Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H Tyres and tyre sizes

HI All, 

I recently purchased a 72 plate RX450H premium sport. The tyres on it are 235/55/R20 's . There doesn't seem to be a great deal of choice for this size. 

Tyre sizes

So my question is (as I have no idea about these things), is would a 235/50/R20 fit OK, i.e. is there any leeway in the profile size? If there is, is there any impact on speedo / mileage? 

Tyres

I put some Cross Climate 2 on the Honda CRV we have. I've also had pirelli scorpion verde all weather on my previous RX. What others would you recommend. The CC2 seem fantastic, was out in the snowy weather last weekend in the CRV and it barely noticed. 

thanks

4 minutes ago, fezman said:

HI All, 

I recently purchased a 72 plate RX450H premium sport. The tyres on it are 235/55/R20 's . There doesn't seem to be a great deal of choice for this size. 

Tyre sizes

So my question is (as I have no idea about these things), is would a 235/50/R20 fit OK, i.e. is there any leeway in the profile size? If there is, is there any impact on speedo / mileage? 

Tyres

I put some Cross Climate 2 on the Honda CRV we have. I've also had pirelli scorpion verde all weather on my previous RX. What others would you recommend. The CC2 seem fantastic, was out in the snowy weather last weekend in the CRV and it barely noticed. 

thanks

I believe the CC2s were available but they then went out of stock in that size.

Otherwise there's not any leeway unless your prepared to inform the insurance company.

Not round here they're not. Plenty of places advertising them but when one enquires they can't supply and they don't know when or if they'll come back in. Even ATS who are part of the Michelin group can't get stock.

ATS had stock last week, I was just too slow. 

Mailed Michelin UK CS last night I'll update if they come back. 

Also checked a few sites around europe and they have plenty of stock, so they don't appear to be discontinued, just not available here. 

@Spock66 dont really need them now, only done 6k from new. But the cc2’s are great and i get a bit nervous on summer tyres when i’m in snow. Dont see the point of spending a ton of cash on the car only to drop it for approx £900 worth of rubber. 

In other news, Michelin have just come back to me. The cc2 in that size is expected back in stock in Feb 2024. Looks like i’ll wait until then and take my crv out when it snows. 

1 hour ago, fezman said:

@Spock66 dont really need them now, only done 6k from new. But the cc2’s are great and i get a bit nervous on summer tyres when i’m in snow. Dont see the point of spending a ton of cash on the car only to drop it for approx £900 worth of rubber. 

In other news, Michelin have just come back to me. The cc2 in that size is expected back in stock in Feb 2024. Looks like i’ll wait until then and take my crv out when it snows. 

Funnily enough I have just picked up my RX after it's service at MK Lexus and while I was there I enquired if they could get the CC2 tyres.  When Andrew checked he was told they would not be available until 1st Feb 2024 so hope it doesn't snow until then. 😜

• 4 weeks later...

@Cypry 1 I guess the 2010 rx is on 18’s or 19’s? Its the 20” ones that were not available. 

Well it looks like the cc2 are back in stock at ATS. So looks like me finding £900. 

Anybody wanna buy the dunlops with 7.5k miles on them - £200 for the 4, collected from S72? 

• Like 1

I order CC2’s today and being fitted before Friday. The RZ has 255x45x20” rears and 235x50x20 fronts. I ordered using a local tyre dealer I have used for years - if you find the size you want on the Michelin site it takes you to Blackcircles that then offers local tyre fitters. Good price too as they are giving 10% off with the code Jan10. 
https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-crossclimate-2

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links