Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

is this normal

this is my second UX  i've just bought its the design version new.

there are a few things different in this model compared to the last one i had fsport. one thing i can't get my head round is the alarm indicator on the lower dash panel above one of the heater switches.

it flashes even when it's not set.i.e the doors locked. sat in the car with the doors unlocked it's constantly flashing.

i've contacted the dealership and told them the problem and i dont think the guy has grasped what i'm saying. he says the alarm will be on regardless of what the light says. ive written back saying surely it shouldn't be flashing if i'm sat in the car with the doors unlocked. ive had no reply.

has anybody got one of these models that can confirm the state of the alarm indicator with the doors unlocked.

many thanks

Not a UX but my 2020 RX will set the alarm indicator light flashing as soon as the car is out of Ready mode.

From the UX handbook ..

"The security indicator flashes after the 
power switch has been turned off to 
indicate that the system is operating."

if you mean soonever it's switched off completely that is what mine is doing. i used the key to get into the car to have a look in the manual and sat there for about 15 mins reading it and all this time the light was flashing. never noticed if this happened with my previous ux but just seems different to other makes which normally flashes when the alarm is armed.

I'm guessing but perhaps it means the immobiliser is set but the intrusion and tilt sensors remain off until the car is locked?

My handbook states those sensors activate approx 30sec after the car is locked

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

Yep my Design is the same, can’t say I’ve given it another thought as my first UX so nothing to compare it to.

well if yours is the same obviously there is'nt a fault with mine thanks for that

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I'm guessing but perhaps it means the immobiliser is set but the intrusion and tilt sensors remain off until the car is locked?

My handbook states those sensors activate approx 30sec after the car is locked

yes you could be right it doesn't mention in the handbook that this will happen ( the flashing light) that's why i thought there might be a fault. as bezzer says his does just the same so obviously it is normal. thanks for your reply

6 hours ago, para999 said:

it flashes even when it's not set.i.e the doors locked. sat in the car with the doors unlocked it's constantly flashing.

I'm assuming it doesn't do it once you start the vehicle?

The flashing is indicating that the immobiliser is active, which it is even when the doors are unlocked.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I'm assuming it doesn't do it once you start the vehicle?

The flashing is indicating that the immobiliser is active, which it is even when the doors are unlocked.

thankyou for your reply your correct it goes off after starting

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links