Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Premium Plus Electric Seats

When you order a UX with the Premium Plus package you get electric seats and steering wheel adjustment, but no memory settings as in the Takumi.

I was wondering, are the seat/steering wheel settings stored in the key or in the cars settings.  My thought was if they are logged against the key, would that mean that potentially each key would remember settings for that that key and therefore driver, thereby giving you two stored settings? 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

My 22 reg Takumi does not have memory seats. Which is fine as I don’t let the wife drive it. 

But the service mechanic / MOT tester will no doubt mess up your settings. Surely the cost of adding a memory function must be a few £s at most and the bulk of the cost is in multiple electric motors etc.

10 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

You are assuming you get more than one key🙃

My 22 reg Takumi does not have memory seats. Which is fine as I don’t let the wife drive it. 

Why doesn’t your Takumi have memory seats as that is part of the standard equipment?  Was it delivered during the chip shortage and they were omitted?

Ahh I didn’t realise yours was electric. Looks like they adjusted the spec for that model. 

I test drove a used Takumi in the week, but it was in very poor cosmetic condition even though it was two years younger than my car. I was pretty shocked that it was on a main dealership forecourt to be honest. I am thinking of a new car with the Premium Plus pack as I don’t want to spend the extra for the Takumi when there is likely a second gen in 2-3 years time, but I will really miss my HUD. 

The 2023 (black badges) has 2 keys and a credit card key.   I guess they have to differentiate between the models but it does seem an odd way of doing it.  Everything is memorised on the two main keys - seats, mirrors and HUD.  I think the heater is too but I’d have to fiddle.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Don C said:

The 2023 (black badges) has 2 keys and a credit card key.   I guess they have to differentiate between the models but it does seem an odd way of doing it.  Everything is memorised on the two main keys - seats, mirrors and HUD.  I think the heater is too but I’d have to fiddle.  

Ahh that’s very interesting. I remember many years ago I had an A4 cabriolet and that remembered settings including AC settings too. 

It is the revised model I am referring too, I should have mentioned that in my first post, thank you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stepppy said:

I was wondering, are the seat/steering wheel settings stored in the key or in the cars settings.  My thought was if they are logged against the key, would that mean that potentially each key would remember settings for that that key and therefore driver, thereby giving you two stored settings? 

Memory position are stored in the vehicle, within a dedicated ECU, and the individual keys can be associated with a memory position. Keys themselves don't store settings.

To have memory function the seats/mirrors/hud are fitted with sensors to track position, which need an alternative wiring harness to send the signals back to the memory ECU. There is no way to 'enable' memory functionality on a vehicle that wasn't fitted with it (not without replacing/adding many parts).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Memory position are stored in the vehicle, within a dedicated ECU, and the individual keys can be associated with a memory position. Keys themselves don't store settings.

To have memory function the seats/mirrors/hud are fitted with sensors to track position, which need an alternative wiring harness to send the signals back to the memory ECU. There is no way to 'enable' memory functionality on a vehicle that wasn't fitted with it (not without replacing/adding many parts).

Totally understand that to have a dedicated 'memory' function if not fitted is a no no.  

My understanding then is if we were to each use our own key (A & B), make our adjustments to seats/mirror/steering wheel they would be saved to the car. Would that mean that if I use key A I would get one set of adjustment and using key B would give me a different adjustment?  I know the Takumi with the dedicated memory settings also has the easy access for the steering wheel seat, but I am not sure if that is a thing on the premium plus... probably not?

Apologies if I am asking the same thing again, my brain just has to understand things in a certain way 🫣

Thanks

3 minutes ago, stepppy said:

My understanding then is if we were to each use our own key (A & B), make our adjustments to seats/mirror/steering wheel they would be saved to the car. Would that mean that if I use key A I would get one set of adjustment and using key B would give me a different adjustment?  I know the Takumi with the dedicated memory settings also has the easy access for the steering wheel seat, but I am not sure if that is a thing on the premium plus... probably not?

Only Takumi (and F Sport with Takumi pack) has seats and wiring to allow seats to move to a preset memory position so even if the memory position was stored with other general settings it would be impossible to gain that functionality. But even that isn't the case, the memory position is stored in a dedicated seat/mirror control module which isn't fitted on a non-Takumi model.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

Only Takumi (and F Sport with Takumi pack) has seats and wiring to allow seats to move to a preset memory position so even if the memory position was stored with other general settings it would be impossible to gain that functionality. But even that isn't the case, the memory position is stored in a dedicated seat/mirror control module which isn't fitted on a non-Takumi model.

Perfect, thanks Colin at least I know now, thought it was a long shot 😀

These memory key functions are interesting. Sorry to go off Lexus (yes I do have one), but my wife's Mini has three keys (don't ask) and and each displays different settings on the info entertainment screen. The really odd one is one of the keys displays the Navigation screen in colour and the others variations of grey black and white. No one on her Mini forum or the dealership has been able to explain how to change/set any of this.    

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links