Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passenger Airbag Recall

Glyn Jennings

I was unable to check whether this had been done on my 2004 car. The Government site says there are no outstanding recalls on the car and the Lexus Website didn’t recognise my VIN number so to check with a dealer.  I did this yesterday and there is no record on the system it having being done so it is now booked in for the 18th January.

Not sure if they will pick up on the TPMS being discontinued due to the new wheels not allowing sensors to be fitted. Also I have wrapped the wood panel they need to remove to fit the new part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I was unable to check whether this had been done on my 2004 car. The Government site says there are no outstanding recalls on the car and the Lexus Website didn’t recognise my VIN number so to check with a dealer.  I did this yesterday and there is no record on the system it having being done so it is now booked in for the 18th January.

Not sure if they will pick up on the TPMS being discontinued due to the new wheels not allowing sensors to be fitted. Also I have wrapped the wood panel they need to remove to fit the new part.

They should be fine with all of that. I had two different master techs do my recalls and it all went okay despite all of the hifi and stuff. On the first recall they also fixed a slight squeak on the steering wheel. First recall went to Guildford and the second was at Gatwick.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

The Lexus website is rubbish, I took my last car in to get the airbag done ..yet their website says it’s still an outstanding recall 🙄

my new SC430 has a Lexus recipe to say it’s been done 👍🏻

48 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Then the work has been done or it wasn't part of the recall.

The dealer said their online system has no record of it being done and as there is a recall listed that is why they have booked it in.  

The car was bought in 2004 and only had one service at Lexus in 2005 and not seen again by Lexus until 2021 so I doubt it was ever done.

On my 2006 Honda Legend a completely new Air Bag Recall was issued about 3 years ago ( at @120k miles ) …… I booked it into Honda who hadn’t seen the car since 2016 from the prior owner I bought the car from  ….. seamless and free job done ! 

Im guessing Honda got my contact details from the DVLA ? 

Air Bags were often generic and supplied to many Marques …… your car might be within this same Recall 🤔

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links