Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

AVS suspensions NX 300h always working or only in Sport+ ?

Hello guys, I’m wondering if anyone knows if the AVS system in the Lexus NX 300h works in any selected mode (Eco, Normal, Sport) or only gets active in Sport +.

Let me know, thanks! 

Hi Andrew, it is normally only active in S+ mode, but you can make it active in Custom mode too if you wanted to use it, say in Normal mode without the increased throttle response etc. Custom mode is accessed by pressing the mode knob. HTH

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If anything like the RC300h or the RX450h then it's always active and adjusting to the road conditions and your driving style. When in S or S+ then it will firm up the suspension but it is always adjusting itself to control pitch and roll.

The Lexus AVS is far more accomplished than the AIRmatic was on my AMG 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys! Thanks for your replies, that’s exactly why I’d like to clarify how the system works. Some say it’s only in sport +, some in all modes.

Is there a way to be sure about it? 

Nothing found in the manual.

Thanks, 

1 hour ago, andrew-amazing said:

Hello guys! Thanks for your replies, that’s exactly why I’d like to clarify how the system works. Some say it’s only in sport +, some in all modes.

Nothing found in the manual.

Thanks, 

One can gain access to the Lexus tech docs on all the car's functions, for a small fee, by going to https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Default.aspx and creating a free account. Some information requires payment but there's lots of free access stuff as well.

The attached doc I downloaded for my 2016 RC300h and it details the control and operation of the AVS system. I can't believe the basic function would be that different model to model

ADAPTIVE VARIABLE SUSPENSION SYSTEM CONTROL ADAPTIVE VARIABLE SUSPENSION CONTROL.pdf

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andrew-amazing said:

Yes, it is active in all modes. Below is for the NX but it's the same for any Lexus with AVS - it is always active.

The AVS damping force control system consists of controls performed according to driving operations (vehicle speed sensing control, anti-dive control, anti-squat control and roll posture control) and controls performed according to road conditions( repercussion control/sprung speed proportional control, roughness sensing control and unsprung damping control).

The AVS system optimally controls the damping force through cooperative control together with the brake control system and pre-collision system.

A mode switching function is provided, which makes it possible to select the damping force control mode by performing drive mode select operations.

image.thumb.png.af433acb0368fc37e52edcacfad49793.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that's me told! I didn't realise this at all. Fascinating. I always thought it was a bit wasted unless you drove everywhere in S+... So, I must review what the Custom Mode setting screen says!
Also, that must mean that the F-Sport feels different to drive in even Normal mode to other NX trims...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links