Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

Meanwhile despite a so called " line of interested buyers " the one in Shipley is still on Autotrader ! So Gary if you can get over there on the 30th you could slap a reserve on 3 days prior.

I have never used the reserve facility before ,but I like it especially if you are travelling to view and don't want to get there just to be told it's gone. No downside per se. As soon as I said I would not be buying the dealer cancelled my reserve and two days later autotrader sent the £99 back to my account. Pretty efficient.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Meanwhile despite a so called " line of interested buyers " the one in Shipley is still on Autotrader ! So Gary if you can get over there on the 30th you could slap a reserve on 3 days prior.

I have never used the reserve facility before ,but I like it especially if you are travelling to view and don't want to get there just to be told it's gone. No downside per se. As soon as I said I would not be buying the dealer cancelled my reserve and two days later autotrader sent the £99 back to my account. Pretty efficient.

Classic dealer pitter patter…."customers queuing around the corner to buy it " 😁😁

That o/s headlamp bothers me, to discoloured to be polished , did track down a used one for £400 +p&p….sadly it all adds to the price of the car ☹️

48 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Classic dealer pitter patter…."customers queuing around the corner to buy it " 😁😁

That o/s headlamp bothers me, to discoloured to be polished , did track down a used one for £400 +p&p….sadly it all adds to the price of the car ☹️

The headlight was on notes. Trouble is there was no way to test if it would restore, or need replacing.

To be frank I just might have been tempted by that colourway, but problem is I compare everything to what I have got and they come up short. Hence, I moved my aim to a completely different model of car where the differences can be appreciated rather than critiqued.

9 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

The headlight was on notes. Trouble is there was no way to test if it would restore, or need replacing.

To be frank I just might have been tempted by that colourway, but problem is I compare everything to what I have got and they come up short. Hence, I moved my aim to a completely different model of car where the differences can be appreciated rather than critiqued.

that super EV beckons then  .......  that Milk Float again 😇

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

that super EV beckons then  .......  that Milk Float again 😇

Malc

Now actually there's a funny story there. I keep driving over to my daughters new house passing along the way this place where the guy is obviously an old truck enthusiast. Remember the old open backed coal wagons and drays with real character front ends ? Renovated up in chrome and lovely maroon ,or forest green colours they look so good it's a real eye opener just how they can be restored to head turning appeal.

Not sure I fancy touring the continent in one, but just for interest of ownership who knows. Drawback is given I still struggle to find the oil dipstick I may lack the skillset to maintain.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

and all that polishing the brass and chrome too ……

Malc 

That could be the perfect holiday for me as one might expect for the founding member of The Boring Mens Club.

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Remember the old open backed coal wagons and drays with real character front ends ? Renovated up in chrome and lovely maroon ,or forest green colours they look so good it's a real eye opener just how they can be restored to head turning appeal.

Now there's boring and there's BOOORing.     --  You're Fired!   

Signed: Elected President of the Boring Mens Club.

You can be re-instated when you submit a boring story that meets our normal standards i.e. Wine, Old Lexus cars that are not electric, Sad old music that nobody liked even all those years ago, Second hand bangers with SC in the name.

• Haha 1

Forgot to add: Tyres, Batteries and especially how far my boring electric car will go after charging up in winter using 3 x AAA batteries.

1 minute ago, Mossypossy said:

..and dehumidifiers?

Dehumidifiers are a borderline case. It depends how much you go on about it and how much unwanted technical detail is in it.

The dehumidifier facts must be boring but not excessively so as we need to keep some perspective on the quality of our scribblings.

BTW Did I tell you that we bought one and it took about 4 pints of water out of the air.     Trouble is that there is a lot of air about ( fortunately ). It used lots of electricity and it was .............yawn    ......snore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Trouble is that there is a lot of air about (

and an enormous amount of " hot air " too  ................ 

so does anyone here know anything about how electric Milk Floats run ?   did they perfect the necessary electric batteries ?

Malc

5 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Now actually there's a funny story there. I keep driving over to my daughters new house passing along the way this place where the guy is obviously an old truck enthusiast. Remember the old open backed coal wagons and drays with real character front ends ? Renovated up in chrome and lovely maroon ,or forest green colours they look so good it's a real eye opener just how they can be restored to head turning appeal.

Not sure I fancy touring the continent in one, but just for interest of ownership who knows. Drawback is given I still struggle to find the oil dipstick I may lack the skillset to maintain.

I find it rather annoying that I had to renew my driving license at 70 years old and need to renew every 3 years but it is free. The annoying bit is they automatically remove the categories to drive a mini bus or a vehicle over a certain weight ie a large van. If I want those reinstated I have to have a private medical assessment carried out. That with the fact that insurance companies hike the price of insurance for older drivers seems very unfair. As for holiday insurance lets not go there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I find it rather annoying that I had to renew my driving license at 70 years old and need to renew every 3 years but it is free. The annoying bit is they automatically remove the categories to drive a mini bus or a vehicle over a certain weight ie a large van. If I want those reinstated I have to have a private medical assessment carried out. That with the fact that insurance companies hike the price of insurance for older drivers seems very unfair. As for holiday insurance lets not go there.

Holiday insce.  Just have the appropriate Nationwide Bank account ….. 👍

20 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Yup us too.

Didn't know that about exclusions at 70. Guess that screws the milk float. Bet by the time you get to 85 everything but a zimmerframe is excluded.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Yup us too.

Didn't know that about exclusions at 70. Guess that screws the milk float. Bet by the time you get to 85 everything but a zimmerframe is excluded.

Hopefully we’ll find out eh ! 

Malc 

19 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Hopefully we’ll find out eh ! 

Malc 

I am practicing drinking carmenere from a glass upside down. Day before zimmerframe qualification me, big cliff , long drop, two gulps to impact and its game over.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I have the nationwide Flexplus account but once you get to 70 it is £50 each on top of the £13 per month. I also have high blood pressure and asthma which is another £60. So that is another £160 on top of the monthly fee. No fun being old financially.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I am practicing drinking carmenere from a glass upside down. Day before zimmerframe qualification me, big cliff , long drop, two gulps to impact and its game over.

if you remember 😂

Malc 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I have the nationwide Flexplus account but once you get to 70 it is £50 each on top of the £13 per month. I also have high blood pressure and asthma which is another £60. So that is another £160 on top of the monthly fee. No fun being old financially.

It’s BRILLIANT being old financially …… the alternative is …….. being miserable and tiresome, a pain in the arse and not being HAPPY ……. NOW that really ain’t good …… just wake up every morning and be happy and satisfied with all you have …… it’s often a lot more than many others for sure 

Malc 

25 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

It’s BRILLIANT being old financially …… the alternative is …….. being miserable and tiresome, a pain in the arse and not being HAPPY ……. NOW that really ain’t good …… just wake up every morning and be happy and satisfied with all you have …… it’s often a lot more than many others for sure 

Malc 

I know I moan about costs just because I am old but I agree. I have never been rich but all my life I paid a lot into a pension fund while paying into SSP and SERP’s as well so have no financial issues and content will what I have so I do feel very privileged.  Just waiting for the sun to get the roof down on the SC.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links