Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was self-parking optional on LS600h?

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to buy a 2007 LS600h in the next few days (very excited!). I've got to make a bit of a journey to get to it, so I haven't seen it yet, but I'm expecting to actually buy it if everything's in order with it.

I'm going to fit it with apple CarPlay using the Grom VLine V2 as this has become a deal-breaker for me since having it on my last car. From what I can tell, it seems that if the car is fitted with self-parking, the Grom system should work pretty seamlessly. But if it doesn't have self-parking, it interferes with the parking camera and takes up to 20 seconds to switch over if you don't manually turn the stereo off. I'm really hoping I have self-parking, as I would love it to be the seamless option, but I guess I'll have to find out for sure when I see it...

Anyway, out of my impatience with this, I thought I'd ask around on here to see if anyone knows about what was standard and what was optional on the LS600h in the UK? Was self-parking standard across the range?

From my own search, all I've found online is a brochure from the 2010 model in the UK, which says that self-parking was standard on the 600h, which is promising. But that's the facelift, and so quite a bit of the information on that brochure is wrong for the pre-facelift.

Does anyone happen to have a brochure/price list for the pre-2010 LS600h (especially the 2007 one), or know/remember anything about the optional equipment on these?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

Mine is a 2007 and has the self-parking. It is the (basic) 5 people model but I have no idea if it was an option or not.

Compared to the latest cars it may seem thirsty but considering it an (almost) 2.5 tons hybrid with a 5.0l V-8 I don't think that 27-28mpg combined and over 30mpg on the motorway (at 70mph) is too bad.  But you do need to be aware that the hybrid Battery will be over £2K (likely to need changing) and the suspension (air) (most likely to need replacing) will run at over £1K per shock, per corner and the control arms are also quite expensive. On the plus side it is a real pleasure to drive and super comfortable.

Knowing what I know now (having previously had a Ls430) if I had the choice I'd choose the La430 as it is not quite as expensive to run.  Maintenance aside the Ls600hl is much better car and it also has awd  (By the by I didn't have the choice when I bought the  Ls600: there was no Ls430 I could have bought at the time).

18 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Thirsty car's but they looks beautiful 😍 and very comfy! 

I go low 30s out of mine most of the time (motorway miles mainly), and worth every penny. Brilliant cars. 

Absolutely agree that they are brilliant cars but the maintenance....  

5 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

I go low 30s out of mine most of the time (motorway miles mainly), and worth every penny. Brilliant cars. 

12 minutes ago, GEN said:

Absolutely agree that they are brilliant cars but the maintenance....  

I had mine from 100,000 miles to around 160,00 miles over around 3 1/2 years. All covered by a full Lexus warranty bought at the point of purchase from Lexus Stoke. Was around £200/year from memory. At the time, Lexus provided a full main dealer warranty on any pre-owned car under 10 years old and 100,000 miles. Mine was just over but they gave it to me anyway!

That said, hardly anything went wrong with it and I think I only used the warranty once for some suspension work. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 8:40 PM, ls6 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to buy a 2007 LS600h in the next few days (very excited!). I've got to make a bit of a journey to get to it, so I haven't seen it yet, but I'm expecting to actually buy it if everything's in order with it.

I'm going to fit it with Apple CarPlay using the Grom VLine V2 as this has become a deal-breaker for me since having it on my last car. From what I can tell, it seems that if the car is fitted with self-parking, the Grom system should work pretty seamlessly. But if it doesn't have self-parking, it interferes with the parking camera and takes up to 20 seconds to switch over if you don't manually turn the stereo off. I'm really hoping I have self-parking, as I would love it to be the seamless option, but I guess I'll have to find out for sure when I see it...

Anyway, out of my impatience with this, I thought I'd ask around on here to see if anyone knows about what was standard and what was optional on the LS600h in the UK? Was self-parking standard across the range?

From my own search, all I've found online is a brochure from the 2010 model in the UK, which says that self-parking was standard on the 600h, which is promising. But that's the facelift, and so quite a bit of the information on that brochure is wrong for the pre-facelift.

Does anyone happen to have a brochure/price list for the pre-2010 LS600h (especially the 2007 one), or know/remember anything about the optional equipment on these?

Many thanks!

I own a 2010 ls600hl, it has the self parking, but as it so lengthy to setup, it is vurtually useless.

I won't know how you would get 25mpg plus around town, but you can 30mpg on the motorway.

There is the self parking button on the steering wheel on the left hand side, just below brake hold assist

6 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

I own a 2010 ls600hl, it has the self parking, but as it so lengthy to setup, it is vurtually useless.

I won't know how you would get 25mpg plus around town, but you can 30mpg on the motorway.

There is the self parking button on the steering wheel on the left hand side, just below brake hold assist

The person asking the question was interested because the self-parking somehow facilitated the use of music player to be installed as feature not on that particular model.  You're absolutely right that the self-parking is useless: I just read about it and forgot about it: it did seem to me that just setting it up,assuming that it is really accurate, would take so long I couldn't be bothered and if I was to try it in town I'd probably be run out of town!😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GEN said:

The person asking the question was interested because the self-parking somehow facilitated the use of music player to be installed as feature not on that particular model.  You're absolutely right that the self-parking is useless: I just read about it and forgot about it: it did seem to me that just setting it up,assuming that it is really accurate, would take so long I couldn't be bothered and if I was to try it in town I'd probably be run out of town!😁

Sure I understand, I can have a look at some UK car ads and see if any 600h mention if they have self parking.

If it does am sure it would be a good to try it and have some fun, out of town though😃

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links