Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Valuation Autotrader

On checking Autotrader this morning for the latest valuation for my ISF instead of a price for my car this is what I read the reason there is no valuation for your car is because it's over 10 years old and UNUSUAL 🤣🤣

I think prices for an IsF will remain stable. There is talk of used cars going down in price and it certainly seems that way for IS300h and IS200t and other "ordinary" cars, even those electric things USx, UXs NUxs  and Nxs or whatever they are, 2nd hand prices dropping like a stone.

But the IsF is rather special and values should stay stable. Even after 2030 when gov't interference finally takes a toll.  Just look at some of the current stupid prices for classic muscle cars on TV with Wayne Carini 's program, whatever it is called. Dodge Chargers, Camaro SS etc you could not give away at one time, going for over £100K, and they aren't anything like as fast or good quality as an ISf.

My dilemma is; do I use it as an everyday car and put 6000 miles a year on it - not to mention the salt in winter or do I keep the 200t as the everyday car and keep the isF for summer days out and the mileage below 1500 per annum?

I would welcome opinions.

BTW without checking the spec  I would guess at £25K, maybe a touch more if someone really wants it, for a 2011 in good nick Lexus FSH, under 80K miles maybe etc. Just my thoughts....

It’s all crystal ball stuff.

I guess it’s fair to say that an ISF isn’t going to be impacted as much as the electric brigade, but in the current market, I’m of the opinion that prices will get sucked down by everything else.

It’s always difficult to value an ISF. The market for them is so small. 95% of buyers will walk straight past and into the arms of an M3, C63 or RS4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMB said:

BTW without checking the spec  I would guess at £25K, maybe a touch more if someone really wants it, for a 2011 in good nick Lexus FSH, under 80K miles maybe etc. Just my thoughts....

Not a chance. 

You can import them from Japan for a lot less. 110,000 miles 2008 ISF sold the other week for 700,000Yen which equals to about £9k with registration & import charges to the UK.

2012 Facelift with 40,000 miles sold for 2mil yen = ~£19k on the road..

If anyone is looking for an ISF,I'd recommend getting in touch with some reputable companies that import cars in the UK. Harlow Jap Autos, Torque GT, Just-Jap Imports etc.

6 minutes ago, H3XME said:

ou can import them from Japan for a lot less. 110,000 miles 2008 ISF sold the other week for 700,000Yen which equals to about £9k with registration & import charges to the UK.

I find that hard to believe based on what I have been googling.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

Some on autotrader UK seem to have been sold at around the £25K mark.   Also don't forget that some IsF cars are not really IsFs when you look closely.

image.thumb.png.683afa92cbe292baaaa79706f43d79f1.png

image.thumb.png.f4126e19f44401f9e32b54da184740ab.png

6 minutes ago, GMB said:

I find that hard to believe based on what I have been googling.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

Some on autotrader UK seem to have been sold at around the £25K mark.   Also don't forget that some IsF cars are not really IsFs when you look closely.

image.thumb.png.683afa92cbe292baaaa79706f43d79f1.png

image.thumb.png.f4126e19f44401f9e32b54da184740ab.png

I’m looking at auction prices. Beforward is inflated as they want to make some profit on them too but here’s two. 
https://sp.beforward.jp/lexus/is-f/bp288479/id/5718371/

https://sp.beforward.jp/lexus/is-f/br020058/id/6418516/

add 35% on top of the figure to get uk registered price

• Thanks 1

If any of you have a BCA account there is a 2011 ISF with reg GV11OCA just under 60k miles. I cannot see the price as private member, but they have a buy it now price for traders. Can someone share it so we know how much they want to trade it for? 

6 minutes ago, H3XME said:

’m looking at auction prices. Beforward is inflated as they want to make some profit on them too but here’s two. 
https://sp.beforward.jp/lexus/is-f/bp288479/id/5718371/

https://sp.beforward.jp/lexus/is-f/br020058/id/6418516/

Wow, that's pretty good value. I wonder if there are some problems with it/them. Not a lot of info available.

Certainly worth knowing.

4 minutes ago, GMB said:

Wow, that's pretty good value. I wonder if there are some problems with it/them. Not a lot of info available.

Certainly worth knowing.

Something to ask when equiring. They have a good reputation to be honest. And most if not all cars listed are ex auction vehicles so should come with auction grade sheets too. Generally speaking cars in Japan are kept in better condition than here

As a rule I would add that to any car from Japan you need to add around £4000 fees to get it to UK. Then on top of that is 35% mentioned before. 
Example: For a car itself that you pay £10000 in Japan, can expect £17000-£18000 price on the road in UK depending on few small factors that is why is never an exact amount unless you are a trader and have everything repeatable. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

As a rule I would add that to any car from Japan you need to add around £4000 fees to get it to UK. Then on top of that is 35% mentioned before. 
Example: For a car itself that you pay £10000 in Japan, can expect £17000-£18000 price on the road in UK depending on few small factors that is why is never an exact amount unless you are a trader and have everything repeatable. 

Quoted prices above include insurance and shipping. Therefore $11,000 = £8750 + ~35% on top. = ~£12k landed. Dock release fee is less than £100, MOT £50. It only costs a bit more if you need IVA for cars newer than 10 years. 

