Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service mileage discrepancy

A bit miffed about a fairly decent discrepancy in the mileage marked on my service booklet and itemised service receipt issued by Lexus .

Service booklet is stamped as service done at 154875km. Itemised receipt states service done at 92925 miles which is 149548km. 

Lexus Relax warranty email states ensure car is returned for next service by 164516km which is only 10 000km interval .

Lexus Service department are not much help to be honest , they are just interested in booking the car in for a service .

Disappointed to say the least and a bit alarming that there is such a discrepancy from the service team.

Anyone experience of this?

13 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Have you tried raising this with the garage concerned, or do you use the call centre?

Raised with the lexus dealer concerned but to be honest slow at replying as I think they now realise the mistake .

Hopefully they can resolve

• Like 1

Lexus Service really not impressing me now .:(

They claim the ECU Read 92925 miles when I initially dropped the car in for its serviced . This is also printed on the doc they gave me.

I just checked the Hybrid Health re check paper work which I had done 5 weeks after the initial service and it states 97235 miles. ( lexus asked me to drive the car for 500 miles to re do hybrid health check )

So in 5 weeks I put up 4000 plus miles .!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but this dealership is taking the micky . 

I think it'd help a lot more if it was clear what the discrepancy was. 

How many miles are on the vehicle right now?

How many miles were on it when serviced? 

Do you feel the discrepancy is with the mileage at the service or the mileage at the hybrid healthcheck?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

101 070 miles on car now .

Service done at 96234 miles and this is stamped in service booklet. 

Service receipt I was given on the day of the service states the mileage is 92925miles which I was told was obtained from the ECU 

Hybrid health re check done 5 weeks later states the mileage is 97253 which I was told was obtained from the ECU

Discrepancy is the huge difference between what the service technicians documented on the service booklet, the service due again sticker on my door and mileage printed on the service receipt. 

Lexus rang me this eve and asked me to drop the car back in to have the ECU re scanned and try and rectify the problem . I appreciated the phone call but they offered no explanation as to why this happened 

A corrupt ECU sounds a bit odd to have and hopefully it’s only causing mileage reading issues

However to ask Lexus “ why” is maybe expecting too much from mere mortals ……. sounds very technical and exceptional electronic wizardry related ……. p’raps a replacement ECU might be the end result …… at Lexus cost of course if you’re still under their Warranty ( hopes ) 

Good luck

Malc 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

A corrupt ECU sounds a bit odd to have and hopefully it’s only causing mileage reading issues

However to ask Lexus “ why” is maybe expecting too much from mere mortals ……. sounds very technical and exceptional electronic wizardry related ……. p’raps a replacement ECU might be the end result …… at Lexus cost of course if you’re still under their Warranty ( hopes ) 

Good luck

Malc 

No symptoms of any ECU issues over the last 2 years . Car has been flawless to be honest .

I just found it very odd that the service technician could see the mileage on the clock visually as 96234 miles  and stamped that in the booklet, yet the Service report I received back when paying said 92925miles and the Hybrid Health re rest 5 weeks later had 97253miles on the report 

• Confused 1

All very odd and likely a typo on the service receipt. Bit difficult to get that disproved. 

Also probably doesnt matter much in the grand scheme of things although I would probably push it anyway and see what happens

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rayaans said:

All very odd and likely a typo on the service receipt. Bit difficult to get that disproved. 

Also probably doesnt matter much in the grand scheme of things although I would probably push it anyway and see what happens

Might not matter much in the grand scheme of things but my Lexus Relax Warranty is governed by incorrect mileage 😞 . The email I received from Lexus Relax about returning my car for its next service to keep the Warranty cover is 15000kms from the the mileage printed on the service sheet .

Not the mileage stamped in the service  book .

So I now have to return the car 5300kms early for a service to keep Lexus Relax warranty cover on the car

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

might the ridiculous discrepancies be simply a result of being in both miles and kms  ?   sort of about there maybe !

Malc

I thought the same initially.  

A few kms here and there maybe but not a couple thousand:(

17 hours ago, Colinb623 said:

I thought the same initially.  

A few kms here and there maybe but not a couple thousand:(

Yep thats going to be a tough one to sort out because there's no way to prove either way. 

If you do more than 15K miles in a year it doesnt matter though because you'd need to service it before the date regardless. 

You could try fighting against Lexus UK and the dealership, alternatively present your car earlier for servicing / just take the risk for a few thousand km

• Thanks 1

Or just place the onus on a Lexus Main Dealer to affirm thru the Head Office maybe that Lexus have initiated the “ errors” and All Liability rests with Lexus for any potential Warranty timing/mileage/kms issues arising 

I would tell them that this is so serious a solicitor might have to be involved in the event of a Warranty Claim being set aside 

They can nip it in the bud right now by sorting it out …… in your favour of course 

Good luck

Malc 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the replies .

Lexus have asked me to drop the car in for a re scan of the ECU to see what mileage is showing and Is the ECU faulty .  The ECU is not faulty in my eyes,  it was a mistake on their behalf .

I will be bringing all my relevant paper work to ensure the Relax warranty coverage is adjusted accordingly 👌 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links