Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h (4th Generation) insurance renewal

I know there is a lot of talk on the site about the above, and that if you live, and drive an RX in London, the insurance appears to be through the roof.

To us lesser northern mortals, well North of Watford Gap, has anyone actually had renewal premiums recently, or certainly since our pride and joy became the thief’s second preferred choice of transport?

It would be interesting to establish facts, as to the actual increases and whether you found less expensive insurance offer, and for members benefits, NAME the companies, and if it was a less expensive deal ( I deliberately don’t use the word ‘cheaper’ ) and whether we are now being raped for increased excesses.

Additionally, has anyone actually seen any benefits from increased security on their vehicles, Ie Lexus steel plates, ghost, scorpion etc, visible steering lock, and yes, I do know the Thatcham cop out insurers will use so as not to reduce the premium.

At he end of the day, and despite all the advertising crap, Insurance is a commodity we all have to have, but only know how good it is when we come to use it.

Your comments and information would be interesting!

It went almost 70% up, but the same applied for the my other 2 vehicles, so the RX was not an outlier.

I think it has something to do with recent changes in legislation that decreased the competition between insurers

I am new aLexus owner.

So for my 2010 Lexus Ls600hl I was quoted £2300 plus, by many companies, I live Nw England. No, I do not have any claims or points and hqve 16  years NCB, can't say it's all down to the postcode, as my other car, a Bentley Continental GT, I was paying £800 per year!!

In the end I have gone with Admiral for £2k on both cars.

• Sad 1

My policy went up by £ 300 to insure the RZ Takumi instead of my 2 year old Range Rover Velar. I just got a quote for a RX Takumi instead of the RZ and £ 300 cheaper ! Not in London and if I’d kept the Velar I think the renewal would have been over £1,000 more as NFU now refuse to insure any Land Rovers younger than 5 years except for existing clients. 

On 11/11/2023 at 8:13 PM, larryadler said:

I know there is a lot of talk on the site about the above, and that if you live, and drive an RX in London, the insurance appears to be through the roof.

To us lesser northern mortals, well North of Watford Gap, has anyone actually had renewal premiums recently, or certainly since our pride and joy became the thief’s second preferred choice of transport?

It would be interesting to establish facts, as to the actual increases and whether you found less expensive insurance offer, and for members benefits, NAME the companies, and if it was a less expensive deal ( I deliberately don’t use the word ‘cheaper’ ) and whether we are now being raped for increased excesses.

Additionally, has anyone actually seen any benefits from increased security on their vehicles, Ie Lexus steel plates, ghost, scorpion etc, visible steering lock, and yes, I do know the Thatcham cop out insurers will use so as not to reduce the premium.

At he end of the day, and despite all the advertising crap, Insurance is a commodity we all have to have, but only know how good it is when we come to use it.

Spot On..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Lexus Insurance doesn’t want to insure anyone. My dealer told me that for the 7 day complimentary insurance when you buy a new car the dealer has to get authority from the underwriter- every single referral he has made has been refused meaning the customer has to delay the purchase and organise insurance before they drive away. He says as a lot of their customers are repeats they take it for granted they’ll have a week to secure insurance once they have the reg. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 8:13 PM, larryadler said:

Well Pete I'm not too far from you and my renewal from Tesco has gone from £306 to £641 😱😱😱. Nothing has changed in the past year other than lower mileage than anticipated. First trawl via MSE has come back with £477. As in the old joke - what do you call 50,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? Answer; well it's a start 😎

IsF - Churchill will not insure for next year. Computer he say No!

Is200t - Churchill wanted 60% more.

Harley - Down 25% from last year! with Bennetts.

Went with Hastings direct for same premium as least year - after a bit of a fuss. Found the deal on "compare the meerkat".

On 11/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, wivenhoe said:

every single referral he has made has been refused meaning the customer has to delay the purchase and organise insurance before they drive away.

A very slight inconvenience but hardly a deal-breaker.

I rang my insurance company from the Lexus showroom before driving off in my new pride and joy when we bought this car. All done and dusted in minutes.

4 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Well Pete I'm not too far from you and my renewal from Tesco has gone from £306 to £641 😱😱😱. Nothing has changed in the past year other than lower mileage than anticipated. First trawl via MSE has come back with £477. As in the old joke - what do you call 50,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? Answer; well it's a start 😎

😂🤣, you lucky beggar, it appears you have a generation 3 model, and the £477 I would say is a good price, if it has same benefits as your existing policy.

I have a generation 4, the thieves delight model, and mine renews in May. It increased last May from £489 to £640, and got it for £604 in the end.

According  to information I have to date, premiums for my model will have increased by 58%, so that’s going to put circa £900+.

I wait with baited breath!

6 hours ago, larryadler said:

😂🤣, you lucky beggar, it appears you have a generation 3 model, and the £477 I would say is a good price, if it has same benefits as your existing policy.

I have a generation 4, the thieves delight model, and mine renews in May. It increased last May from £489 to £640, and got it for £604 in the end.

According  to information I have to date, premiums for my model will have increased by 58%, so that’s going to put circa £900+.

I wait with baited breath!

😱😱😱

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links