely on the F Sport design you cant even add it.  

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mikey B said:

Its available as part of an option pack on the base model.  Strangely on the F Sport design you cant even add it.  

Thats probably because they don't want an F Sport design essentially becoming an F Sport that's cheaper to purchase maybe?

On 9/8/2023 at 10:51 PM, rayaans said:

Not quite, the Design is £2000 more than a base, but has the full Premium Pack and 18” wheels, BlindSpot Monitor,  Tahara “leather” and Rear Cross Traffic Alert which is a £3800 package for a base UX. A no brainer if you wanted a Premium Pack (£2000) for your standard UX.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

Not quite, the Design is £2000 more than a base, but has the full Premium Pack and 18” wheels, BlindSpot Monitor,  Tahara “leather” and Rear Cross Traffic Alert which is a £3800 package for a base UX. A no brainer if you wanted a Premium Pack (£2000) for your standard UX.

Well yes, I gathered that

But it also doesnt appear to have the 10 speaker sound system, the electric tailgate, puddle lights, Lexus Link pro..... So its missing some items from even the base UX

The Lexus specifications are a bit complex and unusual. 

55 minutes ago, rayaans said:

So its missing some items from even the base UX

It's not missing anything from the base model - 10 speaker audio, electric tailgate, Lexus Link Pro are all Premium Pack Plus items.

F Sport Design is essentially a UX with a Premium Pack and the 18" wheels, Tahara, BSM and RCTA options with some F Sport styling but in a special edition way nothing is configurable so you cannot upgrade to the 10 speaker stereo, leather, etc. The only choice you have is interior and exterior colour.

I thought all Lexus cars came with it but sadly I’m wrong. Yes it means it can be stolen with a relat attack but it looks like the can attack is becoming more popular !! And yes I could use the phone but that’s slow.

I just find it strange I can remote control the ac, hazards and lock/unlock the doors with a phone but not keyless. She who must be obeyed will just have to get used to it lol.

27 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It's not missing anything from the base model - 10 speaker audio, electric tailgate, Lexus Link Pro are all Premium Pack Plus items.

F Sport Design is essentially a UX with a Premium Pack and the 18" wheels, Tahara, BSM and RCTA options with some F Sport styling but in a special edition way nothing is configurable so you cannot upgrade to the 10 speaker stereo, leather, etc. The only choice you have is interior and exterior colour.

Showing as standard fit items on the comparison tool on the website on the base model but not on the F Sport design

It's been wrong before though which adds again to the confusion

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links