Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

Could be the gods are smiling on you Gary if you have got over your jetlag.

This very desireable colourway blue/ecru arrived on autotrader today and it's near enough for you to look at.

Internally it looks cleaner on the leatherwork than the one at Shipley. More miles on the clock, but priced right for it and those miles are not enough on a V8 to cause any sleepless nights. The MOT history makes it worth a look as there is no mention of the dreaded corrosion other than on coils one of which will have been replaced to pass it's last mot. The other is on advisory, but given it will need a new 12mths mot (see they have given it a 12mths mot too recent to be on totalcarcheck so look at advisories) from the garage you could make the coil work conditional on sale. I can't see the make of the tyres so need a closer look as will the cambelt/pump, and the other usual suspects. Hold the horses the cambelt/pump has been done whereas the one in Shipley may well need to be done given there is no evidence of it being done previously. That there is worth approx. £600 plus(ish).

Other than it's a 2004 preface lift I am pretty sure our other friends who bought this colourway would have been having a look at this one. Personally the preface lift I have makes me biased a  little because I love it's appeal.

2004 Blue Lexus SC 4.3 430 2dr for sale for £6,000 in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire (autotrader.co.uk)

Worth a look for sure. Corrosion has been mentioned on several of the previous mot’s ..springs, exhaust tailpipes, exhaust heat shield ..so a good look underneath is essential 👍🏻

52 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Worth a look for sure. Corrosion has been mentioned on several of the previous mot’s ..springs, exhaust tailpipes, exhaust heat shield ..so a good look underneath is essential 👍🏻

Actually Bob corrosion is really mentioned for the coils and tail pipes all of which are either already replaced ,or could be replaced conditional on sale. None are what I really worrry about when I think corrosion. The heat shield was loose not corroded.

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Actually Bob corrosion is really mentioned for the coils and tail pipes all of which are either already replaced ,or could be replaced conditional on sale. None are what I really worrry about when I think corrosion. The heat shield was loose not corroded.

From past experience the exhaust shield becomes loose as the corrosion around the mounting bolt becomes bigger than the bolt head . Fitting a penny washer fixes the problem .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bob King said:

From past experience the exhaust shield becomes loose as the corrosion around the mounting bolt becomes bigger than the bolt head . Fitting a penny washer fixes the problem .

And I bow to the fact you have forgotten more about cars than I know. Speaking of which what say you the cost per corner for a coil on that car?

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

And I bow to the fact you have forgotten more about cars than I know. Speaking of which what say you the cost per corner for a coil on that car?

In my younger days I mot’ed 1000’s of cars over 20 year period and surface corrosion was popular on many of them,although seemed worse on Japanese cars .

Rusty suspension can look terrible to the eye yet still does what it’s supposed to do .

Used spring can be purchase from a guy on the Facebook group, I’m sure he has some with gloss paint on them still .

Or aftermarket shock/spring combination £600/700 mark .

i just have a feeling this car will have a rusty underside due to age and mileage …Gary needs to go have a look and give it a poke about 👍🏻

I’d also have reservations about the selling garage also being a mot station …or maybe I should just see the best in everyone 🤔😉😉

35 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Tiptronic?

Looks ok though. Only one letter different to my reg.

Could have been sold from the same dealer 👍🏻
price is a bit steep for a 135k car ☹️

Like you Bob, I view most things with suspicion. Guilty until proven innocent where cars and dealers are concerned.

I will take my screwdriver and see how many holes I can find underneath. The dealership itself gets some ropey reviews And a couple mention having an mot but finding things wrong a few days later.

Ill see what reaction I get when I ask to call the previous owner to ask about their period owning it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Tiptronic?

Looks ok though. Only one letter different to my reg.

Both registered the same day 07 March 2008 👍🏻👍🏻

Dealer salesman had a good bonus if he sold two that month 😉

I see the Shipley one is still sat there ! They might yet come to regret sticking an extra £1000 on the price tag.

28 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I see the Shipley one is still sat there ! They might yet come to regret sticking an extra £1000 on the price tag.

I guess they saw so much interest in it in a short space of time, greed took over !….now nobody’s wants it 🙄

Rather like the look of this SC430…rare to see the facelift in white with the biscuit interior and dark wood .

Just let down by the very faded headlamps. Gold badges are unusual and seem to compliment the white paintwork.

Not an over exaggerated price for year and mileage 👍🏻

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402046224344

32 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Rather like the look of this SC430…rare to see the facelift in white with the biscuit interior and dark wood .

Just let down by the very faded headlamps. Gold badges are unusual and seem to compliment the white paintwork.

Note an over exaggerated price for year and mileage 👍🏻

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402046224344

A rare colour. Looks quite nice but I think black or red interior would be better. I think the gold badges on white looks a bit tacky as well.

• Like 1

White, ok, rare in itself, but that colour interior with white would put me off. Add in the gold metalwork and it just amounts to a mishmash that is oddly unattractive. In my view, as I keep telling others.

I still think cream and maple is the perfect interior colour. This is the worst!

The white exterior is very smart though.

Has anyone got a facelift one with birds eye maple?

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

I still think cream and maple is the perfect interior colour. This is the worst!

The white exterior is very smart though.

Has anyone got a facelift one with birds eye maple?

Personally I don’t really like the birds eye maple which is why I wrapped mine. I may be wrong but I don’t it continued on to the face lift models.

51 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Personally I don’t really like the birds eye maple which is why I wrapped mine. I may be wrong but I don’t it continued on to the face lift models.

Yes maple was dropped on the facelift 👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links