Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I also note that I have lost the traffic flow information on the Satnav Map.

Pre update as soon as I turned the car on I could see which roads were congested around me - even down to which side of the carriageway was slow (orange) or standstill (red). That has disappeared.

In addition, Does anyone know what this symbol is? - The one with two arrows and a line through it? Maybe that is sating that traffic status doesn’t work? I have searched the manual and can’t find an answer.

IMG_6841.jpeg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hintonwood said:

I also note that I have lost the traffic flow information on the Satnav Map.

Pre update as soon as I turned the car on I could see which roads were congested around me - even down to which side of the carriageway was slow (orange) or standstill (red). That has disappeared.

In addition, Does anyone know what this symbol is? - The one with two arrows and a line through it? Maybe that is sating that traffic status doesn’t work? I have searched the manual and can’t find an answer.

IMG_6841.jpeg

Is it something to do with sharing geolocation, there is somewhere in settings that you have to make sure that it is selected. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Is it something to do with sharing geolocation, there is somewhere in settings that you have to make sure that it is selected. 

Just been out to the car. Went to Settings, Info and Security and noticed that all connected services are disabled. Had to enable them and agree to terms & conditions etc to restore them. Location of Car now shows up in Lexus Link+ and I expect my trips will now be recorded.

Just need my traffic info to show on navigation screen now.😡

• Thanks 4

Make sure that the arrow icon is like in the photo. Not sure if it has to do with traffic but it could be with it being geolocation. 

see photo below, Not sure were it is in settings to turn it on. 

IMG_2498.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

Make sure that the arrow icon is like in the photo. Not sure if it has to do with traffic but it could be with it being geolocation. 

see photo below, Not sure were it is in settings to turn it on. 

IMG_2498.jpeg

See my post above…. Sorted it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hintonwood said:

Just been out to the car. Went to Settings, Info and Security and noticed that all connected services are disabled. Had to enable them and agree to terms & conditions etc to restore them. Location of Car now shows up in Lexus Link+ and I expect my trips will now be recorded.

Thanks for pointing this out Ken. I'll check the settings on my car and see if that fixes it for me too.

3 hours ago, hintonwood said:

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

Thanks for pointing this out Ken. I'll check the settings on my car and see if that fixes it for me too.

Just been out to the car and the same settings were disabled as described by @hintonwood  I enabled these settings and all appears to be OK again (the Lexus Link+ app is now reporting the car's correct location and I assume that my journeys will be recorded again).

Looks like the recent software upgrade was to blame for disabling the Connected Services settings. 

• Thanks 1

I have the update, and all the functions seem to work (trips recorded, nav favourites/recent trips etc) all there.  However, I now have a horrible blue splash screen when turning on asking me to agree privacy policy, and it is every time I start. No one has mentioned it, so it maybe because I deleted my profile to stop the annoying alert about syncing my profile. I am the only driver, so all my settings on the car are for me, and the favourites are all saved by the car.  I wonder if I have to have the profile set now to get rid of this screen.  I also pressed the do not agree button, and still navigation and voice worked, so do not know if there is any real consequence for not agreeing to the terms and conditions etc.  Any views?

• Confused 1

I updated today and followed the instructions regarding enabling connected services however when I turn the engine off and back on again the connected services revert to disabled!!! Any ideas???

• Like 1

To get everything to work, after a few days of all the mentioned problems I did this: reset everything - Factory reset from the menu. I then signed in, re-linked my key and made sure all the disabled services were re-enabled. This got rid of the login prompt and everything is working BUT I guess this fully cleared my profile because I needed to redo my radio station list, navigation favorites (had disappeared before the reset), sound settings, lighting settings, door lock and entry settings ... full restart like new. I like that because I got reacquainted with all the possibilities and functions, but took way to much time. 

2 hours ago, AlanDL said:

I have the update, and all the functions seem to work (trips recorded, nav favourites/recent trips etc) all there.  However, I now have a horrible blue splash screen when turning on asking me to agree privacy policy, and it is every time I start. No one has mentioned it, so it maybe because I deleted my profile to stop the annoying alert about syncing my profile. I am the only driver, so all my settings on the car are for me, and the favourites are all saved by the car.  I wonder if I have to have the profile set now to get rid of this screen.  I also pressed the do not agree button, and still navigation and voice worked, so do not know if there is any real consequence for not agreeing to the terms and conditions etc.  Any views?

AlanDL, I have the same problem and it is very frustrating. Having read the text numerous times I have tried following the link on the QR code which only takes me to a Lexus.eu website from where you select your location country.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0101.jpeg

On 2/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, Andy B said:

Just been out to the car and the same settings were disabled as described by @hintonwood  I enabled these settings and all appears to be OK again (the Lexus Link+ app is now reporting the car's correct location and I assume that my journeys will be recorded again).

Looks like the recent software upgrade was to blame for disabling the Connected Services settings. 

Today’s update Andy….

Car Location still working.

Trip recording still not working.

