Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in SC430 ownership.

Bob King

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted a replacement boot trim today and noticed same dampness to the boot lid trim….it’s common for the high level brake light to leak, so stripped it off and resealed around the cable and mounting  studs.

IMG_9167.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

IMG_9172.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Fitted a replacement boot trim today and noticed same dampness to the boot lid trim….it’s common for the high level brake light to leak, so stripped it off and resealed around the cable and mounting  studs.

IMG_9167.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

IMG_9172.jpeg

Given you seem to have skills would you know how to take those orange coloured corner lights and colour them to the same colour as the car (closeish) assuming that is legal.

17 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Given you seem to have skills would you know how to take those orange coloured corner lights and colour them to the same colour as the car (closeish) assuming that is legal.

A guy on YouTube done a write up, there is a 10mm bolt under the wing liner, once undo that separates the bumper corner from the body.

Once free, there is just enough room to get your hand in and unclip the orange reflector .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

A guy on YouTube done a write up, there is a 10mm bolt under the wing liner, once undo that separates the bumper corner from the body.

Once free, there is just enough room to get your hand in and unclip the orange reflector .

Changed mine and here is the post. I did a write up on how I did it but can’t seem to find it now

• 4 weeks later...

Some days are just right for polishing 😎

headlamps both a little discoloured at the top and the tailpipes had never touched !

Bit of metal polish and fine wire wool it’s taken 15 years off them .

IMG_9353.jpeg

IMG_9361.jpeg

IMG_9360.jpeg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Some days are just right for polishing 😎

headlamps both a little discoloured at the top and the tailpipes had never touched !

Bit of metal polish and fine wire wool it’s taken 15 years off them .

IMG_9353.jpeg

IMG_9361.jpeg

IMG_9360.jpeg

Looking good Bob. Did you wirewool the lot? I just used some baking soda and lemon juice on mine. I wanted to go from least abrasive to 'more' if that was required, but in event it didn't take anything else. I have something called Mr Peek for the chrome and it seems to get the job done without much effort.

13 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Looking good Bob. Did you wirewool the lot? I just used some baking soda and lemon juice on mine. I wanted to go from least abrasive to 'more' if that was required, but in event it didn't take anything else. I have something called Mr Peek for the chrome and it seems to get the job done without much effort.

Used a very fine wirewool with metal polish 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Did the early cars use glass rather than plastic for the lenses? 

Sadly since the launch of the SC430, they all have plastic lenses.

Early cars headlamps polish up better, the facelift model gets UV damage deeper into the plastic….if you want your car looking mint ..it’s buy a new pair at £1250.00 the pair 😮😮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Weather was on my side today, so had a look at a few jobs .

water leak in boot..strip out all the trim and mark suspect areas with chalk…if water washes the chalk away that’s the place to start looking.

side repeater lens loose, I will glue back on but also look for a replacement…good old Lexus fits this to multiple models …Is250, is350, GS300/430.

I noted the date on the tyre sealer…it’s still liquid, wonder if it would  now work.

will look up a replacement bottle at some point.

IMG_9408.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

Weather was on my side today, so had a look at a few jobs .

water leak in boot..strip out all the trim and mark suspect areas with chalk…if water washes the chalk away that’s the place to start looking.

side repeater lens loose, I will glue back on but also look for a replacement…good old Lexus fits this to multiple models …Is250, is350, GS300/430.

I noted the date on the tyre sealer…it’s still liquid, wonder if it would  now work.

will look up a replacement bottle at some point.

IMG_9408.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

I have not noticed before the side markers are oval on the facelift models as apposed to square on pre facelift.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I have not noticed before the side markers are oval on the facelift models as apposed to square on pre facelift.

Old type would have been easier to maintain ☹️

20 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Been reading owners manual. Does using tyre seal also destroy your tpms sender?

A replacement spare is only a bit more than sealer.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product-category/space-saver-wheels/lexus/lexus-sc430/

Plenty of wheels on eBay 👍🏻

• Like 1

I updated the one from my 2009 GS450h. Think 2014 was as modern as the discs can possibly be with the DVD system.

The one thing that is really nice with the Lexus Nav is the lovely female voice when you are abroad telling you "You have crossed the border".

• Like 2

Got out to a New Year’s Day car show, it was Brooklands museum in Surrey . They had a classic and also a later sports car section.

Got a bit sidetracked with the aircraft museum 😎

IMG_6302.jpeg

IMG_9588.jpeg

IMG_9589.jpeg

IMG_9583.jpeg

IMG_9574.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

IMG_9563.jpeg

IMG_9562.jpeg

IMG_9558.jpeg

IMG_9556.jpeg

IMG_9553.jpeg

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9544.jpeg

IMG_9541.jpeg

IMG_9540.jpeg

IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9529.jpeg

IMG_9532.jpeg

IMG_9525.jpeg

IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9522.jpeg

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9520.jpeg

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links