Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lil problem

So i just switched from 2003 saab 93 to lexus is300h 2013. It seems i have basic model no rearview camera etc. Anyways super car, very good to drive. I have one question do i have regular parking sensors?? Parallel parking is pretty hard for me and in my saab 93 i had parking sensors from factory. I havent found any button to activate sensors nor i have found anything on the display.. If i dont have sensors will it be very expensive to install them??

Okay thats intresting. Seems like i dont have them. Funny that lexus car brand package does not include them as standard. So the other question is how hard and how much would it cost to fit rear camera or those sensors?

Fitting just rear sensors (without camera) isn't that expensive. On my last car I had them fitted by a guy who came round and installed them and colour matched them to the car. Cost was less than £150, but that was a few years ago.

If you google reversing sensor fitting you'll find a selection of local suppliers.

5 hours ago, Strenoob11 said:

What about rearview mirror backup camera? That seems like a good option too and easier to do. Any suggestions which mirror to choose so it fits on window?

I've actually been looking into this recently for the wife's jazz. Wolfbox, pelsee and autovox seem to be the top chinese brands. Decided to get a pelsee p12 pro from amazon. Haven't tried it yet will be installing it over the weekend but based on my research this seems to be one where quality is good and it has some fancy AI based smart mirror features such as lane departure warning, blind spot detection and distance warning. Not sure how well they work but thought its better to have the option as you can always switch it off if its not useful or glitchy. Its got 4k front recording and 1080p rear recording. Sounded decent for £119 after a voucher. The other one i considered was a wolfbox g900 seems to be their flagship product and the best mirror cam available quality wise with 4k front 2.5k rear recording and high quality lenses but its pretty expensive at £175 and doesn't have as many features as the pelsee. 

Sounds like a fairly straightforward diy install depending on how clean a install you want. It just straps on to your current rear view mirror and plugs into the lighter power outlet. The rear camera will need some DIY skill though as you might need to do some trim removal / drilling to mount the camera outside and you will need to splice into the reverse light wire if you want the mirror to switch to the rear camera automatically when reverse is engaged. Alternatively you could mount it inside on the rear glass and just manually switch to the rear camera everytime you reverse. 

Overall for what they are i think mirror cams offer a lot more value than parking sensors as they also function as dashcams, reversing camera and as a smart mirror. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links