Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will this be fatal and need add to your list Malc.

A little more info.  The Window is exact in its measurements from the top but may seem out because the Car is on a slightly raised area drivers side.  However, I cocked up the centrepoint at the top by thinking that I could put a straight edge on the boot centre point (which I'd marked before the Chrome strip was removed) and then with a Spirit level get the top accurate.  Big mistake, and should have done what I did before the fitting, put a string across the two top points and measure. Am about two inches out from centre - doh!   I sound proofed the Car by gluing 1/8th Cork Sheeting about 70% to the inner area.  Will today glue the Staithes(?) to the Sheeting.  In due course I did plan to put plastic rivets at five inch intervals all round - similat to the sort used to fix Boot linings. Not sure if I'll do that or just put inch galvanised nails in to give extra strength against the internal pressure when the door gets closed.  Not clear to me how this pressure gets dissipated. Understand that closing the boot uses the two vents in the sidewalls, but the Cabin????   

• Like 1

All you need to do now is have the rear door windows tinted and hang an Eau de Cannabis air freshener from the interior mirror, just like mine😀

IMG_0525.jpeg

• Haha 1

Your car looks glorious Steve. 

I've ordered a Sticker with "The Beast" on it. (Can be childish still)

Wife says it looks like an eighties (?) Caddie !

Will it leak when finally exposed to the rain?  Will the little Sh*its target it again?   I've kept it under wraps until after the weekend.

I've been thinking about that Q. as to Cabin pressure and come to the conclusion that it escapes at the back of the parcel shelf under the Plastic Boot trim piece. Anyone more knowledgable on this? 

Cabin Pressure ……. just drive at under 80mph most of the time ( unless you’re aiming for those vandals ), open the occasional window / sun roof ……. ban smoking and eat more bikkies in the limo …… then the worry about that elusive Cabin Pressure will vanish ……. believe it or not, you’re NOT a Concorde pilot even tho’ hopefully the champagne occasionally flows for you and yours …….. it will should I come to visit 🤣

Hope you’ve got those Cctv things up to identify anymore little shi..tes causing you grief 🤔

Best wishes

Malc 

• Haha 1

The CCTV is up and running not that I've figured out the settings.  Awoke the other night around 1am and heard this beeping and as I don't take my mobile to bed had to go downstairs to get it and see what the devil was happening outside with this light/alarm system.  Turn the Bl**dy thing off was my immediate thoughts but then it started making a consistent bleeping sound. Turned out to be one of the House smoke Alarms saying Battery too low. Different noise than usual. So steps again downstaris and me in my PJ's carrying my night bags had to get the blighter down.  

Photo shows good clear image but I havent got it on "motion detection as Cats are always walking past the House and don't want this phone in our bedroom squaking every time a feline passes.. Signage up to conform to rules not that Hoodies with their faces covered are likely to see it.

(I'll bear in mind the 80mph  130kph speed limit to abide by should I ever go to France again. )

IMG_0387.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malc, I drove it for the first time in over two months the seven miles to Clacton and back over the Marshes with quite high winds. It survived in tact though my effort to drill holes to put in a few self tapping screws got nowhere. Couldn't get any bite to the bit.  Checked out this guy on you tube and he certainly gives an exhaustive challenge to discover what bit is best.  He also has done the best Centre Punch. So, shortly equipped with punch and DeWalt drill bits will try again - when its warmer!!  

• Like 1

No, I've had to pay for Taxi's 

Petrol was getting low owing to evaporation standing.  I did put some petrol in from a Can that had stood for year and the "empty" light came on just before I reached the petrol station. Wouldn't normally let it get so low.  Half full now as I don't know what mileage I'm likely to do. 

Yes only once tested the yellow light whilst in France.  Kept me worried but made it to a LeClerk without difficulty.

Had delivered today this pack of drill bits which look excellent value at £5.  The  'bay link is too long so check out with this title as 4,900 items under DeWalt    "Dewalt Dt71567-Qz Drill And Screwdriver Bit Set 16 Piece, Black"

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 12:42 PM, Malc1 said:

Aha, the onset of the “ empty” light seems to give me a further range of 100 miles or so 

Malc 

DeWalt is a little beyond me these days 🤔

I always worry when it hits that light …… rarely happens BUT I know what’s left of the 85.1 ltr tank capacity to KNOW there’s about 100 miles left ……. the 91 Ls400 now on that yellow light and 99,978 miles ……, soon be champagne time 😂

E5 Tesco Momentum usually these days …… we always get screwed on the petrol price wherever we get it 😰

Malc 

• Like 1

Damnably Tesco new pumps …… cut me off at £120 and at 155.9p = a tad under 77 ltrs and she’s full just about, well that’s how she reads …… yes I panicked as one does …… been on the orange light for about 12 miles 

BUT I’ve never seen another Ls400 almost cabriolet like yours ………. I’m sure they all have about that 100 miles left in ‘em 

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links