Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wipers clean

As its winter,

Question, do you clean your cars wipers blades?

I get a cloth with washing up liquid and warm water and take the wipers off and give the blades and the wipers a good clean, every few weeks.

If I am busy I will just get a wet tissue and just go over the blade.

I am using Bosch aero blades so they last a while. Also up here in North of England. UK. It can be rainy season most of the year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

I clean the wiper blades every time I clean the windscreen, which can be anything between 2-3 times a week. I also replace the blades at every service (12 months)

Brilliant that's how it should be done!

As well as tyres and brakes, clean and effective wipers are super important.

I do same as I dislike wipers that sort of smear the windscreen due to dirt,dust,salt etc accumulating on them lol 😳

• Like 1

I use Isopropyl Alchohol to clean blades (sometimes call Rubbing Alchohol) and also clean screen with it, mainly to remove the stubborn bits of road cr*p that gets kicked up, especially in summer when road works deposit tiny bits of tar (not usually visible), and also if I get behind a very dirty truck/bus in front kicking up cr*p or belching filthy fumes.

Keeping windscreen super clean helps recude micro-tears in rubber as well as making sure the blades do not pick up cr*p that sticks to them.

Actually must do my screen and blades this weekend as not done for a little while.

Sometimes I will also go over screen with some screen cleaner/detergent to give it a final clean

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I use Isopropyl Alchohol to clean blades (sometimes call Rubbing Alchohol) and also clean screen with it, mainly to remove the stubborn bits of road cr*p that gets kicked up, especially in summer when road works deposit tiny bits of tar (not usually visible), and also if I get behind a very dirty truck/bus in front kicking up cr*p or belching filthy fumes.

Keeping windscreen super clean helps recude micro-tears in rubber as well as making sure the blades do not pick up cr*p that sticks to them.

Actually must do my screen and blades this weekend as not done for a little while.

Sometimes I will also go over screen with some screen cleaner/detergent to give it a final clean

Cheers, that is quite thorough and may try that now

I clean them with neat windscreen washer fluid when they start streaking - usually lifts a lot of dirt off and they are fine again for a few months. I find the wiper blades (Lexus/Toyota ones on my Lexus and Toyota cars) usually last over 3 years and I tend to change then even though they are probably still working reasonably well still. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links