Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MOT fail on faulty wing mirror

Hi folks,

Picked up a 2016 IS300h this time last year. Great cars and always wanted one since I was a youngster although it was a is200 back then!

Just had her in for a MOT as you might've guessed by the headline, she's failed on driver mirror indicator not working. Can anyone offer some advice as the garage is pricing up a new mirror, which puts the fear in me! Could it be a fuse or can I replace the indicator light? Or is it a case of a whole new mirror from Lexus?

Any help much appreciated 😀

The wing mirror indicator unit is sealed but detaches from the housing as a separate unit with its own two pin plug connector. It simply slots in at the bottom and is then held in place when you fit the cover back. However, buying the light unit might be difficult, call Lexus Parts Direct in Swindon.

• Like 1

According to my database it uses a standard cap less bulb.

Bulb Outer Mirror Lamp Assy, part number is 99132-12050 priced at £3.29 from Lexus although it is a standard T10 12V 5W cap less push fit bulb.

Orkney Factors in Kirkwall will have one.

Remove mirror casing, remove single screw from indicator unit and remove indicator, remove bulb holder, replace the blown bulb, reassemble, pass MOT 😀

IMG_0872.jpeg

IMG_0871.png

IMG_0873.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

According to my database it uses a standard cap less bulb.

Bulb Outer Mirror Lamp Assy, part number is 99132-12050 priced at £3.29 from Lexus although it is a standard T10 12V 5W cap less push fit bulb.

Orkney Factors in Kirkwall will have one.

Remove mirror casing, remove single screw from indicator unit and remove indicator, remove bulb holder, replace the blown bulb, reassemble, pass MOT 😀

IMG_0872.jpeg

IMG_0871.png

IMG_0873.png

Thanks Steve, that's awesome!

Just wondered while I'm at it if I could buy these and fit them as the actual indicator is cracked and letting in water. 

Not sure if they're any good but at £50 be cheaper fix than a whole new second hand mirror at £220! 😬

Thanks again, much appreciated 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304570791812?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=clRHUiCFT4G&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=wwH5j32hSIG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Even from Amayama the OEM indicator units are £60.00 plus shipping each so  at £50.00 for the pair certainly a lot cheaper.

If you do buy them I would suggest some clear silicone sealer around the joints before fitting them, from past experience with DRLs they tend not to be very waterproof out of the box

They use the same units across a lot of the newer Lexus cars so should fit fine.

IMG_0875.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for the info.

Took the mirror apart tonight and changed the bulb but unfortunately still no luck. Onto plan B and ordered the smoked indicators but I'm guessing the electrics must be the problem as no light coming to either the indicator or the puddle light?! 

Could there be anything else I could check if the indicator doesn't work?  

Any advice much appreciated 🙂

You didn’t mention the puddle light was also off as well 😀

I doubt there would ba. separate fuse just for the indicator and puddle light, there is a 30A fuse for each door but if this was blown your electric windows would also be out.

You really need, as mentioned above, a multimeter to check for presence of the 12V and whether you have a good earth.

It could be a broken wire where the loom passes from the A panel to the door but without a meter difficult to confirm.

• Thanks 1

Quick update, received the mirror indicators home this lunchtime and set in to getting them fitted. 

Seems to have solved the problem!

Delighted! They look class with the smoked lenses and sequential lights, fairly chuffed for a £40 from fleabay. 

Big thanks for all the advice and tips 🙂 much appreciated 👍

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links