Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed sensitive door locking/unlocking

Can anyone tell me where the controls are for setting the speed sensitive door locking/unlocking please? My NX 450 has always automatically locked the doors after mnoving away (not sure what speed but pretty low). Auto unlocking always happened when I stopped and shifted to P (I know where that setting is). Today the doors automatically unlocked when pulling to a stop whilst still in Drive (which I don't want). I don't know why this change has occurred but I would like to change it back. Any ideas please? Thanks

36 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

There are "locking" and "unlocking" settings in the same section of settings.

Have you tried changing these?

Yes can see those but there's no reference to being able to change any speed sensitive lock/unlock setting. Previous to today my doors stayed locked when stopping in traffic etc...today they unlock each time I stop automatically even though the car is still in D(rive) .

15 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Yes can see those but there's no reference to being able to change any speed sensitive lock/unlock setting. Previous to today my doors stayed locked when stopping in traffic etc...today they unlock each time I stop automatically even though the car is still in D(rive) .

No setting for that and not how it should work.

Get this shown to the dealer as its not exactly safe in terms of car jacking.

• Like 1

Have you locked or unlocked the car using the remote on the Lexus Link App?

We tried this on our NX350h - just to see if it worked - and we noticed it changed the in-car setting of the door locking which we changed back manually to the same settings which you use. Why it did this we never discovered.

46 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Have you locked or unlocked the car using the remote on the Lexus Link App?

Not recently but the settings for unlock doors on selecting P(ark) are unchanged.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, rayaans said:

No setting for that and not how it should work.

Get this shown to the dealer as its not exactly safe in terms of car jacking.

You're absolutely right. I think Lexus may have done a software OTA update which has changed this functionality without the associated setting. I was hoping someone else had seen the same behaviour.

Mine's a little odd where the doors will automatically lock when pulling away (which is fine - I'd expect that), but they also remain locked once put back into park...and the engine turned off...

My door will open just fine. Push in the handle and that's it. 

However on the other three doors, it requires the 'unlock' button to be pressed before any passenger can push in the door handle to open the door. If you just go to push in the door handle to open the door, it remains locked. 

So.....I've discovered that in Vehicle Customisations Settings (Door Locking Functions) on main screen, if I have Auto Lock doors when shift from P set to on, then the doors do not auto open when coming to a stop. If that setting is off then the doors lock as soon as you drive away and auto open when pulling up to a stop. There is a setting to unlock when shift to P which I have on. It seems that speed sensitive door locking/unlocking is enabled when I disable the Lock doors when shift from P. Confused?.....I certainly am and I haven't changed these settings for months.

Anyway I'm happy to have disabled the speed sensitive auto unlocking even if I don't know why things suddenly changed.

p.s.....Gary check that you have the Unlock when Shift to P setting on

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hayzee said:

The fact that the setting changed without my intervention today might suggest an OTA update?

Anyone else seen the change?

Yes Agree colin Could be an OTA update has altered the settings...Possible visit to the dealership to sort..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links