Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charging port lid

If anyone has an issue with the catch on the charging port lid being temperamental it is apparently a known issue and there is a replacement part to fix the issue, mine is due to get this fitted next week along with my spare key, the software update and locking wheel nuts.

9 minutes ago, SamHe said:

If anyone has an issue with the catch on the charging port lid being temperamental it is apparently a known issue and there is a replacement part to fix the issue, mine is due to get this fitted next week along with my spare key, the software update and locking wheel nuts.

I have always had to press mine in the middle to get it to close and sometimes it takes a couple of goes. Didn't realise it was a known issue so your dealer is obviously better than mine as they told me it was normal. I'll mention it again when I go in. Surprised you are getting the locking wheel nuts so quick. Mine are not available yet and I've had the car since last June. Just another thing to mention to the dealer

Luckily I haven’t had any probs with the charging cover. My car was delivered last May. I’ll ask if they can provide my locking wheel nuts next week. 

Somehow I managed to bend the ‘Lexus’ scuff plate on the drivers door cill. Did some research and found a supplier of genuine Lexus parts - if you ever need any parts or accessories give them a try, the service has been fantastic and you know it is the correct part as they use the VIN to ensure it is and it comes in Lexus boxes - https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk   Must be well cheaper than through a dealer. 

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Luckily I haven’t had any probs with the charging cover. My car was delivered last May. I’ll ask if they can provide my locking wheel nuts next week. 

Somehow I managed to bend the ‘Lexus’ scuff plate on the drivers door cill. Did some research and found a supplier of genuine Lexus parts - if you ever need any parts or accessories give them a try, the service has been fantastic and you know it is the correct part as they use the VIN to ensure it is and it comes in Lexus boxes - https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk   Must be well cheaper than through a dealer. 

I believe that is the Swindon dealership, I was looking for a boot liner they were cheaper and I could save even more if I picked it up from them (not to far from me) , when I order it I'll confirm if I'm correct.

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

I have always had to press mine in the middle to get it to close and sometimes it takes a couple of goes. Didn't realise it was a known issue so your dealer is obviously better than mine as they told me it was normal. I'll mention it again when I go in. Surprised you are getting the locking wheel nuts so quick. Mine are not available yet and I've had the car since last June. Just another thing to mention to the dealer

I was surprised as I only got my car at the end of November, but I was told that the reason they weren't fitted was that when they redesigned the wheel hub nobody realised that the standard locking bolts wouldn't fit so they had to be redesigned, once that was done I imagine it wouldn't take long to produce them so maybe your dealership just needs to check again.

i had the same experience with the charging cover and mentioned it to the service manager and just said I thought it wasn't up to the usual build quality that I expected the reply I got was 

Not at all, always to help; we have contacted Lexus Technical regarding your concerns and they have come back with the following information;

Re Charging Lid issue there is now a modified part to rectify this issue, we have ordered this for your vehicle but the parts aren't available until February 10th - with this in mind do you want to postpone your visit to coincide with this part being available to fit at the same time?

1 hour ago, SamHe said:

I believe that is the Swindon dealership, I was looking for a boot liner they were cheaper and I could save even more if I picked it up from them (not to far from me) , when I order it I'll confirm if I'm correct.

You are correct, it is indeed the Lexus Swindon main dealer. I’ve been using them for years and they have also been fantastic. 

1 hour ago, SamHe said:

I was surprised as I only got my car at the end of November, but I was told that the reason they weren't fitted was that when they redesigned the wheel hub nobody realised that the standard locking bolts wouldn't fit so they had to be redesigned, once that was done I imagine it wouldn't take long to produce them so maybe your dealership just needs to check again.

i had the same experience with the charging cover and mentioned it to the service manager and just said I thought it wasn't up to the usual build quality that I expected the reply I got was 

I was under the impression that the lack of locking wheel nuts was due to a parts shortage. It seems to have affected people who have purchased the new NX and RX also and I wasn’t aware that they had issues with their hubs, which required a redesign. 

9 hours ago, F.A. said:

I was under the impression that the lack of locking wheel nuts was due to a parts shortage. It seems to have affected people who have purchased the new NX and RX also and I wasn’t aware that they had issues with their hubs, which required a redesign. 

The information I got did come from a sales guy after I took delivery, so I don't know how accurate the statement was, if it affected other models that seems less likely.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it turns out that the fix for the charging port lid is a new lid with 3 lines that show where you need to push and not a modified mechanism, i'd already worked that out so decided to keep it as is as I would have to wait for the replacement to be painted and IMHO it would probably not look as good with those lines on it.

On 2/6/2024 at 12:09 AM, F.A. said:

The NX/RX shortage is due to Toyota moving from using wheel nuts to wheel bolts. I believe these are manufactured in region, and someone on these forums mentioned in Russia which may have further complicated the supply chain - although how it can take well over a year to recommission the manufacture of some wheel bolts is beyond me.

The bZ4X/RZ had a flawed hub design where wheels/hubs were becoming detached which LED to a halt in production for several months and a worldwide recall. Not sure this redesign has affected the locking wheel bolt design - probably not and just the same as the NX/RX issue.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links