Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX boot space

Hi Everyone.

I’m looking at a UX as my next car. Beautiful car but my concern is the boot. My car is currently a polo gti and we want a car that’s more comfortable, bigger in the back, more economical, etc. 

The UX has all of these but the boot is the same size as my polo. As someone that golfs, has anyone here managed to get on ok with the boot?

They're not that roomy in the back, legroom is pretty restricted if the front seat occupants have their seats slid back to any degree. They could never be classed as a family car, fine for couples with the odd time rear seat passenger. Will hold a lot though with the seats down, everything bar the kitchen sink when SWMBO wants to load it for holidays 🙄

She can get all her shopping in the boot but not a lot else.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

They're not that roomy in the back, legroom is pretty restricted if the front seat occupants have their seats slid back to any degree. They could never be classed as a family car, fine for couples with the odd time rear seat passenger. Will hold a lot though with the seats down, everything bar the kitchen sink when SWMBO wants to load it for holidays 🙄

She can get all her shopping in the boot but not a lot else.

I’m only short at 5’8 so it appeared to have plenty of room behind my driving position. It’s mainly the boot I’m concerned about.

If it's a deal breaker I would take the bag to the garage and actually try it. They should willingly let you do it if it could be a sale. I know it's around 850mm IIRC between the wheel arches inside from collecting a big TV recently not sure how much extra you've got for the full width.

• Like 1

I used to get the golf clubs in my NX with no problem but they wouldn't fit my UX - if I still played.

I drop the 1/3 rear seat to fit in two long gun boxes (1250mm). The good thing is that not only can they not be seen due to the privacy glass. Noise doesn't increase either!

Did an airport run for 1 hour and quarter each way with four adults and two decent size cases earlier this year. I stripped out all the removal boot floor panels and tool tray and managed fine. I guess it depends if you can be fagged to go to this trouble.  Not sure if this would solve the golf bag  issue you have but this makes quite a difference to the carrying capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck, should be fine lengthwise with dropped seat. Bonus is the rear seats are the easiest I've ever had, drop straight down and click in straight back up, no faffing.

• Thanks 1

My in-laws have the Mazda CX-30 and whilst it's a nice enough car, I much prefer my own UX. 

With the rear seats down (they fold flat) there is plenty of space for golf clubs. There is also plenty of space for rear passengers too. I also have a space saver spare wheel in the storage compartment area. 

Are you looking at a particular spec car? 2wd or the 4wd version?

Regards

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HPS13 said:

My in-laws have the Mazda CX-30 and whilst it's a nice enough car, I much prefer my own UX. 

With the rear seats down (they fold flat) there is plenty of space for golf clubs. There is also plenty of space for rear passengers too. I also have a space saver spare wheel in the storage compartment area. 

Are you looking at a particular spec car? 2wd or the 4wd version?

Regards

I’ve got my eyes on a 23 plate f sport at my local dealer. I’m coming from a polo gti and have had golf gti and gtd in the past, so I wanted something slightly bigger than my current car for passengers, more comfortable, reliable as I want to keep it longer term, more economical but still relatively quick.

The UX seems to tick all those boxes and when looking at the competition today I kept thinking but it’s not the Lexus. 

Plus this seems to be one of the friendliest car forums I’ve ever been on. That always helps when you’re considering a car.

• Like 2

I have the F-Sport model and it has everything I need. It's quite economical averaging (for me) 50 - 55mpg. The F-Sport seats are really comfortable, I really like the lumbar support. Both front seats are electrically adjusted on F-Sport models, 

It's not the fastest car in the world but certainly brisk enough for overtaking and is smooth and quiet on motorways. 

I hope you enjoy the test drive and see if it's the right car for you. 

• Like 2

My 20 plate UX F Sport will take one big suitcase and a backpack in the boot. Drop the offside rear seat and you get a second big suitcase. Drop both rear seats and you can fit three big suitcases and several small bags. It’s fine for two people. With the rear seats up the boot is fine for shopping. For me it’s ideal for two people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Hello Philip,from one golfer to another yes the clubs will fit!
  • My dealer loaned me a UX for a couple of days to see if it would work as like you I was unsure.
  • I use two different ways to carry my clubs,if on my own I put the trolley and shoes etc in the boot and I drop the single seat and put my golf bag through,it’s a tour bag so very big and fits easily.
    If I’m going with my mate I put both trolleys in the boot and the two sets of clubs on the rear seats.
  • Like you I looked at a few different larger cars but the UX was the one that
  • won me over,I’ve got the F-Sport Takumi variant and it has all the toys and then some!
  • let us know how you get on with your search.

•  

IMG_0442.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Kissu said:
  • Hello Philip,from one golfer to another yes the clubs will fit!
  • My dealer loaned me a UX for a couple of days to see if it would work as like you I was unsure.
  • I use two different ways to carry my clubs,if on my own I put the trolley and shoes etc in the boot and I drop the single seat and put my golf bag through,it’s a tour bag so very big and fits easily.
    If I’m going with my mate I put both trolleys in the boot and the two sets of clubs on the rear seats.
  • Like you I looked at a few different larger cars but the UX was the one that
  • won me over,I’ve got the F-Sport Takumi variant and it has all the toys and then some!
  • let us know how you get on with your search.

•  

IMG_0442.jpeg

Cheers Ian, that’s massively helpful. The Lexus won my heart, so got the test drive booked in for the 18th as my salesperson is on holiday now until 14th.

Unless we can’t agree on figures I’m going to buy the car as I loved it and seeing that photo helped enormously.

49 minutes ago, Kissu said:

IMG_0442.jpeg

SWMBO who has got a bit of OCD when cleaning has just come in from washing and cleaning ours, showed her this and she' s gone all faint 😳 😀

• Haha 3

The boot is not that big, but I have found that all the bits and pieces which I normally have cluttering up a boot actually fit in the big tray underneath the floor.  So remember to take this into account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kissu said:

At least the outside is clean!

Ours was, then it rained 15 minutes after she'd finished 😪 Had to be done as she won't let it go in dirty for it's service tomorrow and she certainly won't  let them wash it.

IMG_0030.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

Ours was, then it rained 15 minutes after she'd finished 😪 Had to be done as she won't let it go in dirty for it's service tomorrow and she certainly won't  let them wash it.

IMG_0030.jpeg

I’ve been valeting for 12 years and she’s obviously a very sensible woman! Wish my wife would take that approach with her car….

Regarding getting your golf clubs in i would do what you do in the polo and drop a seat. In the UX this is so easy to do. We do annual pilgrimages to Cornwall and we practically take the kitchen sink mind were cutting down now a bit but the UX rear seats are so easy to drop down. Regarding the back seats yes its a bit tight especiallyif passenger has their seat back.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links