Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water ingress and warning lights

Drivers footwell soaking wet and I suspect the sunroof drain is blocked! However the airbag warning light is on and the hazards won't go off even with the ignition switched off. I disconnected the Battery for a couple of hours and when reconnected the hazards were off! An hour later they were back on!

Will the problem eventually go when dry?  Any advice please

water water everywhere ...  it finds every nook and cranny for sure when these storms rage .....  not just a car ..........  hopefully as the drenching effect vanishes and the wind and the sun help dry it all out, your car electrics will behave as they should

Malc

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

water water everywhere ...  it finds every nook and cranny for sure when these storms rage .....  not just a car ..........  hopefully as the drenching effect vanishes and the wind and the sun help dry it all out, your car electrics will behave as they should

Malc

Worth checking all window seals, windscreen, moon roof - there aren’t any normal weak areas from leaks apart from the boot seal Is there Malc?

• Like 1

When I had my first LS400 the alarm went off in the early hours one day, the car was soaked inside.  It turned out to be the sunroof drain holes. It played havoc with the electrics but after three day and getting it as dry as I could all returned to normal.

• Like 1

Never had a prob with the 400, never saw that much water lurking even after heavy rain, so always assume the sunroof seal was working well.

Recently just tried Gummi Pflege on a boot seal, to make sure auto-release actually had the boot lift, and seems like also cured a boot leak, which I was not expecting. So makes me wonder if treating the sun roof seal would help with water ingress, and put less pressure on the drainage.

• Like 2

I've rodded the sunroof drain holes and they seem fine so I've either left the .window. slightly open or the leak is somewhere else

My main worry is the damage it's done to the electrics as the airbag warning light has come on and the hazards are on even when the ignition is turned off! I've disconnected the Battery overnight and when reconnecting it takes about 2hrs for the hazards to start again..hopefully it. Will eventually dry out..I'll see how long it takes tomorrow if I do the same 🤞unfortunately the airbag light it on permanently

15 minutes ago, deelcee said:

I've rodded the sunroof drain holes and they seem fine so I've either left the .window. slightly open or the leak is somewhere else

My main worry is the damage it's done to the electrics as the airbag warning light has come on and the hazards are on even when the ignition is turned off! I've disconnected the battery overnight and when reconnecting it takes about 2hrs for the hazards to start again..hopefully it. Will eventually dry out..I'll see how long it takes tomorrow if I do the same 🤞unfortunately the airbag light it on permanently

I guess you've checked scuttle trays etc? Also if rain isn't forecast leave all windows open (I'm sure you've thought of that already) as the damp and warm sun will cause loads of condensation.  Hopefully it'll dry out as mine did and the airbag light can be reset. 

the torrential rain we have had in my part of Kent would have simply overflowed the drain pipe apertures maybe even if they be clear ......... and just caused some really exceptional water ingress ..... in places that under normal rainfall ( whatever that is ) would just go away ok

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links