Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

16 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Was only to get a posing picture. Not really interested in Biarritz per se. Prefer the backwater places

Best to get to Spain ASAP and stay there. Everything is much cheaper than France and just as nice if not better.

38 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

But only in the sunshine and if you’re wealthy …… was there a few years back 🤔

Malc 

I am trying to tickle out the implied meaning. Is that a few years back you were wealthy, but life's tribulations sent you to Waitrose with a 3 legged dog and a bowl?

2 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

but life's tribulations sent you to Waitrose with a 3 legged dog and a bowl?

I have a reserved spot for me and Kevin ( the Whippet ) outside Asda but it gets a bit nippy on that windy corner. Good earnings though, loads  more dosh than the pension.

Just maybe make sure you’re getting the correct France road and town peage tickets whatever 

There's posts somewhere on this forum about that 

Malc 

5 minutes ago, GMB said:

I have a reserved spot for me and Kevin ( the Whippet ) outside Asda but it gets a bit nippy on that windy corner. Good earnings though, loads  more dosh than the pension.

There is a moral here somewhere. If you have a whippet go to Asda, if you have a Red Setter go to Waitrose?

I guess the bowls are a bit different as well. Delft for Waitrose and battered WW1 metal field kit for Asda.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I am trying to tickle out the implied meaning. Is that a few years back you were wealthy, but life's tribulations sent you to Waitrose with a 3 legged dog and a bowl?

Comparatively, I’ve never been so well off financially as I am today …..  notwithstanding two divorces and lots of kids 😂

You can tell I’m rich beyond words….. I have TWO 4ltr V8 Lexuses  🥳

nope, way back when I was passing thru Biarritz it just oozed wealth and expensive lifestyles and people with far more than I would ever have, or even aspire to OR even want to aspire to ……. BUT some of it, the buildings were from a “ past age “ of Maurice Chevalier ilk 

Nice seafront I thought ! 

Malc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Comparatively, I’ve never been so well off financially as I am today …..  notwithstanding two divorces and lots of kids 😂

You can tell I’m rich beyond words….. I have TWO 4ltr V8 Lexuses  🥳

nope, way back when I was passing thru Biarritz it just oozed wealth and expensive lifestyles and people with far more than I would ever have, or even aspire to OR even want to aspire to ……. BUT some of it, the buildings were from a “ past age “ of Maurice Chevalier ilk 

Nice seafront I thought ! 

Malc 

I do know exactly what you mean.

Not been back to Biarritz since my Rugby touring days, but I recall it was quite 'special'.

40 minutes ago, GMB said:

Best to get to Spain ASAP and stay there. Everything is much cheaper than France and just as nice if not better.

I have a funny story while travelling in France on the way back from Italy. I set the sat nav for Luxembourg to get cheap fuel but forgot I had set the sat nav for just France. I ended up in the middle of nowhere in a small Hamlet called Luxembourg with very little fuel left. I was then panicking on a Sunday to find fuel.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Depends how you drive. The roads are great, not too much traffic normally, more relaxed, less speed or pressure, therefore 28mpg for me. So, about 500 miles? At €2 per litre that's 4 or 5 tankfuls equals about £650 for fuel. plus autoroute charges of course. The A9 Clermont Ferrand route is the cheapest.

I think with most things in life if you look at things purely from a financial aspect you would never do anything and life is to short.  I have driven abroad for probably at least 25 years although not recently. There is not doubt it has got very expensive to drive in Europe now but what isn’t. The last time I went was in an BMW X5.  On top of fuel and tolls doing 2500 miles adds on over £100 in tyre wear and  brings servicing costs sooner. Plus extra insurance so all in all it is not cheap. Having said that I love driving abroad so the cost wouldn’t put me off. Trouble is the body is getting older now but the mind is still keen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GMB said:

and of course Portugal can be quite magical too 

Wellington at Salamanca came to my mind traversing oddball bits of Spain …… a few years ago, pre Covid whatever 

Salamanca I just fell in love with ….. the Old City just magical 😄

Malc 

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Going to stay near Bragança for a few days on way down. Most remote bit of Portugal apparently. All dogs and donkeys.

take care with the local cuisine then 🤣

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

and of course Portugal can be quite magical too 

Wellington at Salamanca came to my mind traversing oddball bits of Spain …… a few years ago, pre Covid whatever 

Salamanca I just fell in love with ….. the Old City just magical 😄

Malc 

Picture of you setting off for Portugal I think?

Malc.jpg

25 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Picture of you setting off for Portugal I think?

Malc.jpg

A Peckham based Recruitment Office might have been better 😂

Malc 

34 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

A Peckham based Recruitment Office might have been better 😂

Malc 

Am I in the presence of royalty? Are you related to Del?

Boy ….. o’boy ……. Sadly no 

but I might get a 3 wheeler to compete with your entry in the Milk Float speedway along Rye Lane 😄

Malc 

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2023 at 10:32 PM, Glyn Jennings said:

I don’t because it was before I bought my SC. I’ve just seen some negative comments and as far as I am aware he does not seem to have any online presence now. My own experience is that 99% of everyone I have met with an SC have been a great bunch of people.

I don't get involved because Juan Thorns threw me off the group because his car didn't win any trophy's where mine did. He is the founder of the Lexus SC430 UK face book group and found it hard for me to have the lime light and recognition for organising the successful show which was held on my lawn in 2021. All the dirt on my name comes from that.  The gratitude I get for putting Lexus SC430 on the map and possibly helping to maintain the prices they fetch today. I am happy to talk to anyone about cars and would help anyone if its within my power. 

Kind regards

Chris Fixter  

37 minutes ago, Chris 30 Lexus said:

I don't get involved because Juan Thorns threw me off the group because his car didn't win any trophy's where mine did. He is the founder of the Lexus SC430 UK face book group and found it hard for me to have the lime light and recognition for organising the successful show which was held on my lawn in 2021. All the dirt on my name comes from that.  The gratitude I get for putting Lexus SC430 on the map and possibly helping to maintain the prices they fetch today. I am happy to talk to anyone about cars and would help anyone if its within my power. 

Kind regards

Chris Fixter  

Do you still have any of your cars Chris ?

1 hour ago, Chris 30 Lexus said:

Kind regards

Chris Fixter  

Your 1st post and you are again showing your true colours….so far up your own….. you made the meet all about you, and rattled quite a few attendees and most if not all members on the SC430 uk fb group, with the ohhh look at me etc etc….. best thing to of happened to that site was your demise and being kicked out….. and i wont mention the pittance you donated to the charity …considering the amount you took in, by charging members to be allowed onto your land,

it was a good meet but you turned it sour by making it out to be all about you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with mr2lad , your first post on here and your basically putting others down , and then proclaiming to be the saviour of the lexus sc430 .

You put lexus on the map ,and helped put the prices up to what they are today 🤣

Next you will be telling us you can cure cancer and turn water into wine .

• Haha 4

On 2/13/2024 at 1:58 PM, Chris 30 Lexus said:

Kind regards

Chris Fixter  

For the record, it was a good meet but it soon became very clear that it was all about self promotion of the individual and less about the SC430 and I understand that was also the reason for the exclusion from the fb group and nothing to do with Juan not winning prizes.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The next time you read or hear that Aluminium does not rust remember this pic that it does corrode. That's a shot of a 2007 XK. Should note it is not mine !

Ally Rust.jpg

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links