Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many lc500 convertible cars are in the uk

Brian newman

Not many! There’s only been the standard LC500, the Sport +, and the Regatta that were convertible I think? No hybrids as the Battery won’t fit. I’ve seen the odd car registered in 2020 but I reckon they were mostly demos or for the press, first deliveries being late on in 2020. There are definitely many more 21 plates.

Looking at the above link, for petrol there are only 303 taxed in total since 2017, but no way to segregate softtops. New registrations inc hybrids for all of 2020 to now are 158 inc coupes and hybrids. Then narrow it down on new regs for Sport + and so on and guess at the conv/coupe split. I’d guess the convertible was at least as popular for 2021 onwards as the hardtop… possibly more so… so my uneducated guess is no more than 50-60 cars in the UK.

Autotrader has 11 convertibles for sale right now - that’s loads more than ever before. Cheapest is GU70PYL at 75k which has been driven by every journalist in the western hemisphere from looking at YouTube. Then there’s three new/nearly new 2023 touchscreen cars at 99k to 115k. There were at most 3-4 cars available in February when I bought mine - a sign of the changes in the used car market there I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eightk said:

There’s only been the standard LC500, the Sport +, and the Regatta that were convertible I think?

Ultimate Edition, Hokkaido Edition and Black Inspiration were also available as convertibles.

50 to 60 cars is probably about right. The hybrid sales have really slowed in the last 3 years so it is really just the split between V8 hard and soft tops to try and work out - strange that the DVLA aren't categorising them separately. 

• Like 2

Actually it’s Regatta Inspiration I’m thinking of - eg that lovely dark blue with white leather one on here.

A lot of the data doesn’t make sense but it does suggest they’re all incredibly rare, even the standard cars like mine.

Good point on the other limited editions, rarer still - 

Regatta Insp - 8 so far, maybe excluding that blue one in Cardiff with 10 miles on it. How many are convertible? Maybe 6-7?!

Black Inspiration - 10 - again maybe half are convertible? I’ve never seen a convertible one for sale.

Hokkaido - 4. Never seen one, coupe or conv.

Ultimate edition - zero. Production started September but it’s anyone’s guess if any came to the UK.

End of an era.

I must admit, convertibles aren't really my thing, but in this colour combo, it certainly looks pretty special.

Will be interesting to see what happens with residuals in the years to come with the very low numbers built. I mean, just look at the BMW Z8, a car nowhere near as good in any way.

Image 5 of 32

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 7:04 PM, Dingle Dell said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with residuals in the years to come with the very low numbers built. I mean, just look at the BMW Z8, a car nowhere near as good in any way.

Interesting comment and so it would seem there was something like 148 registered cars of which there are now between 100 to 110 either on the road or Sorned. It seems those that are currently on sale are in or around the £200k mark, not bad for a car that the motoring press never regarded as anything particularly special, albeit I wouldn't say no.

Now they’ve stopped importing it’s quite an interesting topic - with only around 300 LC in the country with a normally aspirated Euro 6 compliant V8 maybe it could be a candidate for a collectible modern classic in the future. It’s a futureproof modern classic - Euro 6 petrols won’t get hounded out of our cities for decades yet. Right? Right?!
A lot of the Americans on the clublexus forums seem convinced it’ll be a classic at some point, and they can still order them.

The Z8 was lower volume and the James Bond connection maybe helped cement its classic status, but hey, we’ve got Black Panther?

As it is, spotting any LC in the wild is an event, regardless of roof or propulsion. They don’t make em like they used to 😂

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 7:04 PM, Dingle Dell said:

I must admit, convertibles aren't really my thing, but in this colour combo, it certainly looks pretty special.

Image 5 of 32

With the exception of the awful colour scheme on the once beautiful wheels....

On 1/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, Brian R said:

Interesting comment and so it would seem there was something like 148 registered cars of which there are now between 100 to 110 either on the road or Sorned. It seems those that are currently on sale are in or around the £200k mark, not bad for a car that the motoring press never regarded as anything particularly special, albeit I wouldn't say no.

I hope they don’t go like that any time soon, LC500 convertible is one of a few cars I’m considering next!  Need to price to drop a little bit yet…

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:32 PM, whereoncewaswonder said:

Hopefully, there'll be one more soon. According to the app, my CV is currently on the boat from Japan. Likely to be one of the last in the country by the looks of it!

Good choice! What colours have you gone for? 

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I hope they don’t go like that any time soon, LC500 convertible is one of a few cars I’m considering next!  Need to price to drop a little bit yet…

I think earlier convertibles have dropped ten grand since I bought a year ago, with maybe a little more to go… but summers coming so who knows! Find me another non turbod V8 convertible with a ten year warranty that sounds, looks and is built like this! Do it!

16 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Get in line....  😁

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2023 at 12:42 PM, eightk said:

Good point on the other limited editions, rarer still - 

Hokkaido - 4. Never seen one, coupe or conv.

A nearly new one of these has come up for sale at Canterbury, my local dealer, just now. 

https://www.steveneagell.co.uk/lexus/pre-owned/17262567-lexus-lc-5.0 v8 hokkaido edition auto euro 6 2dr/

On 1/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, eightk said:

Good choice! What colours have you gone for? 

The classic green and tan, with tan roof. I also convinced them to change the wheels from the new reversed chrome and black wheels to these lovely new multispokes which are officially only available on the sport plus coupes.

aedf45b80fc04d8cb4c46b3666401e9c.thumb.jpg.b5991e68156fd9b3959d8f64b9255225.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 5:53 PM, whereoncewaswonder said:

The classic green and tan, with tan roof. I also convinced them to change the wheels from the new reversed chrome and black wheels to these lovely new multispokes which are officially only available on the sport plus coupes.

That’ll be stunning. The green is awesome in the sun. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links