Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

2 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Seems to be perfectly priced.

Yes sensible money, and similar problems to other cars of that age , seats marked/stained, faded headlamps , curbed alloys .

plus cracked front n/plate housing .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Two things to remember when buying these.

No replacement for displacement.

Young steel seals the deal.

Better, do not overpay for low mileage that is irrelevant to a V8 that should outlast all of us at 5k pa.

Gary,

So you're a little way in how do you find the drive of the SC 430?

What wrinkles if any have you uncovered?

How about a few pics not in the advert. Preferably with cobbles. 😉

Hi Buddy. I’m loving it. I’ve not been well so only just starting to get out in it.

Full service completed including cam belt and pump.

Mechanic said it was a cracking car and very clean underneath.

Ill get some photos once the sun comes out.

Wrinkles: 1. Passenger memory buttons don’t work. 2. Headlamp washers broken. 3. Front grille had been painted body colour….. so I bought a salvage one which is very clean. Fitted that today.

Ive ordered the throttle controller which should be with me next week.

Oh and discovered why it sounded so sweet. Back box has been replaced with stainless pipes straight through. Perfect mix of sound without offending the neighbours.

I have a question for everyone…… On these wet roads, the front tyres feel like they’ll break away very easily….. Good tread on budget tyres but I don’t actually think they are the issue. It just feels very light  which it can’t be with that engine above them!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

According to this yes as HID lights are fitted. 

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/vosas-customer-service-centre-commonly-asked-questions/

It’s that old chestnut can’t fail  if not fitted, would need covers pulling off and blanked over with gaffer tape during mot test.

"Do HID headlamps require washers / self levellers?

Headlamp washing and levelling systems are a legal requirement for high intensity discharge (HID) lamps with a luminous intensity exceeding 2,000 lumens. But unless the luminous intensity is marked on the lamp, a tester won’t be able to tell if these systems are needed.

So, they can only be rejected if they are fitted and are inoperative or obviously defective. If they are missing and you believe they should be fitted, then pass and advise."

3 hours ago, Bob King said:

What’s the full name of the tyre I’ll look up its performance test 👍🏻

GT Radial SportActive

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

Wet weather is lacking ….

IMG_6620.jpeg

Cheers Bob. Probably ok for the summer but worth changing them before winter.

• Like 1

Is this requirement from a certain year onwards?
Reason I ask is that my 2004 MY Toyota Celsior has self levelling HIDs but no headlight washers yet no MOT problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Is this requirement from a certain year onwards?
Reason I ask is that my 2004 MY Toyota Celsior has self levelling HIDs but no headlight washers yet no MOT problems.

I think it will be down to whether or not they were fitted by the manufacturer or not.  If they were then they have to function as intended. I see the Celsior is a Japanese version of the LS400 so wouldn’t need to comply with UK regulations as it wasn’t intended for UK use.

7 hours ago, finchy40 said:

Cheers Bob. Probably ok for the summer but worth changing them before winter.

If the tyres have good tread then keep them ….just use half throttle when drifting it out of roundabouts 😉😉

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links