Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Norman, welcome to this forum

Can you tell us something about your car,  year, mileage , regn too maybe ?

any distinguishing photos ?  is the speedo just in kph ?  the radio with all UK channels ?  any Japanese hieroglyphics on the dash or radio or on the controls anywhere ?

Any sales documentation ever with advices about whatever ?

That might help us to help you  !

Malc

Hi thank you for your reply but it’s a vehicle I’m going to buy the dealer over the phone tells me it’s a U.K. car and he seems genuine but I don’t trust anyone when they are trying to sell you something 

the other thing if it’s a GB car should the hybrid display be in English or Japanese ?

Hi

There are some of the pointers it is a Japanese Import

1) Imports will not have UK service history or Hybrid Health Check

2) the sat nav and some buttons maybe in japanese

3) Imports may have wind deflectors and extra bodykit and non standard UK reg plates

4) They may have an additional foglight which is required for the UK SVA test

5) They may have  parking pole stick out of the front bumper

6) The mileage maybe displayed in KMs and not miles

Here is an example of an import LS600h

2010 Black Lexus LS 600h WALD 5.0 V8 Saloon 4dr Petrol Hybrid CVT 4WD Euro 5 (s/s) (445 ps) for sale for £14,495 in IPSWICH, SUFFOLK (autotrader.co.uk)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

And how it looks on the DVLA website

Date of first registration
March 2010
Date of first registration with DVLA
March 2022

1 hour ago, stormin said:

Hi all can anyone please tell me how I can tell if the car is a GB model or a Jap import 

any advice would be appreciated 

norm

Hello,

Usually the number plate at the back is a square design and a bigger area than the UK long and thin design

Beware some insurers won’t touch a Jap import version of a standard UK equivalent  car

Your insce broker might solve your originating problem over the phone if you give them the regn number  …… they will possibly know ! 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Beware some insurers won’t touch a Jap import version of a standard UK equivalent  car

Your insce broker might solve your originating problem over the phone if you give them the regn number  …… they will possibly know ! 

Malc 

that was my main concern also parts as when I had my body shop many years ago, we used to work for a company who imported Toyota Amazons and if we add to order parts, the first thing Toyota asked for was the VIN number and if it was an import, they refused to supply parts as for insurance my current company have given me a really good price of fully comp & protected NCD for just over £500 

4 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Hi

There are some of the pointers it is a Japanese Import

1) Imports will not have UK service history or Hybrid Health Check

2) the sat nav and some buttons maybe in japanese

3) Imports may have wind deflectors and extra bodykit and non standard UK reg plates

4) They may have an additional foglight which is required for the UK SVA test

5) They may have  parking pole stick out of the front bumper

6) The mileage maybe displayed in KMs and not miles

2010 Black Lexus LS 600h WALD 5.0 V8 Saloon 4dr Petrol Hybrid CVT 4WD Euro 5 (s/s) (445 ps) for sale for £14,495 in IPSWICH, SUFFOLK (autotrader.co.uk)

I saw this one too pimped up thanks for your advice 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links