Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had a courtesy car with that feature and it just got on my nerves. I think it is much better to be a safe and aware driver than rely on the car.

• Like 1

If you're a hero driver and drive faster than everyone else, you don't need a blind spot warning system. In fact you don't need mirrors at all. As everyone behind you is of no consequence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Once you have had blind spot monitors it’s really a no brainer,something that helps me see something in my blind spot!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kissu said:

Once you have had blind spot monitors it’s really a no brainer,something that helps me see something in my blind spot!

Exactly right, Ian.  It’s an aid to safe, careful driving - not a substitute for it!

In fact I’m slightly surprised that you can even switch the system off.  You can certainly adjust and reduce the sensitivity of the sensors, but I haven’t done that.  I’m perfectly happy to have my attention drawn to the approaching pedestrian continuing to push a shopping trolley at my car despite it very obviously moving.

And there have been times when reversing when BSM brought my attention to such items as very low walls that were impossible to see from the driver’s seat.  

11 hours ago, Alan Noel Boddy said:

Thanks I just thought I was on my model. 

Just to be clear Alan, are you saying that it isn’t?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links