Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ls600hl 5 seat option

Newbie777

Hello,

I have a compliant about my Lexus.

Does anyone own a Lexus Ls600hl, with the 5 seat option.

Is it me or is the rear middle seat only suitable for children?

Was this an after thought?

Had I known this I would have gone for the 4 seat car, as there are more of these  on the road.

• Confused 2

I have owned Audi A6 and A8s, the issue I am refering is headroom, I am not tall 5foot 8 inches and my head touches the roof and I have to duck forward.

It is really bad and if you have one will you understand!

To be honest 5th seat in any saloon/sedan is kind of afterthought, being LS-L it is certainly has more space than most of other cars in the rear. I would not say it is only good for a child, although to be honest my experience is based on rending LS460L in Bahrain and it was 5 fully grown men in the car and I don't remember anyone complaining about space. Is it as comfortable as other two seats? - no, obviously it isn't and that is true for any car. The point of it is really just to open the arm rest (which ideally should have spaceship like controls) and be used for two people in the back. 

Now to be fair rear seat comfort was never my priority, so perhaps I didn't pay too much attention to it, but even normal LS has ample space in the back and LS-L, really shouldn't be short of it, but middle seat will remain middle seat. Perhaps SUV/MPV would be better for sitting 3 in the back. 

• Like 1

The 4 seat had the dvd from the ceiling, mine has it in the middle next to front sets.

Either the middle seat level cushioning is too high or the ceiling has dropped?

I hbe owned many cars and yes the middle seat can be tight, but the head touching the ceiling and the light controls in the way is not good.

My other car is a Bentley Conti mental GT and the back seats are made for shorter adults or kids, but I can still sit at the back and my head does not touch the ceiling.

It would be good if someone has the 5 seater from 2010, can advise.

Try the Kia Carens …… built for the purpose and value for money ……. Ls600 rear seat 5th small adult ok …… a rare event maybe to carry back seat pax ? 

Malc 

I know that in Lexus sunroof robs quite a lot of space (like 2 inches), not sure specifically about 2010 LS, but if you have option of DVD which is mounted in the middle, maybe it takes further space away from the headroom, if both sunroof and DVD are combined, maybe that adds-up to your issue.

The 4 seat had the dvd from the ceiling, mine has it in the middle next to front sets.

Either the middle seat level cushioning is too high or the ceiling has dropped?

I hbe owned many cars and yes the middle seat can be tight, but the head touching the ceiling and the light controls in the way is not good.

My other car is a Bentley Conti mental GT and the back seats are made for shorter adults or kids, but I can still sit at the back and my head does not touch the ceiling.

It would be good if someone has the 5 seater from 2010, can advise.

I think I may have the answer.

My car is the facelifted 2010 model, there were some improvements from the previous 2006 to 2009 models including the hybrid Battery was made more compact and boot space was made bigger by 13 litres or something.

By moving the hybrid batteries have they used the space directly under the middle seat, which remember for the 4 seat option was not available.

Although we can compare with the 5 seater LS460, the headroom should be fine so I don't think they are the same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links