Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Profile Cannot be synced

My second question of the evening, picked up my new UX 300e on Friday UK have searched the internet and cannot resolve this issue although it seems widespread.

The phone I use is an Iphone I’ve also deleted and reinstalled the Lexus app.

On the screen in the car if I try to add my password as requested it won’t accept it.

If I press cancel the pop up comes back on after a few seconds.

Thanks in advance 

19c75121-e3ef-4f78-8d9c-936fc4da6ee4.jpeg

No I couldn’t either so I called in Lexus Stockport.   It’s just the settings but it’s a convoluted process.   

• Like 1

Hi, I had the same issue with my car. The resolution was to uninstall the Lexus Link app and install the new Lexus Link + app. Apparently the older app is not supported. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Hi, many thanks for both answers, I went to Lexus Bolton today and it all seemed ok after they reset it up, although it did come up with the message once.

Then today I’m back to where I was, my profiles connected but still pops up asking me same thing, this throws me out of the screen I was on at the time, like my sat nav.

I’d already installed Lexus Plus app as it’s a new car so first time using it.  

If you google it there’s hundreds of people with this problem but no ones got a solution unfortunately.

Car goes back for a day on Thursday whilst they try to resolve everything so fingers crossed!! but def not holding my breath 🤪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Lisa, I had exactly the same problem on my UX, ended up changing my password to have no capitals on the Lexus app on my home computer then starting afresh in the car and it sorted it. Note that was on the pre-Lexus plus app. Worth a try?

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 4:30 PM, Navnan2 said:

Hi Lisa, I had exactly the same problem on my UX, ended up changing my password to have no capitals on the Lexus app on my home computer then starting afresh in the car and it sorted it. Note that was on the pre-Lexus plus app. Worth a try?

That solution worked for me on my NX however every time I use the remote climate feature I need to reset.😭

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone. I think it’s resolved now, I took to dealers and spent some time with the garage technician.  Deleted Lexus plus off phone and deleted everything off car.  Set up Lexus plus app with a simple password as others have mentioned only using @ as the symbol, no dashes £ signs etc just @ and I have used a capital letter too, then he reset the car.  When connecting he did choose apple play for me and also added Lexus in Bluetooth. All going well past few days.  He even set driver door to only open when I press unlock on key once (twice for rest of doors) as I didn’t want all 4 doors opening each time when I’m on my own and was unlocking.  No idea how that’s done but I’m happy with that.  One of the ongoing issues which they’re aware of is that if Lexus makes an announcement whilst you’re using apple play like a traffic announcement you can’t hear her voice even though it’s set to loud in the Lexus app. Hope everyone else gets these issues resolved ❤️

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My NX 450h+ has just suffered the same issue today. I am told by dealer it is due to a Lexus software update and many cars are seeing the same problem. I shall take the car to the dealer tomorrow to attempt to rectify the issue. 

Since the software update in the car last week my app on the phone no longer alerts  me if if I’ve left doors unlocked and journeys are no longer recorded, was all working great for me until then!! 

My NX 450h+ has just suffered the same issue today. I am told by dealer it is due to a Lexus software update and many cars are seeing the same problem. I shall take the car to the dealer tomorrow to attempt to rectify the issue. 

25 minutes ago, Bill Sharp said:

Hi Bill if you don’t have any joy take a look at how my dealer resolved it above, although this may not be relevant anymore as the latest software update in the car a few weeks ago seems to have caused a few different problems, one of which may be this.

Mine still has a mind of its own.  Sometimes it connects and others I have to mess accepting or rejecting terms etc.  it’s a clunky system, far from perfect.  

All was working well untill 14 days ago when a meesage pop on the car screen stating that Profile cannot be linked.  I have tried to sort it but have got no where .   If I accept the message I get taken to a password screen unfortunately only once in a while can I enter capitals.  I will be caontacting the dealer. 

See my answer further up about deleting phone app and downloading and registering again with a different uncomplicated  password and delete yourself from the car app and reinstall everything, that worked for me I’m using the Lexus plus app Lexus+

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Very useful thread.

A week ago I started getting the same 'Profile cannot be synced' message.  Very frustrating.  I nearly diverted to Lexus Hedge End, but the message covers the centre of the satnav screen and the satnav froze - so I couldn't find my way there!  Aaargh!

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Lexus Link + app, but to no avail.  How can I change the password to a simpler one without upper case characters?  Someone commented you can do this using the Lexus app on your home computer - where do I find this?

Many thanks

John M

If the car console is giving you an option to put the password in then you can do the following.

On Lexus plus app click on the person at the bottom of the app then sign out top right.  I’ll attach a pic.

Log back into the app with your email or phone number (if you’ve added your phone number) then when you get to the next screen there’s an option to reset password at bottom rather than putting your old one in and try to set a new one, see if it will accept with no capitals, for example blue@15about if you have to set a capital then try using just 1 if it will allow.

Once you’ve set up your new password log in on the car console with that new password (that’s why I asked if it’s giving you the option in the car).

If that does not work then the more drastic option which is the one I did at the Lexus Garage (well they did it for me)

On the Lexus plus app instead of signing out as above, there’s an option to delete account on the same page as sign out at the bottom of page, delete account and delete app.

In settings in car remove your profile completely so it’s back to how it would be as a new car.

Download the app and start again with new password as above or resetting password on the password page.

Then set up your profile on the car from new.

On the Lexus plus app in security I have require authentication 12 hours (max) and always keep me logged in, pic attached.

IMG_8623.jpeg

IMG_8622.jpeg

IMG_8624.jpeg

Hi Lisa

This is really helpful - many thanks.

I have changed my password to having no capitals, logged in in the car, and it seems to have sorted it, although I'll see what happens on a long drive.

Really grateful.  Why Lexus couldn't tell us all in the first place, could have saved a lot of aggravation.

• Like 1

That’s great news, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. I’m just uploading the security setting pic again as the keep me signed in should be toggled to on 

IMG_8632.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links