Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

Still avoiding Salamanca!!

Roads up to Madrid were bland and empty but managed a staggering average speed. 

Cruising at 110. Not prepared to say whether kmh or mph.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Current stats.

2559 miles

83 gallons

30.8mpg

It's like going back in time driving in mainland Europe. Still enjoyable. Driving in the UK is another matter.

• Like 1

Roads in Spain are still incredibly undulating and the curves on the motorways are sometimes a bit tight at speed.

Very glad I had all new shocks beforehand.

Another longish stint today to reach France.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Landed in the French Basque country.

Looks suspiciously like Wales to me

There is a lot of Welsh heritage in that part of the world - would you believe it?  It rains a lot there as well. 

iechyd da!  or is it On egin?

Word of advice. Do not lock your car keys in the boot whilst on holiday!

90 minutes later I was on my way again after breakdown man opened car door by squeezing metal rod thru door window.

Emergency boot release is under armrest glovebox btw.

Embarrassment mostly gone now!

• Sad 1

dreadful for you 🥵

I was under the clearly false impression that modern day cars would automatically NOT lock with keys in the boot 🤔

Ah, we usually keep the 2nd set of keys in gfs handbag hopefully also not locked in the car 

Well done only 90 mins climbing out of that mire 

Malc 

51 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Word of advice. Do not lock your car keys in the boot whilst on holiday!

90 minutes later I was on my way again after breakdown man opened car door by squeezing metal rod thru door window.

Emergency boot release is under armrest glovebox btw.

Embarrassment mostly gone now!

I did the same. Fortunately it was at home so the spare keys were to hand.

10 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Actually occurred pretty much next to a Toyota dealership who helpfully suggested we smash a window to access!!!

aaaaaggggghhhhh !

just remembering the idyll of the waterfront at Rouen .......... blissful a few years back ..  wonder if it's changed .  for the better !

Malc

7 hours ago, Malc1 said:

just remembering the idyll of the waterfront at Rouen .......... blissful a few years back ..  wonder if it's changed .  for the better !

Malc

I remember years ago we were in Rouen and my wife had the speciality of the region. The menu was in French, it turned out to be sheep’s foot. It was like a ball of elastic bands in a very strong garlic sauce. Revolting. What do the French do with all the good bits of an animal to eat. The specials always seem to be the rubbish bits.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links