Connected services had reverted to off agin so I had to re-enable them and agree to terms & conditions again.😡 I assume that when I go out to the car tomorrow they will have turned off again!🤬 Takumi craftsmanship my A*rse!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

I updated today and followed the instructions regarding enabling connected services however when I turn the engine off and back on again the connected services revert to disabled!!! Any ideas???

Same experience for me Ken.🤬

• Sad 1

May have a solution! If you go into the settings section and the navigation option you can enable all the features and by doing so the geolocation "arrows" symbol goes blue. Turned the engine off and on again - the "arrows" remained blue!!!😁

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

50 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

Today’s update Andy….

Car Location still working.

Trip recording still not working.

Connected services had reverted to off agin so I had to re-enable them and agree to terms & conditions again.😡 I assume that when I go out to the car tomorrow they will have turned off again!🤬 Takumi craftsmanship my A*rse!

Yep, same for me guys. No matter how often I enable the Connected Services they get disabled again when I next start the car. 

So at the moment, a software upgrade which delivered little or no tangible improvement or enhanced functionality (from my point of view anyway) has currently removed one function that I found at least half useful (i.e. the trip recording). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ken R said:

May have a solution! If you go into the settings section and the navigation option you can enable all the features and by doing so the geolocation "arrows" symbol goes blue. Turned the engine off and on again - the "arrows" remained blue!!!😁

Hi Ken, can you elaborate please? Are you saying that you enabled these features via the Navigation settings rather than via Info and Security?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Yep, same for me guys. No matter how often I enable the Connected Services they get disabled again when I next start the car. 

So at the moment, a software upgrade which delivered little or no tangible improvement or enhanced functionality (from my point of view anyway) has currently removed one function that I found at least half useful (i.e. the trip recording). 

It simply astonishes me that they don't test absolutely anything at all in their infotainment and connectivity software before release.  Does nobody working at UK head office drive a Lexus and see these issues?  It's been the same story since MM19.  It took them about 3 months to restore the internet connection to my car after we all were migrated onto Lexus Link "plus". They have fudged it to work at present by moving me back to the older app and associated backed.

Good luck with getting these things resolved quickly.

1 hour ago, DavidAA said:

AlanDL, I have the same problem and it is very frustrating. Having read the text numerous times I have tried following the link on the QR code which only takes me to a Lexus.eu website from where you select your location country.

IMG_0101.jpeg

To get rid of this screen you have to create a profile and link the key to it. It will keep coming if you don't have a profile linked

I am now well into my second year of ownership of my first Lexus after [as other member of this forum] owing various makes and models through the past number of years and on each change the technology and toys become more prominent making the actual issue of driving more comfortable, enjoyable and  less stressful. Yes we all know that to have all of these lovely things costs money and the Lexus is certainly up there in the expensive category

The Lexus itself does all of this with one main exception....the Multimedia which in my opinion is not fit for purpose for such a high end motor car.

After reading the last and previous posts on this subject I am at a loss as to why we [and I include myself] put up with this failing item, with owners re-setting, re-starting, re-profiling, turn off/on..only to find that something else is not working or missing information. I have more or less given up with the  [new!! ] version of the  Lexus phone app. 

My unit [as others] updated over the weekend....and as others, find that the traffic congestion is no longer there. But more importantley, my 20+ saved destinations  have now been deleted completely which is infuriating to say the least, is no fault of my own.... and should just NOT happen. 

We all own a mixture of mobile phones, Laptops, PCs, TVs etc etc that from time to time all require updating...and from my experience just switch back on and continue as normal.

Why can't a much more expensive Lexus Multimedia Tech not do the same ??

I wonder what an employed Lexus Multimedia technician would do if after updating his /her mobile phone, switched on to find the all the contacts had been wiped or documents disappeared from a PC

....they would complain or fix it and not purchase the same model again!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Hi Ken, can you elaborate please? Are you saying that you enabled these features via the Navigation settings rather than via Info and Security?

Hi Andy,

Actually both. I enabled everything in Info & Security but as I indicated this had to be done every time I started the car. Then went onto the navigation option and enabled all features there also. Appears to be working with car location and latest journey recorded.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Hi Andy,

Actually both. I enabled everything in Info & Security but as I indicated this had to be done every time I started the car. Then went onto the navigation option and enabled all features there also. Appears to be working with car location and latest journey recorded.

Thanks Ken. I'll give that a try. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 6:50 PM, SA1 said:

Oh that’s going to be a pain if the favourites always disappear as I’ve got loads of them

I’m really hoping the Siri issue has been fixed on CarPlay as that is unusable for me at the moment

I’ll probably update at the weekend after noting all of the favourites and see how it goes

I had a problem with Siri in messages in CarPlay. After dictating a text Siri would only read back the first word !  Consequently, sending a text I had no way of knowing whether Siri had compiled it correctly. Did a lot of research and concluded it was caused by IOS 17 - I updated to IOS Development Beta and problem solved. Maybe that is your issue. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DavidAA said:

IMG_0101.jpeg

I found the QR code totally useless as well and ended up loging in using text boxes for username and password.

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

To get rid of this screen you have to create a profile and link the key to it. It will keep coming if you don't have a profile linked

That's spot on, the only way to get rid of it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links