Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Acquired

Fractaltrader

Bought a 2005 SC430 today. Black, with cream leather. What a fantastic drive.

Unbelievably, after a perfect 120 mile drive home, a problem occured when taking my wife out for a short drive!

When I brake there’s a sort of buzzing noise that you can feel on the pedal. Any ideas please?

Apart from that, I’m seriously impressed with the quality of the car. Hard to believe it’s 18 years old.

IMG_3122.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Fractaltrader said:

Bought a 2005 SC430 today. Black, with cream leather. What a fantastic drive.

Unbelievably, after a perfect 120 mile drive home, a problem occured when taking my wife out for a short drive!

When I brake there’s a sort of buzzing noise that you can feel on the pedal. Any ideas please?

Apart from that, I’m seriously impressed with the quality of the car. Hard to believe it’s 18 years old.

IMG_3122.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

Well done that man. Medal for Good taste awaits you. Don't worry about the buzzing that's just your car showing how grateful it is to have found you. Liability disclaimer to follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Seriously keep us up to date on how you find it. I think there are always a few of us interested in sharing our experiences of this amazing car.

That sounds like reluctor rings, part of the ABS system, they are cheap to buy £30 ish a pair, I took  Boomers car in to have both sides done at an independent  when I picked it up he had only done one side as the other didn't need doing, he charged about £180? I was a bit annoyed as I wanted both sides doing so I took it to a local non Lexus garage  who charged under £100 for the same job 🤔 Stew 

4 minutes ago, Localhero said:

That sounds like reluctor rings, part of the ABS system, they are cheap to buy £30 ish a pair, I took  Boomers car in to have both sides done at an independent  when I picked it up he had only done one side as the other didn't need doing, he charged about £180? I was a bit annoyed as I wanted both sides doing so I took it to a local non Lexus garage  who charged under £100 for the same job 🤔 Stew 

My rear reluctor ring will be forever grateful 😉

As Stew says, It's the rear reluctor rings. The rings and the shrouds they sit in will need to be replaced.  Lexus may charge a fortune to fix it and a good local resource perhaps £200 per side? 

This may help. Nicnac explains in a little more detail. 

1 hour ago, Fractaltrader said:

Am I correct in thinking this typically only applies to the front wheels?

There will be a ring and sensor on each wheel, not sure if there is any difference in failure rate / lifetime between front / rear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links