Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

1 hour ago, Westrow3 said:

I've been lurking here for a few weeks as my Dad is on the hunt for an SC. Anyone had a look at this one in person? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202308231119312

Welcome to the forum 👍🏻

that’s the Kalahari dans one, believe the reg is YX07PVE.

One of the guys here did ring up about it, you’ll have to look back through this tread, unless anyone come on soon and remembers it .

1 minute ago, Bob King said:

Welcome to the forum 👍🏻

that’s the Kalahari dans one, believe the reg is YX07PVE.

One of the guys here did ring up about it, you’ll have to look back through this tread, unless anyone come on soon and remembers it .

Thanks, I'll do some scrolling! 

5 minutes ago, Westrow3 said:

Thanks, I'll do some scrolling! 

Mossypossy done a hpi check for this car on page one, he post up a link to the report 👍🏻

Says being sold by Rykar ….. coincidence then my 91 Ls400 has a front number plate by Rykar …… sold 8 years ago to a member here from whom I bought this great car a few months back 

Very low genuine 25k mileage then, on sale by Rykar in 2015 I’m thinking …… if my cars from them then that’s a positive factor maybe for you 🤔 

Malc 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I offered him £10k and he blanked me after that.🤪

That’s because you didn’t say please would you take 10k😉

33 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Another facelift car at a sensible price , black on black might not be everyone’s taste .

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402046230198

Pirelli tyres, no cheap budget stuff on this. Black on black colourway works for me albeit there's fair amount of compression on the drivers seta pad. Not stupidly priced either.

Beginning to like people are bringing them to market in time to attract early spring buyers. Of course the road tax hike coming up might be also be encouraging them.

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Read it will go up £35 (?) from £695pa.

£735 from April. A new set of cloned plates is about £30 so it pays to shop around.

First time I’ve ever set up a direct debit for my other car (3 door Rav4), tax is £395 a year, thought I’ll keep the money in my account for longer and just pay DVLA £34.50 a month .

Will do the Lexus the same way , that will be an extra £60 plus a month.. between  them that should be 3 pot holes sorted !!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

First time I’ve ever set up a direct debit for my other car (3 door Rav4), tax is £395 a year, thought I’ll keep the money in my account for longer and just pay DVLA £34.50 a month .

Will do the Lexus the same way , that will be an extra £60 plus a month.. between  them that should be 3 pot holes sorted !!

Yes ,but the £395pa adds another £19pa paying mthly and the £695 will have a similar premium. Hate to say it ,but the money being in your acct for longer will not add anywhere near enough interest to offset that.

Methinks worrying about marginal  levels of Road Tax and those peripheral compulsory costs ……. You should just buy the car, put it on  SORN and just drive it around your private driveway from time to time 🥵

Malc 

26 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Yes ,but the £395pa adds another £19pa paying mthly and the £695 will have a similar premium. Hate to say it ,but the money being in your acct for longer will not add anywhere near enough interest to offset that.

What ever it costs to run the SC430 is my personal indulgence ….can't take the money with me !

37 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

put it on  SORN

That's what I did (SORN) for the winter months. I will just be taxing and using it for 6 months in summer. Hopefully Kevin and I will earn a few extra bob outside Asda this month.

19 minutes ago, GMB said:

That's what I did (SORN) for the winter months. I will just be taxing and using it for 6 months in summer. Hopefully Kevin and I will earn a few extra bob outside Asda this month.

Xmas buskering was the best for sure 😂

Malc 

• Haha 2

Sad news...... This morning I had to take Kevin's back leg off, so now he only has three legs.  It was Stephen that gave me the idea. I am hoping that the sympathy factor will bring a few extra quid in from our spot outside Asda. On the bright side I have bought Kevin a new Denby bowl for his water and the Asda punters provide some good food for Kevin.  I don't get any, but maybe they don't like the look of me?

Portrait Of A Beggar With Dog Full Length On White Background Stock ...

21 minutes ago, GMB said:

Sad news...... This morning I had to take Kevin's back leg off, so now he only has three legs.  It was Stephen that gave me the idea. I am hoping that the sympathy factor will bring a few extra quid in from our spot outside Asda. On the bright side I have bought Kevin a new Denby bowl for his water and the Asda punters provide some good food for Kevin.  I don't get any, but maybe they don't like the look of me?

Portrait Of A Beggar With Dog Full Length On White Background Stock ...

Cold ground, what kind of undersealing do you recommend?

15 hours ago, Bob King said:

Has your dad looked at any yet 👍🏻

Just a local one to get a sense of it. The build quality was excellent despite the example being tatty the engine was so smooth but you'll already know that! Suffice to say he's committed to an acquisition sometime soon. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links