Well I had to pay to company bidding and sending my car as follows: 

auction fee ¥20000

netotiation fee ¥10000

document processing ¥45000

port charges ¥25000

inland ¥35000

post ¥11500

company fee ¥85000

storage ¥30000

insurance ¥40000

freight ¥348000

So total except car price is ¥646000 ~ £3600 

Also Barclays charged me at least 2.5% for 2 money transfers which gave around £380 (all I transferred to them).

That’s why I said around £4000 is total to leave before car arrives in UK.

I only bought one car for myself so if you can see some dodgy practises here please tell me. Maybe they charged me more than they should I don’t know…

Judging by that long list there's a lot of parasitic companies out there feeding off our hard earned cash. Barclays included. BTW I use Revolut for international money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

Well I had to pay to company bidding and sending my car as follows: 

auction fee ¥20000

netotiation fee ¥10000

document processing ¥45000

port charges ¥25000

inland ¥35000

post ¥11500

company fee ¥85000

storage ¥30000

insurance ¥40000

freight ¥348000

So total except car price is ¥646000 ~ £3600 

Also Barclays charged me at least 2.5% for 2 money transfers which gave around £380 (all I transferred to them).

That’s why I said around £4000 is total to leave before car arrives in UK.

I only bought one car for myself so if you can see some dodgy practises here please tell me. Maybe they charged me more than they should I don’t know…

it goes like the below snippet of an email I got from a company in the uk.
so if they win an ISF on the auctions for ¥1mil for you, it’ll cost you about £11k by the time you put plates on it. 

IMG_2285.jpeg

11 hours ago, H3XME said:

ISF on the auctions for ¥1mil for you

I think a good one might be more like  3 million Yen plus  ( £16.5K ). Based on your email estimates - Add all the charges plus the higher insurance costs plus the uncertainty of the Japanese spec and conversion where possible and you are not far from a UK price of about £23K. Not to mention the reduced resale price if applicable.

I think I would go for the UK one and keep things simple.

As mentioned before some are advertised as IsF but are not.

Look at the dodgy car in the list No21 second one down 2021 =impossible??.

This is the typical price range below from a different supplier

• Brand: Lexus, IS F
  • Price Range: $19,897 - $27,287
  • Offer Count: 7
  • PHOTO MODEL YEAR KM
    20 -20% Lexus IS F CFJ8921625 Like this car ... 2009 Jan 23,600 km
    21 Lexus IS F CFJ9169951 Like this car ... 2021 May 79,000 km
    21 Lexus IS F CFJ9252979 Like this car ... 2009 Jun 150,000 km
    21 Lexus IS F CFJ9231765 Like this car ... 2008 Sep 99,000 km

Here's a typical good looking one . Look how clean and rust free underneath. And, Look at the price not including export taxes

image.thumb.png.212013b5d4297cdc0b00067385c56fb3.png

@GMB

Why would you be buying a car from websites like that? I already said, most of those cars come from auctions, get bought by companies like BeForward, TCV etc. and sold onto to a person such as yourself who doesn't want / know how to buy off auctions.. you are getting the same car though, you're just paying more for it.

"2021" IS-F.. typos happen. It's obviously not a 2021, but if you look at the car you can tell it's an IS-F.

Look at the auction results I've attached.

White 2008 IS-F: Sold in November. Grade 4, 68,000miles, sold for £7600. Price on the road in the UK> ~£14-15k (This includes all costs associated with the car) 

Blue 2008 IS-F: Sold end of October. Grade 3.5, 105,000miles, sold for £3900. Price on the road in the UK> ~£9-10k (This includes all costs associated with the car) 

Black 2008 IS-F: Sold in October. Grade 4.5 (pristine), 49,000miles, sold for £11,300. Price on the road in the UK> ~£19-20k.

White 2010 Facelift: Sold last week: Grade 4, 37,000miles, sold for £11,300. Price on the road in the UK> ~£19-20k just like the black one above.

It's this simple, there's no need to argue over this. Your car supermarket charges more because they want to make money. Auctions are cheaper because they're a free for all. It's exactly the same as in the UK. You can go to an auction and buy cars cheaper, or you go to a garage..

11.11.ISF.png

28.10.ISF.png

18.10.ISF.png

07.12.ISF.png

• Like 1

This is getting really boring now.

1 hour ago, H3XME said:

and sold onto to a person such as yourself who doesn't want / know how to buy off auctions

Funny!

I don't even want one. I've got one. I was just curious about these very low prices.

Byeeee!

• Haha 1

Thanks for the nice acknowledgement I was beginning to think you did not like me.🥰

The last time I was at an auction I bought a Magnum of Chateau Lafite 1970 for £30!!! It came from a recently deceased gentleman's cellar and his family did not appreciate wine. Obviously no-one else in the room knew what it was. Sold it a few years later for about £250. I have just checked current prices about £1000. That's not a particularly good price because it is likely past its best.:wine:

An example of UK rip off prices may explain the different second hand Lexus pricing? -

New Ford Mustang GT 5.0 list price in USA - 38,000 dollars =  approx £30,000 pounds.

List price in UK for the same car -  £52,000. 

Who's kidding whom; is it Ford, is it UK taxes, is it just market forces?   Beats me.

Buy one

Drive it

Enjoy it

Look after it and maintain it well, repair it when it needs it.

Life's to short to have a nice car sat on the drive and not using it because you are worrying about ruining it's potential future value 

• Like 5

Just to let you know about this 2011 ISF I mentioned on BCA auctions. 42 days ago they valued it at £17650 and today I would get only £16100 for exactly the same carAs secretly expected, traders know something it’s coming… 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links