Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Handle Lights - somewhat mean?

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Depends on the model. My 450 is on 18" wheels and tyres are not run-flats. I was supplied with a pack for sealing and inflating the tyre in an emergency though. I think all the 20" wheels come with run-flats as standard but not 100% sure about that.

You're right 18" wheels have standard tyres and no spare whilst all 20" wheels have run-flats and no spare 

On 10/2/2023 at 1:51 PM, Serguei said:

On my NX 450+ Takumi only front handles are illuminated as well. So I guess this is how it is supposed to do.

Wow , that is mean of Lexus , only front door handles illuminated? . I was disappointed when I changed my is300 for the NX 300 and found there was no light on the door to light up road / puddles and no light under the door mirrors. The new NX is very expensive and seems to be lacking in the niceties. The door trim in new NX was really cheap looking. 

On 10/2/2023 at 6:11 AM, szhrmp said:

coming from a 6 year old Mercedes C class Premium - I can see these little penny pinching moves in my "Takumi" all over the place, e.g.

• no passenger side memory seats
  • no aluminium pedals
  • only 2 door handles are illuminated
  • no tyre inflation kit inlcuded
  • my mercedes had thigh support for the seats
  • dashboard material is pretty underwhelming, previously I had a (fake) leather everwhere, e.g. door.

but rather than penny pinching I think it is a lack of practicality which is missing, e.g.:

• the first aid kit is too big to properly fit in the boot
  • door bins are very small
  • piano black plastic
  • gear knob is a pain to use, couldn't they just use buttons for that?
  • my mercedes had a little crate for boot which you could store away and take out

etc.

all small things, but just does not give the premium feeling.

what I really like is the efficency of the hybrid system and how it works seamlessly. also - all the security systems (lta, adaptive cruise control) are top notch.

Although its not really a fair comparison.

Ive got the Merc W205 and the build quality is rubbish in comparison. Squeaks, rattles all over which I had to rectify, and its the same with all the newer models. Not just an isolated case either, the forums are rife with it. Ride quality is okay but only after removing the run flats - still relatively harsh and nowhere near as quiet as the Lexus on a move. 

I dont think many Lexus come with passenger memory seats.....

Merc reliability is rubbish too - Ive had about £3k worth of work done on a car with 40k miles. 

And lets not forget about the "Artico" pleather which screams vinyl. The Lexus offering is much better. I do genuinely think the Merc is very good at looking very good and giving the impression of quality, but its certainly not a quality product. I believe the W206 is even worse - material quality is worse lower down than the W205

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Wow , that is mean of Lexus , only front door handles illuminated? . I was disappointed when I changed my is300 for the NX 300 and found there was no light on the door to light up road / puddles and no light under the door mirrors. The new NX is very expensive and seems to be lacking in the niceties. The door trim in new NX was really cheap looking. 

No puddle lights on your 2019 NX?
Is it one of the poverty spec ones before any add on packs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links