Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

changing japanese import instrument cluster

Good afternoon

I have recently purchased a 2010 ls460 se japanese import. As the display is in kph I wonder whether i can use a scrapped uk instrument cluster to give me mph. There are a few on eBay for 2007 versions, Would it be a simple 'plug and play' or too complex a problem in which case may be forced to use a gps mph meter

I am hoping to upgrade the sound system I put in to my 430 and transfer to the 460 so the radio issue hopefully will be solved. The gps wont work apparently because it is set for japan only

any suggestions?

Roger

I’m very interested to follow this thread and wish you well 

My earlier thoughts last year to buy a Lexus Japanese import were thwarted when I couldn’t get to the bottom of removing all the Jap hieroglyphics, switches, absolutely everything Japanese to simple English and mph 

Good luck 

Malc 

19 minutes ago, docrog said:

Good afternoon

I have recently purchased a 2010 ls460 se japanese import. As the display is in kph I wonder whether i can use a scrapped uk instrument cluster to give me mph. There are a few on ebay for 2007 versions, Would it be a simple 'plug and play' or too complex a problem in which case may be forced to use a gps mph meter

I am hoping to upgrade the sound system I put in to my 430 and transfer to the 460 so the radio issue hopefully will be solved. The gps wont work apparently because it is set for japan only

any suggestions?

Roger

Leave the GPS off there is still a Mitchell bomber out there with a nuke unaccounted for and accidents happen.

• Like 2

Best thing so far is that if the parking sensors detect an obstruction, you have a sweet female japanese voice saying something presumably along the lines of 'watch out'! 

• Haha 1

Best thing so far is that if the parking sensors detect an obstruction, you have a sweet female japanese voice saying something presumably along the lines of 'watch out'! 

She is saying 'you want happy ending'?

• Haha 1

My son has a Subaru Legacy Jap import and I just rang him to ask his experience with this. Apparently they can be changed but the ECU can sometimes confuse the odometer readings and read kms as miles in some cases. If a UK model equivalent is available it can all be changed AT A PRICE.

Connections should in theory be the same or very similar but certain functions may not migrate completely.  He gave up on the idea due to unknown cost and possibility of success and puts up with the shortcomings as things were having a potential knock-on effect on the Audio and alarm and son on. If  a fixed price and known outcome were available he would have changed the lot as the Legacy is a very very good car for him..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links