Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Body coloured wheel arch trim

One of the reasons I got a dark coloured UX is I don’t like the black plastic trim round the wheel arches. I note the facelift UX had body coloured trims which I prefer. I know others prefer the black. Each to their own, but I have noticed some pre facelift models have the body coloured trim as well. They must be pre facelift as they have the remote touch interface for the screen not the updated touch screen. 
Were body coloured trims standard or an option on the pre facelift model at some point? Is there a pattern for which have them and which not? This only seems to apply to the petrol UX not the electric which all seem to have black trims on the pre facelift model. 
Thanks

Paul

All ux with the dated trackpad have like mine have the black plastic trim. The logic here is to protect these areas from stone chips. Those with the touch screen models from 23 onwards don't have the black trim nor the wording down the side of the car hybrid.

7 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

All ux with the dated trackpad have like mine have the black plastic trim. The logic here is to protect these areas from stone chips. Those with the touch screen models from 23 onwards don't have the black trim nor the wording down the side of the car hybrid.

I have seen a pre-facelift UX with body coloured wheel arches too.  It was a bronze/orange colour, not sure of the actual name.  The base facelift and F Sport Design still have the black wheel arches too.

2 hours ago, stepppy said:

I have seen a pre-facelift UX with body coloured wheel arches too It was a bronze/orange colour, not sure of the actual name.  The base facelift and F Sport Design still have the black wheel arches too.

Yep I have seen pre facelift blue ones as well with coloured arches before now. My FSport Design has the plastic arches as said.

I think the pre facelift UX hybrid F Sport (not the F Sport Design) and Takumi trims had body coloured wheel arches. The UX electric has black plastic wheel arches, whether it's the pre 2023 long range model or not. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chris   

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Chris UXe said:

I think the pre facelift UX hybrid F Sport (not the F Sport Design) and Takumi trims had body coloured wheel arches. The UX electric has black plastic wheel arches, whether it's the pre 2023 long range model or not. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chris   

Nope, neither the Takumi nor F-Sport pre facelift had the colour coding as standard they were black plastic. The F-Sport Design is a new facelift model and has plastic, it took over from the Premium Sport which again was plastic.

34 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

Nope, neither the Takumi nor F-Sport pre facelift had the colour coding as standard they were black plastic. The F-Sport Design is a new facelift model and has plastic, it took over from the Premium Sport which again was plastic.

Here you go, pre-facelift F-Sport with Premium Plus package. The one I saw was an F-Sport too.

image.thumb.jpeg.878bcf8bb5e990116fb85a6278df3915.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6f150642c4858263d3f6e7890c6dd5d2.jpeg

• Like 1

Autotrader shows 4 pre facelift 2022 year Takumi hybrids with the older style infotainment screen and all have body coloured wheel arches as have quite a few F- Sport models of the same year, again pre facelift. These are links to just 2 of them. I think there were some small changes to the specification for 2022 which included coloured wheel arches for these trims.

2022 Green Lexus UX 250h 2.0 Takumi E-CVT Euro 6 (s/s) 5dr for sale for £36,995 in Ipswich, Suffolk (autotrader.co.uk)

2022 Grey Lexus UX Hatchback 250h 2.0 F-Sport 5dr CVT [Premium Plus/Sunroof] for sale for £34,021 in Guildford, Surrey (autotrader.co.uk)

• Like 1

I have a 2022 pre facelift UX Takumi and it certainly has the body coloured wheel arches. if I remember correctly it was a bit of a pre facelift upgrade just before I ordered mine in Jan 2022.

I never did like the black ones, thought they didn't do justice to a premium car.

Bill D.

• Like 3

Personally speaking, I preferred the black/unpainted arch trims over the painted ones but indeed, each to their own. I think the painted ones detract a little from the design and makes it look a little more 'slab sided' in my view. 

The only worry I had when I had my UX was the black plastic fading but I have to say after three and a half years of ownership, they still looked pretty much as good as new. Obviously how they'll look after a decade has yet to be seen but they do appear do be of high quality plastic that, so far at least, seems good at resistance to fading. 

31 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Personally speaking, I preferred the black/unpainted arch trims over the painted ones but indeed, each to their own. I think the painted ones detract a little from the design and makes it look a little more 'slab sided' in my view. 

The only worry I had when I had my UX was the black plastic fading but I have to say after three and a half years of ownership, they still looked pretty much as good as new. Obviously how they'll look after a decade has yet to be seen but they do appear do be of high quality plastic that, so far at least, seems good at resistance to fading. 

I go with you, Gary. The roads where I live are not that great and any type of painted arch would get chipped and look a mess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Keep this in mind for a decade from now.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Govanguy said:

Keep this in mind for a decade from now.....

I'd advise using this. Meguiar's black plastic restorer. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G15812EU-Ultimate-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B0044090GC

Works like a charm. Don't over polish it. Wipe it on and just leave it. Comes up like new!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links